Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews for Ride Operator

Fun workplace
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey15 January 2018
Working in the rides department, you will never have a dull day. You make friends so easily as you work with lots of people each day. There is a great sense of community within your team. Since working there I have learned how important team work.
Fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington29 August 2017
Fun to work for and nice management. Flexible working hours and they take into account any requests. Fun atmosphere to work in with other staff and it is mostly outside
Fun at first, but not what it seems
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey12 December 2016
Its great to start with, but not the best place to work. Great if youre a student and this is your first job, not so great if youre a bit more serious.
productive fun fast pase workplace.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington4 November 2016
a typical day of work would start of with a morning briefing for team leaders to tell us where we would be going to start of our day and if there is any other news we should know about we get told about in briefing. 10:00 we get the call that our ride is open adventurers being to enter the park then from then its just a routine checks letting people on and off the ride, height checking ect. the hardest part about the job is that it can be stressful at times but if you push yourself you can get through a stressful day and be proud by the end of it. the bit about the job I like the most is knowing how many people and children a day I make happy just by being at the ride and helping where I can.
Pros
pros are you gain alot of friendships And exsperiance dealing with customers/adventures.
Cons
the stress of it sometimes but everyjob has its stressfull times.
Its an okay place to work, but badly run.
AMUSEMENT PARK RIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chessington, ENG11 June 2015
Chessington World Of Adventures is a pretty fun place to work, but the team management is sporadic and suffers from favoritism within the work force meaning that some staff members are treated with preference over others due to friendships outside of the work place affecting that within the workplace. The staff canteen was basic at best, and the working conditions are fairly brutal, sometimes being made to stand in the searing hot sun during the summer for multiple hours on end whilst having to be in control of the safety of many guests who are on the ride.
Pros
Free tickets to other attractions
Cons
Long hours, harsh conditions, poor m
An Entertaining and Enjoyable workplace
Rides Host/Operator (Current Employee) –  Chessington, ENG6 November 2013
The park is approximately 10 miles from where I live, and due to the bus routes and times, it would take roughly over an hour to get to work.
This was tedious, due to the fact that I was juggling work and college. However, my team leaders and colleagues were supportive and motivational.
I've worked in a positive atmosphere, with managers that behaved like 'team captains' rather than authoritative figures. My colleagues are probably the best friends I've ever had.

I did occasionally meet guest who were difficult to deal with. Unreasonable and offensive at times.

My interest in Entertainment & Arts, is a primary reason for why I enjoyed working at Chessington. The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely engaging with the guests, and my colleagues.