Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

It’s okay sometimes
Rides & Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington12 October 2019
Management run about like headless chickens, guests can be hard to deal with but it’s a fun place to work. Their are some good staff there too! .
Chessington have an overall rating of 5.
Commercial Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington9 October 2019
They make a conscious effort to ensure both their staff and guests are both safe and happy and go out of their way to be the best they can to do so. Chessington ensure that they pay their workers very well and make sure they are treated the best they can.
Long hours And Terrible management
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington17 September 2019
Makes you work 8+ hours without break or puts you on break an hour into your shift so you work 6+ hours. Management have no regard for their staff and put too much pressure on staff. Benefits are good 20% off at merlin attractions and 20 free tickets.
Halloween entertainment host
Halloween host (Former Employee) –  Chessington South1 September 2019
This job was probably the best job that I’ve had. Training was amazing and staff are super friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere working in this company and you are constantly given opportunities to interact with people from all over the globe that come to visit. Hours fly by because you’re having so much fun. Nice and comfortable uniform provided and an overall surreal experience.
Terrible treatment of workers
Base Camp Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey27 August 2019
Few rights, zero hours, lucky to get a penny over minimum wage. Terrible management, little assistance if you do need help. They will prioritise employing the youngest workers as possible just to keep their wage costs down
Worked in rides and attractions
Rides and Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 July 2019
As fun as the job is, there is stress involved. Especially during half term and halloween fright night. The hours are very long. Normal days consists of 9:30 - 6 or even later.... Also, if the ride had broken down it is your job to tell the guests of the situation. Some people are understanding while others will kick off at you, even though it is not your fault. Which is very intimidating and a hard job to do.
Pros
Fun and 20 free merlin passes on your first year.
Cons
Long hours, a low wage for people under 18, guests being annoyed, colleagues annoyed where being placed for the day
A lot of changes if i was to work their again
Arcade Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey19 March 2019
my first day the manager was rude when i went in told me to get my hair cut with out knowing the condition of health i had
it was the easy work long hours especially if wasn't busy
you were not guaranteed work due to it was a 0 hour contract sometimes you could work 2 days a week maybe more depending on how many our willing to do work
i learned how to fix machines without any training which they didnt deliver
they were slow at call outs due to having to work all over the park if one of the games in the park broke they were either on a break or fixing another part of the park it was all a mess there
hardest part of the job when the arcade games ran out of tickets or the machine decided to break
most enjoyable part of the job able to work on your own speaking to customers interacting with them offering them free games due to them giving me time
i would rate my ex job a 6/10 as said there is a lot of changes that need to be done
Pros
break whenever
Cons
short hours
Fun but Not long term
Attractions and Ride Host (Former Employee) –  London4 March 2019
I work as Chessington for two Summer periods. The staff are fun to be around and the culture is really good for those out of uni or still at school. If you see yourself wanting a good work-life balance then this isn't for your hours can be long and travel without a car isn't easy. Dealing with guests can be fun but mostly hard to deal with little support on the ground, although if you do find yourself with issue management will sort it. I would recommend one or two years working there any more and you will be trapped here for a long long time.
Pros
Work Culture, Test Rides, Decent Benefits after 6 Weeks
Cons
Long Hours, Cheep Pay, No Free Lunch
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey14 February 2019
Worked in retail. Was always kept very busy: serving customers, replenishing shelves, maintaining the shop floor, being moved to different units etc. Was fun but could be demanding at times, particularly during peak visiting times (e.g. during holidays), and on days where there were fewer staff.
Okay
Picsolve host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey14 January 2019
A typical day at work, I would be on my feet hours on end with a half an hour break. I didn't really learn anything except how to smile at customers. The management was poor, they didn't know what was going on half of the time. Half an hour break for working 2:30pm - 7:30pm.
Pros
got paid
Cons
Long hours, judgmental people
Flexible hours but treated poorly
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey31 October 2018
The management at Chessington allow you to work however many hours are convenient. However, in my experience, the team leaders were often unwilling to allow me to work in a role which would’ve furthered my growth within the company
Pros
Flexible hours, discounts with many companies
Cons
Long hours during holidays, dismissive management
Rewarding
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey5 April 2018
Initially when you first start working at Chessington you're getting used to the environment and the different types of people. However, the longer you work there the more you grow used to it and find your groove. I recommend working there especially if you want a starter job.
Draining
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey17 March 2018
unfortunately, the park is no loner even good, old and not looked after. management is like a popularity contest and motivation is at an all time low, it may be good for some looking to get shouted at. But all management is dreadful and is a dead end job.
Pros
20 free tickets a year
Cons
bad management and poor guest experience
fun workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey27 January 2018
chessington was a brilliant place for my first job as it was a relaxed calm workplace to introduce me to the world of work. i would recommend it as a first job for many people.
Fun workplace
Admission host (Former Employee) –  Chessington North and Hook10 January 2018
I was working closely in a team, handling situations in a professional and polite manner, treating the customers pleasantly and assuring they feel welcome.
This job was ok
Admissions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey19 December 2017
This job was fun at times but there was long days in the cold I did not enjoy the cold days the some of the staff were rude to me and some I got on with I did work with my family so that wasn’t to bad
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very long hours
lack of ambition
Host (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey11 December 2017
there seems to be no leadership as team leaders are more interested in gossip rather than doing their job, there is a lack in investment in updating the equipment.
okay place to work if you are young
Retail Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
Its was an okay place to work if you need money but management are a bit rubbish and rude.Also the place is run by young people so can be a very jubgemental place to work.
Productive and Fun workplace
Rides Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington7 November 2017
This job place was one of the best work places i have worked at so far. This is because all of my collegues were friendly and was a joy to work with them.

As soon as the resort got busy, the other staff were willing to help out as well and had no problem for helping out.
Pros
Free Merlin Tickets
Cons
Tiring
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Admissions Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey9 October 2017
Chessington is a great summer job with most employees, and mangers, being between the ages of 16-21, creating a fun environment. Peak season is incredibly busy but the day goes quicker. As an admissions host we would have to be in at 8:30 and could only leave after the last guest had, so most shifts during summer would be between 11 and 12hrs, making it hard to have a have a good work/life balance. Guests at times could be extremely rude and patronising, given the age of most of the employees, but management would be around to deal with the most difficult guests. Occasionally, it would take managers a while to be with you if you contacted them, especially around mid-afternoon. Overall, it was a fun place to work and really improves your team-working and customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chessington World of Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.

Chessington World of Adventures Reviews by Location