Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews in Leatherhead

3.4Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
rubbish managment but a fun environment
Rides and attractions Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Leatherhead24 July 2015
the management team are unorganised and not reliable. its hard work but enjoyable. its a long day the hours are really long. they train you well but are strict over stupid things like not being able to wear your uniform to and from work. I don't fit in with the team at chessington and you cant easily go and talk to a team leader if you have a problem. Team leaders aren't on the same page one will tell you one thing and someone else will tell you another which becomes confusing. They never answer emails on time and if you need a change in your rota it takes them ages to complete it. it is fun interacting with the public and test riding the rides but I don't think chessington is organised behind closed doors. I think they need more experienced managers and team leaders who can organise and sort problems quickly
Very fun and the people are easy to get along with.
Host/Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, ENG19 September 2013
A typical day would start with opening the kiosk and cashing in the tills. We would help customers with information about our products (fast track tickets and animal experiences). I have learnt about customer relations, solving problems and working as a team. The management at Chessington were very helpful, respectable and all round nice people. My co-workers were exceptional as they welcomed me with open arms and kept up that same attitude throughout my employment. Even I had the pleasure of welcoming new staff to our department so I was looked at as a respected colleague. The hardest part of my job..was getting to Chessington as I live in Mitcham. That is all. I enjoyed ALL of my duties at CWOA because everyone acted like a family and we all helped each other when in need and took care of one another.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and A busy working place
Senior Host (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead20 August 2012
At Chessington World of Adventures, a fun theme park environment, the skills that I have gained from there is that I can deal with different situations in a fast working and busy place with the members of public with different age group.

We were all working in a big team then split into a small team depends on locations that allocated to work in but we are all part of one big team. I enjoyed working there because its a fun place to work in, working with different people and environment everyday such as swapping team members around into the different team and shops.
Pros
free tickets to all the attractions in merlin company
Cons
long hours and if over staffed someone may have to get send home