Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews in Chessington

average job
V.I.P HOST (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey29 November 2019
very average job and job experience, but what can you expect really. At times the work is hard, with very long hours, but overall there is a good sense of working as part of a team.
fast-paced and teamworking environment
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey14 November 2019
The typical day was opeining up making sure stock was full and that we had enough stock to last the day. Also learned new skills to potentialy help for the future. Managment changed quite often, however the work place culture was very exspanded. Hardest part was staying on top of everything and producing quick customer service during very busy times. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working in a good team environment.
It was ok
Hotel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington12 November 2019
I enjoyed working with the people but it was hard work and very tiring most more then any jobs I have worked for due to low staff it was all on me really
Treated like a robot
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 November 2019
As a young entry level worker on a zero hours contract me and my colleagues were taken advantage of and made to work for illegal lengths of time with no breaks. flexible shifts.
fun place to work.
F & B HOST (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey30 October 2019
Chessington is a nice place to work as my managers and superiors were very patient with me when it came to my training. It is a nice experience as the staff I worked with are very kind and approachable.
fun workplace
host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey29 October 2019
Chessington is a fun work place however there is big division between hosts (normal staff) and management. Poor wages £5.56 for 16-21 year olds. However team leaders can be understanding and fun.
Pros
magic pass
Cons
extemely long hours
It’s okay sometimes
Rides & Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington12 October 2019
Management run about like headless chickens, guests can be hard to deal with but it’s a fun place to work. Their are some good staff there too! .
Family-Like Environment
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey10 October 2019
Working at Chessington as a Rides attendant has taught me skills i couldn't be taught anywhere else. Everyone in the Rides office is friendly and helpful and look after their staff to ensure everyone gets fair breaks, toilet covers and special events throughout the season to celebrate our efforts so far.
Chessington have an overall rating of 5.
Commercial Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington9 October 2019
They make a conscious effort to ensure both their staff and guests are both safe and happy and go out of their way to be the best they can to do so. Chessington ensure that they pay their workers very well and make sure they are treated the best they can.
Very annoying
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 October 2019
Was not given any training for this job so I was left struggling and confused for most of the time. Management are a hassle and there were times where I had to skip breaks to get all the rooms done on time.
Long hours And Terrible management
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington17 September 2019
Makes you work 8+ hours without break or puts you on break an hour into your shift so you work 6+ hours. Management have no regard for their staff and put too much pressure on staff. Benefits are good 20% off at merlin attractions and 20 free tickets.
Fun Summer Job
Rides and Attractions Host and Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey2 September 2019
Chessington World of Adventures is a fun summer job to have working with friends however is not a practical permanent job (unless you're in management) due to it being seasonal work and low salary. Management are great and it's a very relaxed working environment. They have some good benefits however salary is low even working full time. The hours are longer than advertised due to having to wait until the park has cleared to go home and they extend working days during the school holidays and on unexpected busier days (can be last minute notice). A very good job if you're wanting to do something fun and different!
It was okay
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey2 September 2019
At chessington world of adventures it was harder to work your way up the ladder to become higher. The job wasn’t as good as the advertisements said it was.
Terrible treatment of workers
Base Camp Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey27 August 2019
Few rights, zero hours, lucky to get a penny over minimum wage. Terrible management, little assistance if you do need help. They will prioritise employing the youngest workers as possible just to keep their wage costs down
Not as expected
Retail (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey9 August 2019
It was not what I expected, I worked there for a day and never came back as they did not meet expectations. I thought I would be focused on the area I applied for yet, they had me scoop ice cream, throw away garbage. But most importantly, I was not treated nicely by my co-workers, they ignored me and if I could not work the till (they did not till train me in the morning when it was required) they would snap at me in front of the customers.
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey17 July 2019
I have worked as a team leader for nearly two years at chessington and I am enjoying the responsibility
good place to work
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey8 July 2019
Very fun environment working with nice people. The kitchen and work environment was also very good and hygienic. The managers are reasonable and good people to work for
Pros
good pay
Cons
A good place to work on certain skills
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey3 July 2019
It helped with my communication and team work whilst also giving me a large opportunity. It is a safe workplace and environment with welcoming and calm energy.
Pros
Free passes to other merlin parks
Cons
Paying for lunches
Worked in rides and attractions
Rides and Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 July 2019
As fun as the job is, there is stress involved. Especially during half term and halloween fright night. The hours are very long. Normal days consists of 9:30 - 6 or even later.... Also, if the ride had broken down it is your job to tell the guests of the situation. Some people are understanding while others will kick off at you, even though it is not your fault. Which is very intimidating and a hard job to do.
Pros
Fun and 20 free merlin passes on your first year.
Cons
Long hours, a low wage for people under 18, guests being annoyed, colleagues annoyed where being placed for the day
Good as starter job
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey28 June 2019
good job to start off however hours and rotas are unorganised. work includes cleaning serving taking payments hosting and organising. good training is also provided to ensure ease of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chessington World of Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.

Chessington World of Adventures Reviews by Location