Chessington World of Adventures Employee Reviews

Family-Like Environment
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey10 October 2019
Working at Chessington as a Rides attendant has taught me skills i couldn't be taught anywhere else. Everyone in the Rides office is friendly and helpful and look after their staff to ensure everyone gets fair breaks, toilet covers and special events throughout the season to celebrate our efforts so far.
Chessington have an overall rating of 5.
Commercial Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington9 October 2019
They make a conscious effort to ensure both their staff and guests are both safe and happy and go out of their way to be the best they can to do so. Chessington ensure that they pay their workers very well and make sure they are treated the best they can.
Very annoying
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 October 2019
Was not given any training for this job so I was left struggling and confused for most of the time. Management are a hassle and there were times where I had to skip breaks to get all the rooms done on time.
Long hours And Terrible management
Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington17 September 2019
Makes you work 8+ hours without break or puts you on break an hour into your shift so you work 6+ hours. Management have no regard for their staff and put too much pressure on staff. Benefits are good 20% off at merlin attractions and 20 free tickets.
Fun Summer Job
Rides and Attractions Host and Operator (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey2 September 2019
Chessington World of Adventures is a fun summer job to have working with friends however is not a practical permanent job (unless you're in management) due to it being seasonal work and low salary. Management are great and it's a very relaxed working environment. They have some good benefits however salary is low even working full time. The hours are longer than advertised due to having to wait until the park has cleared to go home and they extend working days during the school holidays and on unexpected busier days (can be last minute notice). A very good job if you're wanting to do something fun and different!
It was okay
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey2 September 2019
At chessington world of adventures it was harder to work your way up the ladder to become higher. The job wasn’t as good as the advertisements said it was.
Halloween entertainment host
Halloween host (Former Employee) –  Chessington South1 September 2019
This job was probably the best job that I’ve had. Training was amazing and staff are super friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere working in this company and you are constantly given opportunities to interact with people from all over the globe that come to visit. Hours fly by because you’re having so much fun. Nice and comfortable uniform provided and an overall surreal experience.
Terrible treatment of workers
Base Camp Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey27 August 2019
Few rights, zero hours, lucky to get a penny over minimum wage. Terrible management, little assistance if you do need help. They will prioritise employing the youngest workers as possible just to keep their wage costs down
Not as expected
Retail (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey9 August 2019
It was not what I expected, I worked there for a day and never came back as they did not meet expectations. I thought I would be focused on the area I applied for yet, they had me scoop ice cream, throw away garbage. But most importantly, I was not treated nicely by my co-workers, they ignored me and if I could not work the till (they did not till train me in the morning when it was required) they would snap at me in front of the customers.
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey17 July 2019
I have worked as a team leader for nearly two years at chessington and I am enjoying the responsibility
good place to work
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey8 July 2019
Very fun environment working with nice people. The kitchen and work environment was also very good and hygienic. The managers are reasonable and good people to work for
Pros
good pay
Cons
A good place to work on certain skills
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey3 July 2019
It helped with my communication and team work whilst also giving me a large opportunity. It is a safe workplace and environment with welcoming and calm energy.
Pros
Free passes to other merlin parks
Cons
Paying for lunches
Worked in rides and attractions
Rides and Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington1 July 2019
As fun as the job is, there is stress involved. Especially during half term and halloween fright night. The hours are very long. Normal days consists of 9:30 - 6 or even later.... Also, if the ride had broken down it is your job to tell the guests of the situation. Some people are understanding while others will kick off at you, even though it is not your fault. Which is very intimidating and a hard job to do.
Pros
Fun and 20 free merlin passes on your first year.
Cons
Long hours, a low wage for people under 18, guests being annoyed, colleagues annoyed where being placed for the day
Good as starter job
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey28 June 2019
good job to start off however hours and rotas are unorganised. work includes cleaning serving taking payments hosting and organising. good training is also provided to ensure ease of work
Productive and always have something to do.
Food and Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2019
The pay is low, however for the amount of hours it can be worth it. Everyone is so pleasant and the training is very effective. You will always feel comfortable and can ask the managers anything.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Terrible
Chessington World Of Adventures Waiter (Former Employee) –  Chessington6 June 2019
Just so trash.
The manager don’t know what they are doing and the CEO swore at me on my first day.
I really didn’t enjoy no one was nice or friendly.
I could not deal with it.
Cons
Enjoyable staff but poor management
Senior Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey28 May 2019
Highly overworked staff with little support from disrespectful managers who are not only hypocritical but extremely harsh on workers - many of which are young
Pros
A few free tickets to merlin attractions
Cons
Long hours, poor management
horrible
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Chessington30 March 2019
staff talk about people, have spread rumors, been searched multiple times and been singled out, no confidentiality, two faced staff, salary is awful, always have to work overtime, do not get recognition for hard work, very under appreciated, never get a thank you, managers only care about work they do not take your mental state into consideration and are just overall uncaring and inconsiderate.
A lot of changes if i was to work their again
Arcade Host (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey19 March 2019
my first day the manager was rude when i went in told me to get my hair cut with out knowing the condition of health i had
it was the easy work long hours especially if wasn't busy
you were not guaranteed work due to it was a 0 hour contract sometimes you could work 2 days a week maybe more depending on how many our willing to do work
i learned how to fix machines without any training which they didnt deliver
they were slow at call outs due to having to work all over the park if one of the games in the park broke they were either on a break or fixing another part of the park it was all a mess there
hardest part of the job when the arcade games ran out of tickets or the machine decided to break
most enjoyable part of the job able to work on your own speaking to customers interacting with them offering them free games due to them giving me time
i would rate my ex job a 6/10 as said there is a lot of changes that need to be done
Pros
break whenever
Cons
short hours
i loved working here!!
Retail and Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey17 March 2019
this was one of my very first job positions and I loved it!! the staff and management were amazing and had a large opportunity for promotions within the workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chessington World of Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.

Chessington World of Adventures Reviews by Location