Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS FoundationTrust

Good training

Good communication

Well led

Caring and kind colleagues
Typical NHS organisation, typical day to day stresses of working in a budget driven environment but over all everyone is lovely and you get a real sense of team work which makes it feel worth while.
I see on average 8 clients a day - the delivery of therapy which I provide mainly encompasses evidence based CBT interventions covering a range of modalities. I have a experience of working face to face , online and within groups. I work in structured way offering clients problem identification, goal setting and personalised treatment packages. I adhere to and follow government guidelines for a range of mental health disorders based on current DSM criteria and NICE clinical guidelines.

I have gained a wealth of experience from the service users that i have had the pleasure to work with so far in my NHS career, this is averaged currently at 13, 500 patients. In addition to my current role i am also a qualified Counsellor who is registered with the BACP.

The hardest part to my role is the how the NHS tends to be lacking in forward thinking fresh ideas to move with modern times and maximise on improving access and on how they deliver services. This sadly means lack of utilising current staff skills and wasting money.

The most enjoyable part of role is helping others and being instrumental in supporting service users and improving access to psychological therapies. Reducing stigma and breaking down barriers of perception of Mental health often through psycho-education which provides a normalising opportunity. This aspect i enjoy as mental health is the same as a physical health and both have a reciprocal nature. Often mental health is still currently misunderstood and prevents people from seeking help the support they need and deserve. Helping to educate others and
 - more...
Pros
working with evidence based therapies which the NHS champions
Cons
Poor working conditions such as limited resources, IT and development of service delivery
Like most professional bodies CWP has become more interested in the business side of things than the actual care they state they provide. The manager is less than useless & the management team are simply never there when needed.
Management never in the office. no job security. Rude managers. Expect the world for a low salary. The most enjoyable part was leaving the office to go home.
Sadly becoming more business like and losing quality by the minute. No clear direction from service management. A Trust that likes to look good on paper and in the media, but spends more money on that than on the vulnerable people it is set up for.
Pros
Nhs
Cons
Nhs
• Determined appropriate therapeutic approaches to improve patients’ well-being when deemed that patients were unmotivated to change.
• Conducted group therapy sessions for Binge Eating groups and implemented alternative concepts and strategies when the group dynamic was considered weak.

• Performed successfully psychological assessments and formulations to patients and reviewed therapy programs to meet adequately patients’ different needs.

• Maintained accurate and timely records of patients’ progress and mental condition and reported any accidents, concerns and service plans for change to Lead Therapist when necessary.

• Attended conferences in which to learn, as well as, shared information with other clinical psychologists.
Overall a good employer but subject to the same external and financial pressures as every NHS Trust. Opportunities for career advancement available for both clinical and non-clinical staff. Working for the Trust gives a sense of doing a job that really matters but the management is very much dependent on the skills of the individual person. Many clinical staff are placed in managerial roles taking them away from the clinical role they are training & dedicated to do due to lack of proper funding being available and difficult choices having to be made on which category of staff to appoint.
Pros
Good staff support i.e. OH and physio referrals
Trust needs to improve work life balance for staff! They also have an inability to listen to staff concerns regarding the volume of patients seen during a shift. unrealistic expectations,
Pros
Relaible
Cons
Inadequate management involvement
This was an interesting place to work with lots of opportunities to learn and a caring culture toward staff. It was a lovely place to care for clients and learn from other members of staff.
Typical day was busy and interesting
Learned a lot about the NHS as an organisation and the problems it currently faces in terms of staffing

Management was supportive and caring on the whole

The workplace culture was hard working and sociable

The hardest part of the job was that a very high percentage of the HR Advisor's post revolved around employee relations work

The most enjoyable part of the job was effectively communicating with and assisting both management and staff with HR issues / problems
Pros
Holiday allowance / flexible working hours / job security
Cons
Heavy workload (probably the case in most jobs !)
I enjoyed my last assignment working for a very hard working team. I gave secretarial support to the Forensic Support Service, typing appointment letters, answering the telephone and passing any messages for staff offsite.
Shocking company to work for. No man management skills or empathy with employees. Unhelpful, difficult, unapproachable. Thank God I'm away from them....
Pros
stressfull days without any support from management the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with mental health issues overcome problems and live back in the community
working within an office setting providing medication to clients. Reviewing prescribed medication and ensuring the right medication is provided.
Keyworking clients.
Pros
Cons
not person focused
Working with dementia patients is hard work but an enjoyable experience. I have gained a lot through the training programmes provided to me by the company. My supervisors are great people but we hardly see anything of the general management team.
Pros
Working with a great care team
Cons
Not enough hours
I fully enjoyed being a team member for the chester east community care team. The team worked well together and was well supported by the manager. There was no job to big or too small, as long as the care was given to the patient and family we were happy that the job was done on that day
I managed all areas of office work for the ward. helping to create Care Plans, Assisted with varying types of meetings with Patients, relatives and Multi-Disciplinary teams and Management.

i learnt how to cope with the day to day running of a very busy intensive ward. How to interact with people on different levels

I was a team player but could and did work on my own.

As a Healthcare worker i was rewarded by receiving ill patients and seeing them through to discharge. that was very rewarding
The Trust offers a wide variety of community and hospital based mental health and learning disability teams. Each hospital within the trust offers acute care wards as well as some having dementia units, Psychiatric Intensive Care Units and CAMHS services. Good place to learn lots of new skills as a student nurse with lots of support from all of the staff.
A typical day at work involved answering the phones, dealing with different issues users present and offering solutions. I have learnt many new IT skills and have learnt more about customer service. My management lacked communication, mainly due to change and restructure, which in turn meant that job progression decreased dramatically. my co workers where probably the only reason i've stuck it out so far, they are all fantastic and relationships have been made for life.
One of the hardest parts about my job is the increasing pressures of stress. Not only do you have the stress of the job itself but the transfer of the stress from the user over the phone.

the most enjoyable part is the fantastic people, making lots of new friends and working as a great team.
Pros
Fantastic People
Cons
Stressful working enviroment and poor salary and benefits.
Good employer.
Responsible for 10 patients and staff team of 25

Fun kind and friendly environment to work in. Offers good training and chance to further skills and progress
Pros
good locality
Cons
difficult to park
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS FoundationTrust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6