Cheshire West and Chester Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Knights Grange Sports Complex13 July 2017
Dealing with members of the public
Open and closing of the building
Key holder
Cashing up at end of shift.
Lone working
What i like about my job is meeting different people everyday.
day to day life
Senior role (Former Employee) –  Chester15 July 2016
No two minutes were the same, meeting new people. Supporting and overcoming new challenges. Making people`s voices heard,gained qualifications.
Pros
Gained value life skills.
Cons
Team work not always applied within house.
Busy but fun work place
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford, ENG11 August 2014
When working as a sales advisor in river island I learned how to communicate with customers and work at a fast pase, also multi tasking.
Some shifts I would be on the shop floor, other shifts I would be on the changing rooms and when I was on the early shifts I would be on delivery and stock control.
Support Worker
GENERIC SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  CHESHIRE28 October 2013
Worked with Adults with a Learning Difficulty for 21 years. I have kept up with my training and the last course I attended was about a month ago and it was Challenging Behaviour which I found very interesting.
I have NVQ2 Health and Social Care and Team Leading. I started to do the NVQ3 Diploma but unfortunately we all found little time to do it. The job I had was going over to Social Enterprise 1st October 2013. We had to concentrate on finding ideas to make a profit as we were a Service Provider previously for Cheshire West and Chester.
A typical day would be having a team meeting to discuss issues that were current e.g a service user hadn't been themselves, they didn't communicate verbally. They were unable to tell us what was wrong. The client's keyworker would try to collate information from other carers to see if we couls help the Service User or ask for help from other agencies like Behaviour Support Team.
After the meeting, we would support Service Users in their apropriate sessions which could for example be supporting two clients to cook their lunch. We would talk about the smells and aromas of the food we were cooking and talk through the cpreperaion procedure. We would talk to the Service User and involve them.
Lunch time, my colleagues and myself would support Service Users to have their lunch. Quite a few needed support to eat and drink, pureed diet, soft foods, diets given by the Dietician. The Service Users were also supported in the bathroom. The majority of S/u's wore pads and needed hoisting from their wheelchairs or "comfy" chairs.
The S/U's were not
  more... able to do their own finances, so we would do their finances for them and take out their money for lunch recording this on the finance sheet.
Again the p.m was another session this could be Sanjuro. The centre paid a tutor to take a session in the centre and it was open to anyone who had a L.D.
S/U's would be supported with refreshments throughout the day and just before they went home.
As I worked a late shift, I would see that the client was put on the correct transport, dressed for the weather.
Paper work was done throughout the day when time permitted.
Loved the job, loved the client group. learnt so much.
Pros
Up to date training.
Cons