Cheshire East Council Management reviews

Corription and cover ups as per news articles
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire5 October 2019
Dishonest lados and data controllers. Attempts to cover up misconduct of designated officers.

Withholding information that proves their misconduct and inequity
Middle management is poor.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Prefer not to say24 September 2019
The office team can be made or ruined by weak manager who shows her incompetence. She has favourites in the team. Work level.is stressfull.

Little scope for promotion in administrative roles. Could be a better job with better middle management.
Ok to work for
Administration Assistant/Archiving (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire19 February 2019
Just there archiving old medical records. Management ok but left to own devices most of the time. Colleagues good to work with and learned more from them than the company.
Pros
Able to work at own pace
Cons
Left to own devices most the time
Fun place to work
Waste and recycling operative (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield8 February 2017
Working for Cheshire east on waste management and recycling gives you the benefits of meeting the public everyday and working outside in all weathers plenty of opportunities to progress in the company plus to achieve nvq s in waste management
Pros
Early finishes once days tasks are completed
Cons
Working out in all weathers plus all bank holidays
Good teaching passion with fantastic teachers, but with poor management and finance.
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  Crewe6 June 2016

Good friendly support from staff who become more of a family.
Due to poor funding, there are many restrictions such as an adequate building, which was due to change. The school was in special measures but has since improved due to funding and more support from the council.
Pros
Good satisfaction from seeing change in students
Cons
Lack of support from management
Productive and busy place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield29 May 2016
A typical day at work is very busy. I learnt a lot about the planning application process and methods of insuring that new developments adhere to national and local legislation. The manager was very friendly and supportive. My co-workers were very helpful in teaching me new things particularly with the planning application management software. The hardest part of the job was dealing with wrong information received in planning applications. The most enjoyable part was seeing an application through to the end and giving a valid decision after having consulted all the right people.
Hard work, sometimes rewarding
Unit Co-Ordinator - CIN/CP (Former Employee) –  Crewe, ENG2 November 2014
It was tough to deal with some cases, but having dealt with worse in the past, it was easy to do.

Not very good having to lie to people contacting us, as the management didn't want to hear from certain clients.

Training was ok at the start, but soon fell into the hands of someone with no training knowledge.
Pros
Walking distance to work. Most people were nice
Cons
Management poor, training poor.
Challenging and demanding
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Crewe9 July 2014
My role changes frequently and currently a large part includes managing the helpdesk for the authority's Facilites Management Service. It is very demanding and quite diverse, which makes it very interesting. Each day brings new learning experiences about how we operate and ways in which we can improve the quality of our service, for example giving access to some of our information to our customers so they can 'self serve' which creates capacity within the team and customer's requirements are met.
The hardest part of the job is managing conflicting demands which start almost before I enter the office and don't stop all day.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of helping people to deliver the front line services to the community in a safe and well maintained environment.
Pros
flexible working patterns
Cons
uncertain future
Great staff on the front line but poor management
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlewich, ENG31 March 2014
The high level manager are out of touch with their front line staff.
Fantastic 3rd year placement opportunity
Student Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Crewe23 February 2014
The Children in Need/Child Protection Team, offer a social work service to families where children are deemed to be 'in need' as defined by Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 or Children at risk of significant harm as defined by Section 47 of the Children Act 1989. Social workers within the team also work predominantly with children whose names are on the child protection plans under Section 47. The Social workers role within the team is to assess family needs and draw up a family support package with parents to enable children to be safely and effectively cared for within their families. This support package will consist of multi-agencies and multi-professionals working together and sharing information, to enable the best possible out for the child and their family. The Child protection team operates on a 5 weekly rota basis between all social work staff. Once every 5 weeks each pod within the department will be allocated incoming referrals. During this week social workers are also allocated new cases that come through to the team via Checs and Section 47 referrals. The team has an excellent support management team and regular supervision is guaranteed. The most enjoyable aspect of the role is evidencing the voice of the child within the core assessments, through 1-1 work directly with children.
I enjoyed my work at Cheshire East Council
Mini Sweeper Driver (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield17 January 2014
I worked from 6am-2pm for 5 days a week, driving a mini sweeper around Macclesfield.

I learned to be competent working on my own, and took pride in my job working on an expensive piece of machinery.

The management were easy to get on with and always ready to praise you for good work.

My co-workers were a good, honest group of people and I enjoyed working with them.

The hardest part of the job was in Autumn/Winter when we were very busy sweeping leaves.

I enjoyed every part of my job as I felt I was making a difference to the community where I was working, tidying the areas up.