Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Amazing place to work in
Excellent team work - live up to PROUD values
Polite positive

Respect

Outstanding

Unity

Diversity development dedicated

Great progression and career movement- courses and clean environment
Good workplace
I had a great relationship with my managers. Some people were not very driven but I enjoyed working with those who were. It was fulfilling and interesting and made me want to go to university because of how enriching the aca
Great place to work great management!!!!!!! Clean environment flexible shifts patterns supportive staff
Great management!!!!!!!

Clean environment

Flexible shifts patterns

Supportive staff

Assist with further educational studies

Assist with travel loan
Fast Pace diverse Working Environment
My role in the 5 years at ChelWest was an extremely diverse, with many challenges, enjoyable but demanding role, of which I thoroughly enjoyed, and would recommend this Trust to any-one looking to work in the NHS.
Employed as a temp but with a promised to become full time and was told to leave on 24th month with excuse that contract has ended.
Fair place to work. It can be stressful and the full time staff does not feel comfortable working with people from Agency. This can cause confusion and the full time can wear the uniform and feel part of the company while agency workers are treated like outsiders.
Pros
Food is available to but at the restaurant.
Cons
No free lunches
Good
Good place to work. Can be stressful and a demanding work load at times.
Fair amount of annual leave allocated

Good management in some areas, good team morale at times
good team ethic
good boss, good team mates, good governance.
Varied work no 2 days the same, plenty of opportunity for remote working and to work autonomously. Learned loads of new skills
Rewarding Experience as Chaplain
The patienc and staff care was a very rewarding job and I was able to impact many people from all over the world with my care of loved ones. This was a high stressed job at times that required attention to detail and the ability to respond very quickly. It also involved teaching and training.
Productive and Educational
A typical day at work would be fast paced and demanding, however the teams of staff around were very supportive and were always on hand to help out to ensure that the Trust provided the best quality of care to the patients. I learned a lot here. I developed my communication skills and my ability to work effectively in a team, in addition to this I was also able to practice working quickly and efficiently. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients, however, the experiences I had with patients being difficult were over shadowed by the patients who would compliment your work or even go as far as to give you gifts as a 'thank you' for the treatment in the hospital.
productive
working in the trust helped boost my communication skills as a I am constantly in contact with patients, I enjoyed the range of activities I had to complete and that the tasks were not always the same
Excellent job opportunity
Good place, easy access, pleasant hospital , good organisation
Goog place to work
Good place to work and job culture. Nice people, good study support. During my Volunteer Work Experience at NHS I had opportunity to learn how finance sector works.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Great Place
I was on work experience at Chelsea and Westminster in 2016 and was quite nervous for it, however, all the staff were really friendly and helpful. They answered any questions I had and were happy to let me shadow them.
Good working enviroment
I worked there as health care assistant in different ward as a team with other health worker for some years without having problem with any co- worker till I left there joining another NHS trust hospital.
Good
Learning and Development Planned
Putting Patient First

Supportive to patient and Staff

Respectful, Compassionate Care

Commited to Development of Skills
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Staff shortage
productive
good and supportive working colleagues. opportunity for career advancement. lots of training opportunities. opportunity to work in different teams and shadow other colleagues as part of learning and development strategy.
great place to work but challenging as any NHS Hospital
The hardest challenge is supporting a 24/7 service to ensure patient care is at its best. However, the leadership is great and the Executive are very passionate about providing good care.
Pros
HR based in great location
Cons
I found it difficult to manage worklife balance.
Good working environment with professional people.
A good relationship between staff and patient was always paramount.
Confidentiality and discretion was learnt as part of the office procedure, so that all the requirements could be met. With this I learnt to be attentive to the requests and needs of the customer.
Some amazing staff with a few clouds
There is great learning opportunities and there are members of staff that truly make you feel a valued part of the team. The care these members of staff give their patient's is truly inspiring.
Unfortunately there are a couple of ward managers who have a reputation of being a nightmare to work with and despite complaints nothing seems to be done about the matter.
Pros
Great learning opportunities and working with a supportive team
Cons
Those people that are like clouds - when they aren't around it's a joy to work there
a very busy job
to many long hours not enough gaps in between shifts which makes it hard to balance family life which can be frustrating at times. good salary though which is ok
Pros
long breaks
A good place to work
It is a high paced acute hospital but a good working environment. With an excellent workplace with dedicated staff. Despite how brief my work was there it is a good place to be.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2