Chd Living

Chd Living Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
in the 5 years working here I loved my job and loved people who I met working with on daily basis , lovely to see clients improving through rehabilitation and moving on to new places.

I thank the Senior Management for their encouragement to learn new skills generous support in the time I was working there . I loved to be able to return one day .
Pros
hours good
Cons
staff car parking non-existent
Management at CHD Living are responsive and inclusive. I feel looked after and listened to and have been given opportunities to progress and develop. The team are good fun and everyone helps each other. The day goes really quickly and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
free parking, Simply Health
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for CHD Living. I feel valued as an employee and I have learnt so many new skills making my role very satisfying. The team I have worked with have been incredible - welcoming, encouraging, friendly and approachable, making everyday enjoyable. My manager has made my time at CHD Living incomparable to other roles I have had in the past by providing support and aid as well as recognising successes and working together in a constructive way to address possible improvements. 10/10 recommend.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
nothing
Worked here for a year, was treated like dirt after bending over backwards for them. If you don’t do what they say then they don’t give you any hours.
The clients in the home were lovely and the care side was great, however some of the management were vile. The home manager is nice but the supervisors were horrid, no social skills, didn’t do any care work, spent the day chatting and having cigarette breaks. Laughed at when reporting a safeguarding issue, loads of bullying between staff and nothing done about it. Would recommend staying well away from here
I have been with CHDLIVING for the past 5 years and I'm loving every day.
Owners of the company are still involved, they really care for their staff and happy to support whenever the needs arise.
Days are usually quite busy. If you don't have experience from previous places, you won't learn a lot. if you are really good and try the best of you, don't expect to be noticed. You have to have connections. Residents and their family can see your good work but not the bosses/management.
Very hard job, not rewarded, very bad and autist manager hwo doesn't care for employees or even clients, no respect for anything, very bad accomodation, old and dirty..You cannot talk to anyone in the company if you have a problem, you are treated like a slave.
Pros
I can't find pros
Cons
everithing...stay faraway
Full of promises, none delivered, poor management communication skills. If you want to feel like a number this is the place fir you. If you want to feel like a valued member of staff where your contribution matters...look elsewhere!
Stressful environment, poor management skills low culture. The hardest part of the job after 12-hour shift to leave residents still not prepared for bed.
Cons
Office staff were good back in the day but awful now. Young rude and ignorant! Not run well at all! To much work shoved on you! No paid breaks. Sent here there and everywhere.
Good wage but obviously making up for the rubbish service!
Pros
Money
Cons
Spoke to like rubbish, don’t do as they want then less hours. Rushing everywhere. No travel time
stressful day work.
to be patient and be tolerant.

fantastic management

work culture is perfect and interesting .

the hardest part of the job is stress.

the joy there is that you have the opportunity to contribute to others life making it comfortable as much as possible.
Pros
timely payment of wages
Cons
no free lunch and an hour deductions on staff pay for break.
I have learned Safety at work, team work, new knowledge.
The management was very reasonable and helpful.

The co-workers friendly and good team.

The hardest part was I think working Friday- Sunday 12h shifts, time to time short of staff. The most enjoyable part was seeing happy residents and relatives after my part of job was done.

The typical day at work would be cleaning all common areas and residents room, taking care of laundry and when needed help in the kitchen.
Pros
4 days off/ chance for overtime/5weeks of holiday
Cons
long hours over 3days