Chase

Chase Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
I enjoyed each day at work.
I was able to learn many skills especially to do with the entire business lending and more so trade finance.

The management was good from the top to line managers.

My hardest part of the job was on convincing unwilling clients to join my bank if they had their own perceived fears.

I enjoyed mostly when clients I served were satisfied and happy.
Pros
An outgoing and supportive management team
Cons
Promotions not based on merits but on whom you knew or who brought you
learnt a lot of new things during my time at chase and people there were very welcoming and made you feel at ease. It was a great experience and skills I gained from there I will use for the rest of my life.
Supporting and working directly with foreign exchange traders where every day would be different.
Work hard and play hard culture.

Management were part of the trading team.

Hardest part of the job was ending the day with a positive profit and loss figure.

Being my first experience on a trading floor I developed good communication skills with staff and all external clients.
Pros
Regular team bonding events, free lunches.
Cons
Long Hours
To conduct secretarial and administration duties within the team and PA duties.

Working with team management to run and organise diaries.

Friendly team environment highly motivated to achieve results.

When the team failed to secure new deals for safe security agreements

Team satisfaction when new clients came on-board agreeing to new safe security service agreements
I was only temping her for a very short period so I don't feel I can provide a very good review. It seemed a very nice place to work and the full time permanent salary probably was very reasonable.
Pros
nice professional environment
Cons
has a lot of temp staff
Taking phone calls from company pension members who are being offered the option to sacrifice inflationary increases for a one off immediate uplift in there existing pension.

Ability to simplify and advise a member whether it was in their best interests to accept or decline the offer based on a regulated methodical questioning approach.

Good job satisfaction as all customers welcomed an empathetic voice.
A generous company but they want their pound of flesh. Work culture is very London-like. Good canteens and tennis courts on-site. Job security is an issue.
A quiet but busy office, very pressured team with many different characters.
A variety of tasks to be completed and different times of the day, deadlines to be met.
Pros
close to home
Cons
a few
Very long hours, soul destroying, mind-numbing work. I'm a contractor, on what at the start, seemed like a good daily rate. After tax though, I'm actually earning less per hour than in my previous job, where I was working 10 hours a week less.

The corporate culture is full of (expletive deleted) and the bureaucracy is unbelievable. The IT system I use for work is appallingly inefficient, frequently logging you out when you are half way through processing something. Their intranet features a load of nonsense almost everyday, and in the short time I've been there, I've had to do about ten different mandatory computer based training courses. The material for each one is on average about 60 pages long, takes about half a day to read, followed by about 10 simple questions. Of course they still expect you to do your daily work around all of that.

I'm already looking for another job outside of JPM, as I would be happier working for less money, but in a nicer place. The day I am able to leave cannot come too soon.

Summary - JPM is fine if you are young and malleable, but the longer you stay, the more jaded you will become.
Pros
What?
Cons
How long have you got ? Long hours, company ethos and culture, red tape....
One of the best places I have worked in, really aims to have a work/life balance. Would highly recommend to kick off career.
I've enjoyed working at JP Morgan and would recommend working at this company.
Great place to work, learnt FX processing, settlement and product management
Pros
Experience
Cons
good working environment. Clear career path. Flexible hours.
teamwork and active social activities with co-workers
Pros
excellent onsite facilities
Cons
pressure deadlines