Charlton Athletic Community Trust

Charlton Athletic Community Trust Employee Reviews

Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kent9 September 2019
Long hours and low pay. The shifts are really long meaning you're effectively working 16 hour days, and the pay doesn't reflect this. The job is demanding and stressful.
N/a
Sports lead/head coach (Current Employee) –  Charlton Athletic FC14 October 2018
Challenging, expect the unexpected.

The job role requires me to be upbeat and to use a variety of coaching and teaching strategies, best suited to the students and there environment. In order to get the best out of the students in regards to there learning and development in PE & Sport.
Coaching Football
Coach (Former Employee) –  Kent10 October 2018
This was a 2 week work experience from college,
Where with 4 college friends we assisted in coaching football.
I thoroughly enjoyed this role as it fitted in with my interest of
sport.
The first week we assisted the coach going to various schools
around Kent, training football to 7 to 13 yr old children.
The second week was a football training camp to children to 4 to 15 years old. In this we would organise football sessions, games and fun side games like first one to hit the cross bar.
I was a great 2 weeks, we had lots of fun and gained experience
with working with children
Pros
Coaching training, and great fun
Cons
Some children were difficult to handle
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer disability coach (Former Employee) –  New Eltham, Greater London20 August 2018
I had a fantastic time during my work experience with the Charlton Athletic Community Trust. I spent many days visiting different schools (most of which special educational needs schools) and assisting some football coaches in running football sessions for some students there. I found the whole the whole experience fun, refreshing and rewarding.
Valuable life skills
Volunteer sports coach (Current Employee) –  London9 August 2017
Volunteer work, hence one star for salary/benefits; working with children and adults with Down's Syndrome in a managed environment; invaluable experience from working with people of various disabilities alongside qualified staff.
Exciting and fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London1 July 2017
- excellent communication between staff members
- no one day is the same
- fun and exciting environment
- good, well presented sports sessions are delivered
fun work placement
Football Coach (Current Employee) –  South East London9 November 2016
at Charlton Athletic community trust there is so many different pathways you can go into and so much experience you can gain from them. I have been there for almost 4 years and I have gained so much knowledge about sport and different techniques of coaching and teaching.
Pros
Your work hours are broken into sections throughout the day.
Cons
You get different abilities in 1 session and have to create a session that works for everyone.
Cact
Manager (Current Employee) –  London30 September 2016
Varied working hours, dependant on the role and programme. Education sector would be very intense and demanding, however the rewards could be very satisfying, particularly through the achievements of young people.

I learnt how to develop my own knowledge around teaching and the quality of teaching and how it can have a positive impact on the lives of young people.

Management of staff was a integral part of my role and this required an element resilience and empathy, particularly when dealing with personal staffing issues. Being able to manage and lead at the same time proved to be challenging and at times.

I enjoyed being a role model for those young people who had no positive influences in their life.
Pros
Affiliate with a club
Cons
Lack of security, poor communication
fun place to work within the community!,
football coaching (Former Employee) –  Charlton28 August 2016
Had a great couple of years with Charlton they help to get me my FA LEVEL 1 and helped me to become a smoking advisor also put me through a BTEC SPORT program. Lots of different paths to take with Charlton community trust
Cons
Not enough hours
charlton is a friendly environment to be in
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlton8 November 2015
my typical day at work is mostly consisting of going out coaching,looking for apprenticeships on the internet that will find my a choice or career path in life.
Fun and great communication
Student (Former Employee) –  Wales1 September 2014
I am glad I took the opportunity to take part in activities with Charlton athletic community trust as when I was there I felt comfortable with the people around me and got along with everyone which greatly improved my confidence and communication when taking part in team activities.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Tunbridge Wells Co-coordinator (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells, ENG11 February 2014
* working at different schools with children of different ages.

* different activates; helping with class work, practical sports lessons

Whilst working I needed to make sure that I was professional when working with others adults and with the children, I also needed to make sure I was dressed appropriately so that I was comfortable when in the class room and when overseeing practical work, at the same time I needed to make sure that I looked smart. I showed that I was confident when talking to the children and demonstrating tasks that they needed to complete.
Interesting and Enjoyable
Volunteer - Learning Support Assistant/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Woolwich15 March 2013
I liked being a volunteer at CACT. I got to meet people and pupils and got an insight of their different backgrounds/cultures.

I also gained experience working with children, of an older age range and found it to be interesting and enjoyable.

I got on well with staff members and pupils and learnt new things everyday.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
staff - need more staff for the growing number of children