Charlie Bigham's
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Charlie Bigham's Employee Reviews

United Kingdom38 reviews
There is so much more room for improvement in this place by far, there is a massive lack of training and communication in this place! Management need to look actually step back and see the issues as they don’t know what there doing from all levels, there was one manager who actually seemed to know what he was doing but left and no wonder why what a shambles
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Hectic
This place was a shambles.
Nobody speaks clear English. the training is garbage. a lot of toxic colleges and just a really bad place to work. Stay away.
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Working there
How to start?The black sheep in there come as a"GINGER".The "PIN HEAD" told us in the meeting about the corona virus we should keep the 2
meters apart.got downgrade because i did not keep my training when i have to be close to people 20 inches to have training

Did not make sense to me.

Felt very bad in there.I left the job in there because i was feeling descriminited.Horrible place to work for

But the good news are if you are a licker,yesman,or a puppy this is the right place for you i have seen people become SHIFT MANEGERS in one day without any qualifications thats why its so many accidents in there.

Most managers dont have any qualifications what its very bad for a company selling premium products like the PIN HEAD said

Childish place no union just migrants workers being slaves
Cons
you have to pay for your lunch BUT take 15 mnts to go up and down
They treat workers like dogs n the management is not well organised
I recommend not to apply in Charlie Bigham,

There are so many food companies but this 👎
Most reviews giving poor feedback are from when the site had just opened and everything was chaos. Lots more staff sticking around now, bonuses being achieved more often than not, and management listening to operatives more. It's not perfect but it's getting better
Pros
Bonus, cheap meals, team nights out, good people
Cons
Too many So-called people in charge to really people who can’t speak a word of bloody English even in the Metro set a English test if the management in the workforce as good as the product it be a brilliant place to work but sadly it’s not the case
Pros
Free fridge
Cons
Bad management
This is about the best Company to work for. There is a great opportunity for one to Learn, Grow, and Develop a career. I joined the company from a teaching background as an Operative. I thought I will just be there for a few months and go back to Teaching. Behold, I got stuck in a nice way. Nice and helpful Team mates, enough training and best practices. I stayed for 10 solid years moving up the scale from Base Operative, Assistant Team Leader, Team Leader, Assistant Manager and Team Manager Positions. A lot was learnt. Since Leaving Charlie Bighams less than 2 years ago, I have had 2 other jobs and none of them compares with Bighams. And the good thing is that once you tell prospective employers you worked in Charlie Bighams, they pay more attention to you. The name "Charlie Bighams" is more of opportunities door opener. I would not know how staff are being treated in their new Factory in Wells, but we were well looked after in London. My wife still remembers the yearly family Summer Parties.
I will definitely recommend that place as a place fit for working and will gladly go back there at certain stage of my career if what matches my ambition comes up.
You can see this disorder everywhere, assembly section is good, culture of work and people are nice, but packing and managment section dont know what happen in company, they have so nice canteen, you can eat really good dinner for nice price.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Disorder
I enjoy to work there but the only problem there is the menerger never don't listen and every time don't pay normal money, every month they stop for my payment money and after the make repayments I pay again tax what is not fair
Cons
Long hours less money
People in the offices get treated like kings and queens weekends off and bank holidays off whilst the kitchen staff get treated like slaves and get spoken to like dogs. Office staff get massive 4 figure bonuses whilst the people downstairs who do all the hard work get littery nothing. Useless teamleaders who dont have a clue and will always blame someone else if things go wrong. Always moving the goal posts and lack of communication between management.
Charlie please read this review.
Pros
Free food now and again
Cons
Bad managers
Worked in production under a fantastic management team friendly faces whenever you walk in the door making a fantastic product. I think there is lots of room for growth
OMG.... Really if it were my good name.. Mr Charlie Bigham.. I would look at your support team and get rid of most of them as they are lazy and incompetent. 300 plus staff turn over in less than a year.. speaks for it's self. there is a major problem. if youvare in with the click and enjoy standing in the canteen looking down on the hard workers making rude remarks.. then hey its great... management total lacking, states its not a blame culture. . witch hunt definitely. people person can't keep things in confidence , manager's don't manage . no constancy, one rule of one and another rule another depending on who you are. speak up and point out failures and you are out the door... fall out of Grace and you are out the door.. have an opinions you are out the door.....
Pros
ran as fast as you can in the opposite direction
Cons
every thing there us more to life than subsist lunches
Great and dynamic place of work. Offers opportunity for personal development. Enjoyed taste panels whilst working there. Food made on a daily basis was of exceptional quality.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Operations manager is rude and acts very cocky. Shame because production manager seems a right guy.
I would not recommend to anyone to apply here as made to feel not good but all have to start somewhere.
Great place to work with lot of opportunities around. People and management are very friendly and helpful. Excellent food in staff canteen and benefits for the employees.
Pros
Subsidised cafe, free take home meals, development
Cons
Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to..... take care of your employees and they will take care of your business “just say how it is” or “simple as it is” best advice given for this FACTORY the reason for me writing this review is because it gets monitored by management and Charlie bigham himself and management are offended by the fact the truth comes out on here any normal run company would have seen these reviews and done something about it instead of complaining about the bad reviews. When Charlie himself comes to the FACTORY management tell him everything he wants to hear I personally think that they need to look at themselves to why they don’t meet there goals they want to achieve. You are never treated fairly if your face fits then you are safe but if it does not you won’t get know where here we get treated like little children at nursery with a little passport (stamp/sticker book) for being a good little boy/girl which are rearly given out only if you are a favourite and teams are taken out for a night out for a excuse for management to get drunk. It is frowned apon if you call this place a FACTORY and not a kitchen management do sit on there behinds don’t help they only do something when it goes wrong and that’s when you see them even though it’s there fault for not putting training plans for people so it’s like being at school they expect high standards and no mistakes we are human mistakes are made no matter what happens you will not always get it right things go wrong that’s life but they don’t seem to understand - more...
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Its a new business and it was a bit chaotic but its getting better. More managers in place, who listen to people more.
Training is getting better too.

My team is great and people are staying longer so we get to know each other more.
Pros
Great team. Cafe & Free Food
I worked in several food manufacturing plants and this was the worst.
Overloaded with very cliquey middle managers who require operatives to undertake tasks they would not be able not accomplish themselves.

I was fired for not reporting in sick immediately, |I was in A&E very ill, tried to phone in sick asap, but they are ex directory and have no staff contact phone number on there web site.

They go to great lengths to convince new employee they are a great place to work but I, along with others, have a different impression
Pros
free meals
Cons
bullying
Just don't do it. Horrible place to work.. everyone is expected to stay over basically every day even though in the interview they tell you 8 hours 45 minutes and you go home. Once did i go home on time. Everyone is treated badly and management have no idea what their doing. The language barrier is so bad that most people can't actually communicate. Never have i worked in such a poorly run company. I would advise everyone to avoid this place unless you absoloutely have to.
Pros
Cons
Expected to work over every day, poor communication, bad management
No respect for the staff. Hours and days off changed without any warning or checking with the staff. (Definitely annoying when you’re trying to balance your life with work) management seems very lost and doesn’t take any of the problems seriously. Some problems take months to resolve sometimes even that doesn’t happen. People leave a lot from being over worked. Women are expected to lift heavy ingredients, some 20/25kg (not everyone can manage such weights. A lot of times there isn’t enough tools you need to do your job. For which you will still be the one blamed . More work than the people to do it. You also get chucked in without any training (because everyone is so busy) and are expected by line leaders to be able to do your job if not they will get assy. Also problem with communication due to lack of people who speak English. People in charge and the favourites get special treatment. Not a job for you if you care about your mental and physical wellbeing .
I would advise anyone to think twice about this company all the reviews are true on here although they have now done away with banking hours.
They will not treat you with respect or show any loyalty towards its staff no matter how long you have worked there.

All that matters to this company is reaching a specific target with very little thought about its employees,just the end goal.

There is also a very big language barrier and definitely no bonus. There is however a reward system where you earn stickers for good behaviour that you put in a book and get a reward............

If you should decide to work there I wish you lots of luck
Cons
Very poorly run