Charles Hurst Employee Reviews

Best company i have worked for
Accounts (Current Employee) –  Belfast13 July 2019
Have worked here for a few months and can't deny its the best place I have worked in my career. If you like a job that keeps you busy this is definitely the place. all staff are fantastic to work alongside and there is a great atmosphere created. If you enjoy working hard in a brilliant environment where everyone makes you feel welcome then this is the place for you. From time to time you do have to work a bit late but you do expect that in any job and it's not that often
Pros
Brilliant training, feel welcomed, great atmosphere
Favourite job to date
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim10 April 2019
Feel really well looked after in the company. Very understanding management & surrounded by great people every day. Continuous training through lookers helps me stay focused & take pride in my job.
Pros
Feels like a family & closed Sundays
Cons
Working late nights
Happy camper
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Newtownabbey10 April 2019
Would really recommend working in sales at Charles hurst, find them flexible and forward thinking, the hours can be long and the processes are strict but find management respectful and easy to work with.
Well rewarded with company car and good commission.
I find I have a good working relationship with most of the staff and really enjoy going to work. The footfall of customers and stock profile make it easy to make sales.
Good holidays(more for length of service) holiday pay, maternity pay & flexible working.
Pros
Positive working environment, treated respectfully, fun staff nights out at end of quarter
Cons
Saturday work to 3pm
work experience and other employee thoughts.
Sales Consultant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hurst14 January 2019
calm working environment with each person doing there jobs to there best abilities usually lots of paper work following up with clients about car sales and management always checking in on there team. Hardest part is trying to find the perfect car and deal for the customer but also the best part as when you do they leave happy and so do you.
Pros
Team work
great place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hurst1 November 2018
loved it, was made to feel like a member of a team and family from day one, was only there a few weeks and felt like years, loved it, if I hadn't of left and experienced new challenges I would go back but I like to keep bettering myself and moving forward
Pros
perks where the free pizza's
Cons
hard work
Backwards Senior Management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Belfast9 July 2018
Workplace culture depends on who you have a personal relationship with, there are unfortunately too many managers who don't deserve their positions and are only there due to their romantic partners being related to senior management within the company or indeed being the off spring of senior management. Selling cars has been getting harder and harder due to the seemingly new policy of selling damaged cars, I had to try and convince a customer to take a £65,000 vehicle with 4 damaged wheels and dents in at least 5 panels that management wouldn't fix, if we had've been audited by the manufacturer we would have failed.
Pros
? Nothing really..
Cons
Long hours, no thanks, always wanting more, no career advancement, no training, no career development
Management just bully boys, you’ll get on really well if your a yes man or woman.
Aftersales (Former Employee) –  Belfast27 May 2018
Think the employees are Robots , expect more and more Hours,always about getting more out of the Customer.No thanks shown from Managers at all even though targets were attained always wanted more no matter what numbers you hit, my advice stay well clear of this firm.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Work home life absolutely awful.
Established company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim28 February 2018
Good place to work, but changed a lot in recent months. Less focus on creating a positive customer experience and more focus on dragging the customers through a process.
Pros
Decent commission
Cons
Long winded processes, not always customer centred
An honest review
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast14 January 2018
The Charles hurst group will expect you to work long hours without proper renumeration, work/life balance is not on managements list of priorities,you will excel in management if you are a bully by nature
Pros
cant think of one at the moment
Cons
no work/life balance
average
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim27 September 2017
long hours, little ongoing training and poor management with few opportunities to progress within the business. however a reasonable work place and flexible
Charles hurst
Motor Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Belfast18 September 2017
Was less job security than expected
Pay wasn't the best either on off the reasons I left was down to the pay and the people I worked with all the staff changed as everyone lift due to the salary
Pros
Learnt a lot about cars and customer services
Cons
Salary
Biggest Dealer Group in Northern Ireland
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast14 September 2016
Good place to work in the motor- trade. Promotion possibilities. Can be long hours but you get out what you put in. Variety everyday
A good insight into marketing
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIR6 June 2014
Having stayed with the marketing department for a week at Charles Hurst, I had the opportunity to visit other companies that were linked to Charles Hurst in terms of Marketing, companies like The Belfast Telegraph, Cool FM and MGTV were all linked in terms of advertising in MGTVs case, promotional videos.
Pros
Valuable insight into marketing, Very friendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Hurst. Our community is ready to answer.

Charles Hurst Reviews by Location