Chanel Employee Reviews

Luxurious and premier company to work for
Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Team work essential when customers enquired about Chanel products. Make up sessions booked and arranged accordingly. Staff rotas adhered too. Record of sales for each member of staff. All in all a great company to work for and lovely staff within Debenhams.
Pros
Chanel products
sale skill
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London19 March 2018
Helping the customer to choose the right products which suits them best, in the same time to show how the effective the product. Also I am really good at link sale, able to sale multiple products for a single customer. I love to help the customer to experience different styles of make up that is suitable for them. I can select right color foundation to the clients, helping them to create a new fresh look this way they will be persuaded to purchase the product. Also my Monthly sale figure is always above my standard target.
Pros
Great company to work for
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth25 January 2018
I have worked for Chanel as a Christmas temp for the past 2 years. I really enjoyed working with Chanel. I liked working with Chanel products and the clients were always a pleasure to work with. The only negative I would say is the management and also working in a beauty department with lots of girls can get very school-like. Apart from that, I would love to work for Chanel again.
Pros
Products and clients
Cons
management, long hours, work place
Productive and interesting workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City16 March 2017
A typical day at work including serving customers, making recommendations about fragrances and explaining different fragrances to customers. I learned a lot about the different types of fragrances on the Chanel market and how to describe the different tones to each fragrance.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
good company to work for
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2017
Overall a good company to work for, interesting heritage.
Good training provided, products are amazing.
I would recommend working for the company, its a great company to work for.
vibrant place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford City Centre, Essex3 January 2017
even though i was only a Christmas temp at Chanel, it was so much fun and the girls that work there are so lovely and always happy to help, management were fantastic and so lovely couldn't have ask for a better work experience.
Pros
fun place to work
Très satisfaisant
Vendeur conseil (Former Employee) –  London27 December 2016
Jai été très satisfait de mon expérience professionnelle chez Chanel London
Fun place to work
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Greater London13 December 2016
The shop is busy most of the time
Lovely colleagues on the shop floor
When it's busy that is the most enjoyable part of the job
standing long hours...
Pros
discounts
Cons
standing long hours
Productive and fast paced work place
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge13 September 2016
First thing i do is a stock fill up for my 5 counters to ensure all the members of staff have all the stock they need to be able to help the customers.

I have learned many new products as i have never worked with fragrance and beauty products before.

I have a good working relationships with all my managers as they can relay on me and allow me to complete my tasks in trust.

I have a good relationship with my co-workers and have constant communication to make all our jobs easier.

The hardest part of my job is remembering all the different products as the names are mainly in french.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with all the different people that come to Harrods on a daily basis. I like working in such a fast paced environment.
Pros
Allocation on products
Cons
Some weekends
Fantastic
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gloucester7 June 2016
An overall great company to work for however I am looking to be challenged further in my next career choice.

I am currently looking to change industry's.
Great Enviroment
Customer service and selling (Current Employee) –  London20 April 2016
The day can be unexpected, you never know what type of client you will have walk in. I never allow a client to walk away without a smile, giving the best customer service is what I enjoy throughout the day.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Working Weekends
Fun and Fast Pace Environment
Senior Sales Advisor and Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, ENG18 November 2015
Working at Chanel was exiting and fast paced. However, it was too intense in the sense that the co workers were all really rude and I did not understand their work ethic.
Busy and productive environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Harrods, London3 May 2015
As Team Leader, my responsibilities continue to grow and I have learnt to work under pressure while remaining calm and focused on the ultimate Client Service. I have already shown these skills in the past when I was available and committed to the business anytime when needed such as covering sickness, working double shifts, dealing with complaints and stepping up in any difficult situations as an when they occur. Usually I set up the daily tasks for each counter in the morning then in the daytime ongoing tracking the results, the figures as well as the team responsibilities. I also provide on a couple of occasions a general administrative support for the Account Management team with the ‘End of Month’ and the ‘End of Week’ Figures however my main daily responsibilities are to finish and track daily sales to target results every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oxford Street, ENG7 January 2015
Great place to work although it gets so busy especially during the xmas period. The people working there I work with are great and its quite fun working there.
Pros
Interesting and productve
Cons
Very long hours
Make-Up Specialist (Current Employee) –  London21 October 2014
Client service and selling, providing outstanding service by identifying client needs as well as applying expert makeovers
Continuously drive optimum levels of activity in store
Technical skills and administration, assist with continuous monitoring of business as well as appropriate analysis of results, to recognise areas of growth and opportunity, to build and impact business overall
Reporting low stock levels to counter manager in order to maintain healthy stock holding
Always up selling to existing clients
Maintain healthy relationships with clients by putting them on our CRM database
Achieving weekly and monthly performance targets
Appropriate and effective liaison with Regional development manager, head office as well as colleges and store personnel
Being confident to present and deliver one on one consultations, also re booking clients to build strong relationships
Demonstration enthusiasm for selling, flair for the products and excitement to provide client satisfaction
Organizing successful in store events
Great company
Team Member Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG Harrods12 September 2014
A great company to work for. Outstanding training sessions. Beautiful products. Great team to work with and management were approachable and friendly. Very strict on standards but that's not really a bad thing. A company that most past employees would return to. Proud to own my Chanel broaches.
Pros
Lovely products, fun training, good team to work with and good company to work for.
Cons
Harrods is very strict. Also this job is shift work.
Chanel
Marketing Department Internship (Former Employee) –  Internship19 August 2014
I was required to take on the role of Assistant Marketing Manager for the entire duration of my internship due to staff changes within the business. I was responsible for managing the CRM database, and overseeing the supplier invoice and payment process. I liaised with stores on sample requests and supervised the store visual merchandising of beauty and fragrance products. I helped prepare and present briefs designed to target external retail buyers on new Chanel collections, and was solely responsible for various other research presentations, including price comparisons between Mexico and France, and Chanel competitor research. I presented all research projects to the marketing and communications team alone. I took part in the organization and management of store product promotion events, and managed the related social media and online marketing. I was also involved in the planning of a Mexico City pop-up store.
Pros
great experience
Cons
Glamorous and fun to work.
Temporary Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT30 January 2014
I loved work at Chanel, I have learned so much about beauty make up and sink care, that I now find very useful on my day to day life,
I have also learned how to speak to the clients properly and deliver a excellent high standard customer service.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
high heels all the time.
very stressful but good progression
consultant (Former Employee) –  united kingdom12 December 2013
The good points -
Busy most of the time
good progression and opportunities
Incredible training
Amazing products
Customers

The bad points -
Very stressful and management encourage a stressful environment
Lowest salary in all companies
Never focus on good points, negatives on all performance highlighted
Very little support for team
Team members are encouraged to push against each other
uniform is cheap and tacky
Pros
as above
Cons
as above
Productive, interesting and wealthy.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 September 2013
- work in team
- face to different culture
- face to different management
- deal with the diversity of clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chanel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3