Chancellors Estate Agents

Chancellors Estate Agents Employee Reviews

loved my job and my team, sad to have been made redundant. Was planning on progressing, but due to COVID-19 my employment was terminated very suddenly
Pros
loved my team
Cons
got made redundant
This company goes though staff at a rate of nots,Targets are un realistic and measured against larger and better positioned offices.You do get a good guaranteed salary but have to pay for all fuel and car running costs approx 3k per year and you will never earn our the basic as you pay back any down fall from previous months.Training poor You are measured on call number from the same data each day,if you don't call 50 people min you will get reprimanded.Some times you are calling the same people every week who hang up or complain.You are targeted at getting a price reduction on properties 4 weeks after listing the property and also targeted at the longest contracts possible min 26 weeks.the company are more focused at taking money than client care.They say they care but they don't.
Pros
Good basic or guaranteed salary
Cons
Dont pay fuel or any personal car allowance
Majority of staff are nice however certain managers didn’t have very good leadership skills and were rude. The pay was average however did have some good benefits.
They take advantage of you at any point they can. Management is awful. My manager stole and colleagues stole my commission whilst I didn’t know how to use the system at first. No matter how much help I asked for I was never shown. I had beaten all of my targets and they lied and fired me by saying I didn’t meet them. Even though I did. I have actual data to prove this too.
Pros
Cons
Management, culture, staff, horrible place to work over all, liars
Constant micro management through hourly emails, no job life balance. Consistently using a bullying technique to motivate staff. The view of the directors is 'you're on the bus or you're not.' Regardless of being a high achiever you will be treated the same way. No managers last more than 6 months. The labour turnover is high, new staff members rarely make probation and are walked out on the same day. Managers do not hire or dismiss team members. That task is over seen by the directors and the regional directors only. The hardest part of the job is keeping your job between daily threats. Your job is not secure. No company sick pay until 2 years service. Constant change of commission structure to suit them. No car allowance or car supplied.
Pros
Cons
Job security
The company will promise the world and not provide. they have a commission scheme where unless you earn over 300 per month they pay nothing. Also if you do earn 300 then you will only be paid what you earn over the 300 threshold
Unachievable goals, too higher workload, stressful, out of touch ideas. Didn't fell valued or appreciated. The only save was the lovely colleagues I worked with
Heart broken I would go above and beyond in my job and I was never recognised the managers are untrustworthy and lie to you. You need to know what you are doing with this company or they take you for a ride
Pros
Nothing your treated like a mug
Cons
Everything no support just get rid of you when you need help.
Like being in the army, unrealistic targets, low basic pay, no commission for months, demotivating managers, highest staff turn over I have ever seen, every man for them self.
Pros
Training
Cons
Love working here in the start until three months later finding out about the “thresh-hold”. Stupid that u have £200 threshold every month. I was expecting so much more from selling homes lol to find out I earn about 2 -3 hundred after selling like 3 properties and then I don’t see the commission because the threshold comes into place. No real way of claiming fuel and the threshold is a was of taking back the “higher basic” that chancellors offer over other estate agents.
Chancellors have provided excellent training to allow me to learn the ropes to an exceptionally high standard. Having had no previous experience in Sales, the hardest part of the job has definitely been getting to grips with the pro activeness of the company. I have found the job very rewarding and my team have been very supportive of me.
Pros
Bonus Scheme and Trips away
Cons
Long days
Chancellors is a lovely place to work, everyone is friendly and willing to help each other out. I’ve also been very fortunate to be placed into a team of very nice people who make me feel welcome.
A typical day at work is fast paced but also enjoyable as there are so many opportunities to earn commission. I have learnt a lot from Chancellors, from branch and also training which has given me the skills I have now
Nothing in the office worked properly. Very high staff turnover due to very poor Managers who do not manage. Little or no staff training. Mileage allowance and basic pay a lot less than other Estate Agents. Commission mainly goes to manager. Staff spoken down to and taken advantage of making the workplace culture very unfriendly. I would not recommend them for selling your property as all they are interested in is commission and I found it very unprofessional the way they would speak about their own clients and properties. Chancellors need to invest in their staff and facilities as their offices look totally shoddy and run down compared to their rivals. Staff turnover high as people quickly become demotivated due to poor pay, long hours, lack of training and inadequate management. You have been warned!
I wouldn’t recommend working for chancellors to anyone at all. The management is shocking, high level of workplace bullying.. no wonder everyone leaves after a few months. You are told you will make great commission but this is a lie, regardless of how many houses you sell, Chancellors will not pay you the commission they promise. It is a horrific company to work for. I survived two years at that place, due to promises of of promotions..which never happen. Left due to mental health.
Management in the head office is shocking - totally money-driven, which does not make it a pleasant place to work. Your management will make it very clear that if you do not hit target it affects their paycheque which is a poor incentive for an employee. You are told you will make great commission but this is completely false - the commission is capped and is very low anyway. The hours are long and it is frowned upon to be out of the office for your entitled lunch our. They have no culture and it is certainly not a place that makes you feel valued - it offers absolutely no personal growth or professional growth. You are seen as a cog in a machine and working here made me miserable - if you are looking for a good working environment this is not for you.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Boring work, long hours, no progression, awful environment
not at all flexible if you have family commitments even as a one off.... Worse than being at school - no two people can leave their desk at any one time... big on clock watching even if your 1 minute late little or no praise given if your doing well Management have their favourites NOT FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN No parking - £5 per day in station car park too many people doing the same job all fighting for the £10 commission
I worked for chancellors in total for over 7 years in two roles. Excellent, fair employer with good benefits. Sick pay after 2 years and increasing holiday with loyalty.
Poor managment in the head office, heavily target driven, do not care about staff members, its all about how much money you make them if not good they your out of there. Incentives are good, rewards and uncapped commission (dont get paid much though)
So far, I have enjoyed working for Chancellors. It has been a complete career change for me, as I have come from a retail and hospitality background. I have enjoyed learning about the property market and the lettings side of things.
Pros
The potential to earn a good wage.
Cons
Fuel and car maintenance can be expensive.
I have only been working for Chancellors for a short time but it's been great, I have a great mentor/manager and my team are friendly and fun to work with, you get full training in a positive and encouraging class, the company will give you rewards for hard work, I am glad I made the choice to join Chancellors and I would encourage anyone with the Chancellors attitude to do the same.
Pros
Great team, Full training, mentor, fun job most of the time
Cons
Can be long hours, Work every other Saturday