Challenge-trg Group

Challenge-trg Group Employee Reviews

Nice way to get people onto this government funded scheme. Promise jobs with wages around the £12-£14 per hour mark for night shift work. Saying there's "plenty of work", just got to complete this "initial assessment"..Finished the assessment, passed everything. To be told I'd receive a call by "tomorrow" from the recruitment team with available positions.We all know tomorrow never comes. But I guess we done them a huge favour in completing that course with the money the government put in their back pockets. Still looking for a job though! And still waiting for that call....... LolBut thanks anyway 👍🏼
Pros
Good refresher courses.
Cons
No job prospects, no follow up call.
the managers make the job so unenjoyable, continously targeting specific people and not others for the same things which is just sheer favouritism been with them for 2 years and always tried my best to achieve the goals they set out to just be targeted during covid 19 and sticking to government guidelines in which they dont believe in
Pros
pay
Cons
everything besides pay
I worked with this company to work for Tesco distribution. Trg are good bit tesco distribution in avonmouth is bad. Hence made my experience terrible and contributed to the rating.
Very bad agency,they tell you what you suppose to do otherwise you go home They thret you if you don't come to work to do an extra shift they will let you home 2 weeks when you want a fix start time they tell you that you can leave if you don't want to
4 weeks of my life I won't get back.. Office have No people skills.. Will treat you like a school kid by texting and calling multiple times a day to make sure you are going to turn up for work.. very high turn over of drivers will expect you to do extra shifts without consultation then try to blame you for their lack of incompetence when you tell them no
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor pay bad attitudes
A normal day at Challenge can be busy and fast paced. I learned a lot about recruitment and have gained many skills. My work colleagues are fun and everyone gets along which makes everyday better. The wasnt really a 'Hard part' of the job as everyday was challenging as everyday was different.
Pros
Lots of out of work activities
Cons
They don’t make the payment on time never just keep saying we will call you back and they won’t then blame the company for timesheet not being sent. My advice is to avoid this agency!!!
Horrendous company to work for with extremly poor managment. All about profit (Lowest paying agency around) and have no care about the staff that work for them. Always issues with payment and impossible to actually get hold of anyone to sort. Constantly made promises that are never actually followed through with with excuse after excuse given. Heavilly in bed with stobarts (try to push all drivers this way at super low rates) with all other clients supplied secondry to them. Avoid at all costs.
A lot of managers have got their favourites unfair job allocation long waiting times at stores due to poor load planning too many days when you are not required
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Unfortunately unstable work
A good place to work. friendly team and loads of opportunities. i have learned a lot of thinks from them. Also they offered me loads of courses.......
Great for new drivers, but sometimes hard to get more than 8 hours a day. Great working atmosphere with no pressure from management, as long as your work is completed safely.
Hours worked suitable for me. Helpful office staff. Delivering to all parts of the UK. Start times were afternoons or evenings driving to various destinations finishing the early hours next day.
great team, investment in employees,social activities, approachble management, office based, free parking, healthy food options progression available.
During my experience with working with Trg I have gained multiple skills and have been taught so many new skills. The people are easy to talk to and always happy to help.
Management a joke tend to look after favourites not willing to help staff out if you can't do a duty you're dropped for 2 or 3 shifts and are very rude.
Job I had was good, let down by not always fixing vehicles until they broke down, very bad paying wages, not very good management team, no communication between management team ie. If you needed a day off they'd always put you on a run that you'll get stuck out on.
This job was very busy, hard paced, easy to get along with other workers and staff. We learnt to drive PPT’s, health and safety was very professional as well as communication
Professional Management know what they are talking about. I have learnt loads from just working with TRG I was offered the job during interview stages purely because I previously worked alongside the Client at another DC nearby and wanted to get first hands on Chilled goods.
really good, kept me on my toes its a fast paced, stressful environment however the rewards are great as when you hear someone down the phone with excitement when you offer then the job it makes worth doing.
Working out of Tesco distribution centre in Purfleet thurrock. Good variety of shifts available but mainly in the Afternoon. Long hours available if you can get a shift before 1300 and excellent rates of pay compared with other agencies. Management know there stuff here and helpful in most cases. Generally a good place to work.
i been working here for 3 years now. never had problem with managers or staff. sometime shift can be short if working after 1500 but they always try and look after you. trg team are good and always help you and if can get you 6 day will. very happy at trg thurrock