CH & Co Employee Reviews

good
General assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln11 March 2019
nice to work in this company specially to work with a good management team.
work place is nice they have a staff room.
enjoyable life is talking to your co worker and make your self busy.
Pros
team
Cons
more focus on your people
Glad to say goodbye
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampshire28 November 2018
I worked in a small unit I was left to do everything with very little or no support. Management wasn't there to help or didn't know the answer. On the flip side the holidays from the unit was great and so we're my customers.
Pros
Customer
Cons
Long hours so much paper work
Disappointing and frustrating - terrible HR
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 November 2018
While the people doing the actual work at this company (Kitchen Assistants, Chefs, etc) are often great, the management and HR let it down hugely.

Probably the most shambolic Human Resources and payroll I’ve ever encountered, they should be ashamed. Absolutely no professional support, and frequently incorrect payments that have to be queried several times before resolved.

As part of a smaller company that was taken over by CH & Co, the writing was on the wall from the outset - lots of layers of bureaucracy and nonsense from Head Office with no benefit to staff or customers.

I lasted a couple of years under CH & Co rule but I’m really relieved to be out of there.

If you’re considering it as a potential employee, think long and hard if this is the sort of company you want to work for.
Pros
You’ll probably get paid - eventually.
Cons
Virtually everything.
Official response from CH & Co
26 November 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative working environment for all our employees so we're naturally disappointed to hear about your experience with our central support teams.

We value and consider all feedback and I would like to invite you to contact us directly at questions@chandcogroup.com so that we're able to discuss your experience in further detail.

Alternatively, please drop us a call at 03330 141 777

We do hope to hear from you soon,

Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  London26 September 2018
it has been really nice work for CH and Co there a great people the boss are great too I have good friends there at kew gardens where I work for 8 years,
Pros
half a hour
Cons
9 hours
Horrible treatment of staff
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire26 September 2018
i had worked with the company for 2 months before them firing me due to ‘unreliability’. i have a learning difficulty which makes me susceptible to doing things differently and making mistakes. ontop of them terminating my contract (with no notice, i was made to come into work early and the sprung on me i wasn’t to return) i also was sexually harassed by the deputy manager to which nothing was done so overall do not work in the northampton branch
Cons
horrible management and discrimination
Official response from CH & Co
1 October 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative working environment for all our employees so we're disappointed to hear about your experience.

We value and consider all feedback and I would like to invite you to contact our People Team directly at PeopleDesk@chandcogroup.com so that we're able to discuss your experience in further detail.

Alternatively, please drop us a call at 03330 141 777

We hope to hear from you soon,

CH&CO People Team

Good company
Kitchen Porter/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire19 June 2018
They pay better than minimum wage even for low status roles.free staff meals.free uniform and work shoes.normal daytime hours.busy most days but manageable.
Pros
Free staff meals uniform
Cons
High staff turnover in kitchen
A good company to work for
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 May 2018
CH and Co were keen for me to devleop my skills and were keen that all it's staff were upto date with current best practice in catering through online training courses.
Food led catering company with good personal development
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire17 April 2018
Worked for this company for several years and have managed to progress my career and experience various types of site.
There is a strong focus on food & service quality that come right from the top and cascades through all employees. Many of the senior team come from chef backgrounds so they understand what we do and the challenges we face each day.

I would recommend working for CH&Co to anyone!
Pros
Personal development, above average salary, benefits package
Management pick on you
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 March 2018
If you ever had a problem and went to your manager and told them what was wrong they turn it on you. Then after that they will nick pick at anything you do so if you work for college court be careful. They will treat you with respect at first but then goes downhill.

Other than that the other staff are friendly and nice to get on with and have your back. The chefs are great too and the kitchen porters. Have fun and a relaxing environment of the managers aren't around.
Pros
Nice staff alongside you
Cons
Management misconducts
Good Place to work
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire14 February 2018
Working with a great team
Good Supportive Management structure
Training Needs were Met

Company kept up to date with all legislation,

at least twice yearly national conferences were held to invite all staff members to meet other colleagues across the country
Hidden agendas
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 October 2017
To many support managers and not enough staff, no support from area etc.Job getting more difficult by the day,with more and more paperwork-guidance not there
Pros
great staff on site
Cons
support, hours paperwork
not a fun place
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2017
no support from head office or managers...always problem with tax code...unpaid overtime ...you covering everyone ...none covers you...........if you like play hero maybe you will like it...
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no management support
fun and productive
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tower of london19 September 2017
Very busy place, lots of tourists, what puts a lot of pressure on working team. Learned a lot(how to work under pressure, deal with complaints..)Good management in general.
Busy environment
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire30 June 2017
Planning, prepping and cooking for buffets alongside running the canteen. Keeping everything clean and up to standard in regards to health and safety.
poor company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  jhi aberdeen26 May 2017
this company is an absolute joke. they never get your wages right also takes them like 5 months to sort out your tax code. Was working at JHI and they have some horrible people that work for them and they were quite rude. they never have full staff so your always covering other peoples work. There's not much support at all from the management team. there is nothing to enjoy about working with a company like this. You are also expected to clear up after meeting which the catering staff should do but its left to the cleaners because the catering staff are to lazy to do it themselves
nice and fun
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 April 2017
it is good and fun to work for ch&co company in jumeirah hotel. they offer you training for everything. the pay rate its bad but they pay you at the right time. monthly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH & Co. Our community is ready to answer.