CH & Co

CH & Co Employee Reviews

United Kingdom74 reviews
Being made to take 4 weeks unpaid leave half way through the month no notice no warning shocked no considerations for rent financial security truly bad
I didn't want this to sound like one of those bitter reviews, but it's all true!

I worked as a duty manager at a few venues in London. They don't pay expenses at all, so if you have driven into London - forget parking or petrol expenses, or public transport - they wont cover that, especially as the events usually finish late.

My last jobs were late November 2019 on weddings and that was the end of the season. So I was expecting this work to start again in March 2020, however as we all know Covid kicked in. I eventually asked about being furloughed and they said no as I last worked end of November 2019. I explained that thats the wedding season and I am on the books with them, but they weren't interested and kept replying with the same message. Even though it wouldn't have cost them anything to furlough staff, they weren't interested.

Event graduates who start are treated badly. I'm a lot older and although I believe in hard work, when you are younger in a new venue, training is essential.

Not paying staff on time as always issues with pay day,

They move pay day constantly so you don't know what day is cut off and then you have to wait 6 weeks for that payment. And then they will mess that payment up.

SO getting paid is a constant battle.

They don't pay suppliers, and suppliers contact you for payment!

There is no support at the venues from management, so if you have an issue with guests or venue issues, like plumbing or gas running out, you are expected to fix it there and then, so no pre planning or advance checks of supplies.

Very basic communication from
 - more...
Pros
Cons
too many
As manager I ensure that the staff are well looked after. If you keep the staff happy Thay will willingly Work for you when asked. We worked a roll over staff roaster.
Pros
Meal at work
Cons
Lots of office work running 2 sites. At the. Same time
A good company to work for let you get on with the job very good training program you do at your own pace
Very friendly and chance of progression within the company
This company and they way they treat staff have always been a concern of mine, however in light of COVID-19 I can confidently say they are useless on so many levels and I hope that once we come out on the other side of this they suffer for how they have treated their staff throughout this entire ordeal. the CEO is a disgrace and should be ashamed of how he has treated such a dedicated workforce!
Vast number of employees asked to take unpaid leave with no warning - some people kept on at very low % of salary and expected to work 40 hour weeks. Appalling lack of care for their employees and zero transparency throughout.
shocking management for the south west

no support

no understanding or help with mental health awareness

maybe just bad area manager but never again .....
A challenging role, but enjoyable with an overall objective of maximising cash to reduce risk to the business. Managing and developing a team to obtain maximum performance.
Not Applicable Would rather not leave a review
We rely on advertising to provide you with free content! Our third-party vendors or we use cookies to access and use information about your device to ensure the proper functioning of our website or as required for: personalization; ad selection, delivery, and reporting; content selection, delivery, and reporting; or measurement purposes. Read more about any of these purposes or vendors that we use and exercise choices by clicking ‘Preference Center’ or ‘Show Vendors.’ You can change your mind and revisit and change your choices at any time by clicking the ‘Cookie Settings’ box that is accessible from
I wouldn't recommend working for CH&Co.
No area support, No middle Management, no one cares organised chaos after quick mergers with other company's.
stressful place to work under management who had no time for their staff at any level. Expectations very high but no support given if or when needed...
Please avoid CH&CO as the management will bully you unless you're a brown nose. I was threatened by violence by my line manager in the training process as the man has zero patience & always looked to throw me under the bus. Whenever i raised grievances with the General Manager, she would automatically take my line managers side & i quote go on to say if "X says jump you say how high!" They also like to discriminate against people with disabilities such as myself & would not recommend anyone to join this company as no matter how hard you try, they will try & strip you off any credibility you believe you may have.

Typical day for a KP would involve putting away deliveries, packing away kitchen tools & Utensils.

The most enjoyable part was, certain colleagues whom are ufnortuantely in the same boat as you.
workplace was fun, challenging and exciting.
External team were great support, all coming together at times of need.

Management culture is very bizarre, no assistance in later days, just focus on bottom line- no care for offer and customers
Pros
close to home
Poor management, long hours, unpaid trainings, working 14 hours without break. Good salary only for management. The company is not fair. Don't help the personal development.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Everything else
They don't look after their stuff, they don't even know you exist... very stressful work, under stuffed... putting you pressure to do the whole job....
I'd never do that to myself ever again. Working for Ch&Co it was just a very bad call. Thank God it didn't last long, I hope it's not like this in every city.
Typical catering job, well paid but low management skills. Just typical thinking, if you work hard and you are good, they give you more work to do and you get the same money... if you are stupid and lazy and they know that, they avoid to give you extra work/responsability. Which is wrong in my opinion.
Pros
flexible program, free lunches
Cons
bad management, no recompensation
Management was awful but job experience was appreciated, good company to get into if you can get high enough but overall poor treatment of staff members from what I witnessed with in company.
I’ve been working for CH & CO for just over 1 year the location is great, the only problem I have is we do not know who is our new manager for our site.
CH&Co

Are like a good cover of a book but nothing inside. They have expanded to quick and have forgotten there staff who with good will got them into the postion to be able to expand. They have no staff values and tell new clients false information and empy promises
I had a good experience in regards to working within the CH&CO business, I took away so many brilliant relationships and gained many skills that will benefit me in the future in regards to job opportunities and building great relationships with people