CGL (Change, Grow, Live) Employee Reviews

Focused on the clients, fun and engaging
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London21 January 2019
This position was a great challenge, the staff and management are all one team and the clients come first.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team gave incite to other jobs and a view to work with experts in their field
Pros
Travel
Worst Organisation Ever
Recovery Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk10 January 2019
After being TUPE to CGL it soon became clear that they are a ruthless towards staff and take all options away from clients, massive case loads of 80+ plus and rely heavily on volunteers, not enough hrs in a day to get your word done, to much focus on group work taking that client / worker relationship away.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, high caseloads, poor senior management
Volunteer counsellor
Volunteer Counsellor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 November 2018
There is no advancement for placement counsellors and there should be. Other than that the supervisor is great and its an overall great place to work.
Dangerous incompetence
Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire23 October 2018
Dangerous practice from colleges who do not have experience or skill set for the job. Culture of drug use and bullying. supposed to be preventing drug trade not funding it. management extremely poor and have people with no experience qualifications making big decisions. approach with caution. Worst drug service provider I have ever experienced in the 15 years i have spent in the Job. Thinking of applying? Wait for Addaction to win the contracts
Pros
Operational staff
Cons
Drug use, bullying poor budget management
Fun place to work extended family
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 September 2018
excellent place to work and a fantastic group of people to work with

definitely a thumbs up

only looking elsewhere due to location otherwise would have stayed
Pros
well being hour
Cons
Parking
Suggest potential employees view the reviews of cri
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Midlands3 August 2018
This company has recently changed their name. The reviews under their previous name CRI give a more balanced view of the company. In short it's an awful company to work for if you care about your clients because they really don't
perfect
Recovery Champion (Current Employee) –  Walsall3 July 2018
perfect to work for loved my time here the company are so suuportive and the benifits are amazing, lots of training and propects on offer an amazing company
Pros
wellbeing hour
Cons
stress of the work
Fulfilling
CBT Counsellor (volunteer) (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 June 2018
This is a very good company to work for if you are interested in helping others grow, change and live a fulfilling and happier, healthier life. This a rewarding job
Pros
Support
Cons
n/a
Excellent
Trainee Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne28 April 2018
The work they do at this place is simply amazing. Anyone offered a job here i would recommend taking it. It's rewarding work carried out in a friendly environment.
Busy and productive company.
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Aldershot2 April 2018
Our usual day, again consisted of delivering medical and hi tech equipment to hospitals and data centres. My only reason for leaving as wanted to do more European trips.
Good place to work if you . ...
Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 March 2018
....Don't want a life for yourself outside work
....Don't value the client's you are supposed to be working for
....Can be robotic and not think or feel about what you are doing

This place is totally chaotic.
The don't value the recovery co-ordinators and most of the responsibilities are filtered down to them.
The amount of work is impossible to do, you never get to finish and you get blamed if you can't meet their requirements.

Most people in my team hate it here. They only work here because they feel they have to
Unachieavable targets
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 March 2018
This organisation is run with a streamlined budget. They pretend to provide a level of service that is aimed to support the client to become abstinent.
Their sole aim is to massage stats and make it appear as if they are doing great work. In fact they put undue pressure on the recovery workers to achieve unrealistic targets.
Management lack experience, if you show eagerness and are willing to jump hrough hoops and pander to managements whims. You will be able to get a lead role, regardless of any knowledge or experience.
Pros
Decent hardworking colleagues
Cons
Unrealistc caseloads and bullying culture.
Overall great
Recovery/Harm Minimisation worker (Current Employee) –  Durham27 December 2017
As a company their ethos and values are a good match for me, job security is only really an issue due to the area I work in, could be better in their treatment of payroll issues etc head office not always happy to help but at ground level a great place to be, a pro-active environment focussed on the needs of staff as well as clients.
Pros
Well being hour
Caring under resourced
Recovery coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tameside, Greater Manchester22 December 2017
Good employer excellent training programme
The work is varied interesting and very challenging
They care about their staff but the service is under resourced and daily duties involve doing other people's roles in their absence as well as your own.
Very difficult to keep on top of your work
Pros
Salart
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
A company that helps you improve professionally
Volunteer Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London10 November 2017
Overall the management was good. My supervisor was really helpful and helped me progress professionally. As a recovery worker I improved my skills on CBT interventions, by shadowing experienced key workers first and then participating in 1-2-1 key work sessions with clients.
Pros
Paid Expenses
Cons
Many hours of shadowing
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire24 October 2017
I was the face of the company when you first walk in. I learned all office skills required to run an office efficiently. I answered phones, did filing, and all other jobs associated with being a receptionist. I did this job voluntarily.
Pros
Nice environment
Excellent place to work
volunteer peer mentor (Current Employee) –  Hatfield1 October 2017
As a volunteer at cgl I am fully supported by my supervisor to best meet my needs as well as the diverse client base.
I am continually learning both practically and academically with full encouragement and advice from all team members.
The work environment is of course stressful due to the nature of the job but I cannot express enough the support that all team members afford one another.
It is an extremely friendly place to work with lots of social interaction.
The hardest part of the job is the very difficult situations that some people lives are in . However this in itself is also the best part when you see even the smallest goals achieved by the clients and the rewards to all concerned .
It is without a doubt the best team environment Ihave ever seen .
So helpful and considerate
Recovery coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 September 2017
I lost my job at Addaction in St.Helens as I did not fall into the TUPE group when CGL won the tender bid last year, but within 2 months CGL gave me the opportunity to start a new role at Warrington which within a short space of time changed as someone recognized potential and I am now working again as a recovery coordinator. The staff and management have been so supportive and helpful that the bitterness felt in March when I was made redundant has changed to joy and all because of the culture and recognition that is embedded into the CGL work ethos.
We don't always see the path that is made for us, but I can say proudly that I'm glad to be a part of a company that is without doubt the best employer I have worked for
Pros
Friendly and not a blame culture in sight
Cons
Open access is sometimes a bit too hectic
Organised and structured
Senior Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire10 September 2017
I have worked for a number of substance misuse organisations and I find CGL the most organisied and structured. the service also ensure training and empathizes on work life balance, important for this type of job.
Pros
well being hour weekly
Cons
high caseloads
Worst Company I have worked for
Substance Misuse Worker (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside5 September 2017
Poor Management, very little support offered to fulfil the role I had, procedures not followed in terms of safety and HR.
Unhealthy working environment most staff dislike their role and speak negatively.
Pros
Well Being hour weekly
Cons
Poor management, negative environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGL (Change, Grow, Live). Our community is ready to answer.

CGL (Change, Grow, Live) Reviews by Location