CERTITUDE Employee Reviews

good workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London5 April 2019
Good staff! Had good time working at certitude Where I worked, the managers were very professional. sadly had to leave because of education but enjoyed my time working
Can do approach
Bromley Day Opportunities Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bromley21 January 2019
Challenging but rewarding. The client group are amazing to work with and great to see the transformation in their lives.

The company are committed to ensuring the client group have a good life as part of their mission and values
Pros
Helping the client group to have a good life
Cons
Staff retention
Typical Day
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Balham, Greater London17 December 2018
As a support worker, we never have dull moment at Certitude,
Our Clients have Learning Disabilities and need a lot of our attention.
Attending Hospital Appointments, Booking weekend activities, arranging meetings with management, and training for and with Staff.

What can be hard to this job is never having structure.

What I enjoy about my job is seeing a client achieve something that they thought was impossible or trying something new.
A very good company to work for with excellent training and lots of scope for promotion
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Hounslow6 October 2018
A good company to work for. Good quality training,
Scope for promotion.
Supportive employer.
Very forward thinking
Person centered care
A company with a can do approach to care
Pros
Great prospect for promotion.
Brilliant Place
Hr Adv (Former Employee) –  London12 September 2018
Brilliant, laid back company who values your opinions. HR team is amazing and dedicated. They have a range of individuals at all levels and from different backgrounds that place their experience into Certitude.

I wish I could work for them again!

enjoyable part was to meet with all and to view their dedication to those who are with a disability.
Good company
TEAM LEADER - MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Harrow14 August 2018
Good company to work for. Aired working always busy. Interesting roles and work life balance. Competitive salary and overtime if you want it.. Plenty of training available.
10 September 2018

We appreciate you getting in touch and taking the time to review us. It is really lovely to hear you feel this way about Certitude - we wish you all the best for the next step in your career.

The work ethics intails of identifying and managing the needs of the residents
Community Connector Lead (Current Employee) –  London UK12 August 2018
Good place to work and allow the staff to grow and achieve their dreams. The job is about working with the residents and engage with them as part of the personal centred care and identify the needs ,and work on it
10 September 2018

We appreciate you getting in touch with us and are glad you are enjoying your time with us. We are pleased to hear you are getting the necessary support to develop your skills and career. We hope your time with us continues to be just as positive.

Do not even think about joining this company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Lambeth22 March 2018
The job is very easy and the Service users are very nice to work with. The problem are the Bully/wicked Managers/Senior Co workers who stress you out.
Pros
No need to worry if you have not applied for a job in this Company
Cons
Bully Culture, Job insecurity, Forced Location Transfer, never ending Probation Period, No increase in Pay after end of Probation. Bad Leadership and Management.
Worst company I have ever worked.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Bromley10 March 2018
Company treat staff like animals.
If you can withstand Harassment/mental torture/rascism/manipulation and bullying you can be part of the team.
Very bad
Pros
Service users very nice to work with.
Cons
Bad Management, H.R and Leadership team, Those raising their voice are brutally crushed, sacked or go through a horrific ordeal, Company follows unlawful procedures and defy employment legislation.
Rewarding work however lack of leadership
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London15 September 2017
Really rewarding helping to improve the lives of others, however there is a lack of leadership and management within the services that can make work life quite difficult.
Cons
Long hours, lack of leadership
certitude
Support Worker (Bank) (Current Employee) –  london14 August 2017
certitude is committed to helping people with different health needs maintaining independents or regaining independence however they are not committed to supporting there staff throw hard times or acknowledging the hard work of there staff team who despite all this stay committed to supporting or caring for the people we support.
Pros
no bonuses
Cons
no extra holidays
25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time out to review us. We are sorry to hear you feel this way and know we are always taking steps to improve. Certitude along with people we support really do appreciate all the work you and your team do. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate in contacting the HR team.

care assisant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2017
typical day at work is getting up my clients and giving them the best support they need and want. I have learnt so many things in care which I didn't know about but now I can take forward. the hardest thing for me part the job is seeing the old clients just live in a care home no one comes to see them which makes me sad but what I love about my job is making a change in someone's life which makes me happy.
Pros
freee lunches
Cons
long hours 12
Okay but needs improvement
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London5 May 2017
Most of certitude staff are great, you really feel included and welcomed from your first day. But there is zero accountability from anyone, even from people high on the food chain.
If you are someone's favorite your life will be great but if you are not you will soon know it. You could do the same job as someone but be treated completely different. I feel this is very unprofessional.
Pros
Flexible woking
Cons
Long hours, uncertainty
Supportive environment and fun place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 May 2017
I have enjoyed working with Certitude whilst studying and gained practical skills and experience to explore other opportunities within the Health and Social Care industry especially within the NHS.
Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Perivale20 April 2017
Poor communication from the manager. Very unprofessional. No unity. Poor standards of health and safety. Support staff get no credit for the work they do. Support staff do all the work and managers get all the glory. So many staff members are unhappy here. As a support worker you won't have a voice. I found this place very depressing.
Excellent Organisation
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Head Office9 February 2016
Certitude is a positive, friendly, engaging place to work.

The organisation invests in staff development and has a friendly, supportive and open culture.

Management at all levels are approachable.

The job is busy but I enjoy this; no two days are ever the same! I am actively encouraged by my manager to develop my skills and experience by working on a variety of tasks and cases and I am given autonomy over my work and workload.

Overall, I would highly recommend the organisation and I thoroughly enjoy working here.
high standards
Team - Unit Manager High Support (Current Employee) –  London, ENG1 November 2015
Certitude provides personalized support for people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs.
certitude is a professional company of very high standards.
from the top managers down to all the support staff.
Busy & friendly Environment
HR Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Balham22 October 2015
Its a quite busy job and the team is friendly. There are some conflicts what needs to be dealt professionally. A bureaucratic
Management style.

Though the job is busy different elements of the job gives a variety and opportunity to enjoy what you are doing.
Loads of activities to enjoy the working life.
Pros
Freindliness of all staff, satisfaction of working for a charity
Cons
Team working is not working where it is very important.
I find Certitude to be a fun place to work, but with little benefits and opportunity for CPD.
Temp Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockwell8 September 2014
No two days are never the same, with each day presenting the opportunity for me to learn something new. However, a typical day is communicate with people who is non verbal, with minimal sign language skill., encouraging them to be forthcoming towards their care (eg, taking a bath or participate in cooking a meal), and see someone make progress at something as small as peeling an onion..
What i learn on these days is that people can improve in small ways that we take for granted.

Our management recognize that a motivational style of management where small objectives are agreed between worker and management, followed with frequent supervision and appraisal. Usually lead to accomplishing set goals fastest.

Co-workers understands how crucial teamwork and proactiveness is. How important it is to support each other to work to the standard, policies and guidelines the company have in place for us to deliver the best care.

The challenges are when people fail to handover some crucial information that could prevent misunderstanding. (eg, taking someone to a medical appointment which was cancelled) when that time might have been used for something else.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking someone out on fun activity, seeing them enjoying simple things in life, like being in the outdoor.
Pros
Cons
Average