CERTITUDE

CERTITUDE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Incredible service users, some fantastic staff and terrible management
Before the merger, Suppprt for Living was a great place to learn about supporting adults with learning disabilities. After the merger with Southside Partnership, the company cut costs, introduced a pay freeze, increased working hours from 36 to 39 hours per week and their reason for this was the austerity cuts taking place at the time (year 2013).

Management at the ARC changed and became controlling, lacked leadership qualities, behaved as if they always knew more and were better than staff. There was a lack of being valued as a staff member.

People in management at the ARC are manipulitive, stubborn, liars and have too much pride to admit to being in the wrong. I saw many staff members come and go mainly due to the terrible management they endured.
Pros
Service users and their families, staff, travelling
Cons
Management, underpaid
Lack of staff wefare
The support workers struggle with the wages and many have to work bank shifts at weekends just to make ends meet. There is very little focus on staff welfare or support from management
Duty of care
Assisting the person your supporting to have a forfilled life activities in the house and out in the community Including day trips out plus a holiday once a year. Birthday celebrations with a party and Christmas Dinner out
Very Poor
I worked for Certitude for two years and in this time: I supported people in their roles as carers for adults with learning disabilities. I enjoyed working with my caseload but was victimized and bullied by management which wasn't fairly dealt with by the charity who ended up closing ranks with management causing me to leave.
Pros
Good Hours, Good work with Carers, the Voice project and good salary.
Cons
Bad Management and lack of support from Higher management within the organisation.
Empathy and well-being
Looks like an easy job but needs a constant attention and a very diverse kind of skills to keep going on the routine and the life of the people we support.
Pros
Good Holidays
Cons
Incomes
Do not work here
The service users were lovely, I also had a great work/life balance as a bank staff but the senior managers are wicked. They will throw you under the bus to save face and will try and tarnish your name.
Terrible place to work!
DO NOT APPLY TO WORK AT THIS COMPANY! FOR YOUR OWN SANITY!

Senior management are racist bullies, you would not believe what they have put me through. They have caused me pyschological torture and immense suffering.

I'm begging you to apply somewhere else!

If you are a young millenial woman, do not go into this industry!
certitude have got positive work culture , staff are provide with the right training and skill.my working with certitude have been very productive
certitude have got a positive work culture , staff are provided with the right training and skills .My working with certitude have been very productive, For instance, I have been able to utilised my professional skill to contribute to the quality of life of people we support .The most exciting part of my job, is be able to make a difference to the life of people .
Company values are great but managers cant manage
5 years as permanent staff. The "clients" are excellent to work with. They are the reason i wake up to go to work in the morning but bad managers lurk here. Favouratism, jealousy, controlling to staff and to clients. Bad managers are allowed to thrive and you cant complain coz nothing will change.
Management is bias and one sided alot of favouritism going on
No guarantee with this company no support from management and no progression I know I lot of people who wanted to stay on and could of done well in this company but was singled out
Boring work where other staff stab you in the back
I worked for Certitude for Eight Months. Management are spineless bullies with who show nothing but contempt for staff. Project Workers do the hard work and management get the credit. The working culture is very definitely Very much them versus us and if your face doesn't fit they make your life a nightmare. Certitude do not understand the Working Time Directive and I was often bullied and pressurized in to working long hours, sometimes double shifts at the last minute. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was leaving at the end of my shift I hated the place.
Pros
The end of the shift
Cons
The beginning of the shift
If your face fits you’ll have a good experience with this company.
Worked with Certitude for 8 years in various roles including management. Wouldn’t work for them again, if your face fits then you’ll get support and encouragement. If you complain about policies and practises not being followed by other staff members then you are labels a trouble maker and your working life will be difficult.
Do yourself a favour and find a different company to work for in social care!
Pros
Some weekends off
Cons
Long hours, last minute rota changes, management that can’t manage
Workplace
Typical day at work will be going through my compliance checks which includes the people we supports weekly activity plans, medication checks, health and safety checks, medical appointments not to mention but a few
good workplace
Good staff! Had good time working at certitude Where I worked, the managers were very professional. sadly had to leave because of education but enjoyed my time working
Can do approach
Challenging but rewarding. The client group are amazing to work with and great to see the transformation in their lives.

The company are committed to ensuring the client group have a good life as part of their mission and values
Pros
Helping the client group to have a good life
Cons
Staff retention
Typical Day
As a support worker, we never have dull moment at Certitude,
Our Clients have Learning Disabilities and need a lot of our attention.

Attending Hospital Appointments, Booking weekend activities, arranging meetings with management, and training for and with Staff.

What can be hard to this job is never having structure.

What I enjoy about my job is seeing a client achieve something that they thought was impossible or trying something new.
A very good company to work for with excellent training and lots of scope for promotion
A good company to work for. Good quality training,
Scope for promotion.

Supportive employer.

Very forward thinking

Person centered care

A company with a can do approach to care
Pros
Great prospect for promotion.
Brilliant Place
Brilliant, laid back company who values your opinions. HR team is amazing and dedicated. They have a range of individuals at all levels and from different backgrounds that place their experience into Certitude.

I wish I could work for them again!

enjoyable part was to meet with all and to view their dedication to those who are with a disability.
Good company
Good company to work for. Aired working always busy. Interesting roles and work life balance. Competitive salary and overtime if you want it.. Plenty of training available.
Official response from CERTITUDE
10 September 2018
We appreciate you getting in touch and taking the time to review us. It is really lovely to hear you feel this way about Certitude - we wish you all the best for the next step in your career.
The work ethics intails of identifying and managing the needs of the residents
Good place to work and allow the staff to grow and achieve their dreams. The job is about working with the residents and engage with them as part of the personal centred care and identify the needs ,and work on it
Official response from CERTITUDE
10 September 2018
We appreciate you getting in touch with us and are glad you are enjoying your time with us. We are pleased to hear you are getting the necessary support to develop your skills and career. We hope your time with us continues to be just as positive.
Do not even think about joining this company
The job is very easy and the Service users are very nice to work with. The problem are the Bully/wicked Managers/Senior Co workers who stress you out.
Pros
No need to worry if you have not applied for a job in this Company
Cons
Bully Culture, Job insecurity, Forced Location Transfer, never ending Probation Period, No increase in Pay after end of Probation. Bad Leadership and Management.