Certas Energy UK

Certas Energy UK Employee Reviews

I left as management and higher are clearly saving their own jobs and pay packets. Brought in furlough and later redundancy after claiming massive increases in profits.I was managing the workload of 3 people yet they have "restructured" to reduce numbers as the workload apparently doesn't require the number of people.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible man and team management
NoNice place to work staff friendly good training uniform provided they try to accommodate you if you have child care issues sometimes the work can be heavy on delivery days but they always put a extra staff member on shift
NO job security have you out at drop of a hat,managment act like bully boys in a play school playground,power hungry,trucks old and battered,management don;t listen their way or no way
Pros
going home at the end of shift
Cons
management bully boys
Closed branch and relocated to Scotland,Office became lost ship without rudder. Regional manager unhelpful as her favourite branch closed first. Sad.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Staff
The job is ok and there are some very nice people here, but only some. The environment is terrible, racist and bigoted comments seem to be casually accepted here, I even witnessed this being encouraged by higher management, absolutely not acceptable. Management play favourites to the extreme here. Training was promised at interview but non existent upon starting and never really happened at all. My advice would be - avoid this place.
Pros
Can't actually think of any
Cons
Terrible environment, face fits culture.
Been here for a few months after leaving another firm that sold up! Well I heard many bad things about this place but they all wrong!! Hours are great and plenty of overtime if you want it, management staff are next to nothing will go out there way to help you, obvs it's not a job for everyone and if u don't wanna work more then 8 hours a day then I suggest you find another job!great place o
Pros
Money, benifits, security
Cons
Routers sometimes but swings and roundabouts
Good company to work for and great propects to climb the ladder if your willing to work for it,don't be put off by other comments this company is changing for the better
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review your feedback is much appreciated.
Don't care about their employees. Never listen, harassing you when you are not shift. No life work balance. If you don't dance to their tune you don't fit in. You end up working more hours than contracted. Management don't care at all and don't even know how to run the place. Terminate your employment without a proper reason. Do the jobs of more than one person, treated like a dogs body. Sites not fit to work in
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate constructive feedback and will pass on your feedback to the relevant management team.Safety is the highest priority at all our sites, and we would act immediately if the site was not safe to work in.
Long hours with virtually no thanks if you did extra. Short staffed a lot of the time. Salary was ok as long as you didn't have to cover shifts. Screw you over if you make any mistakes.
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, we welcome both positive and constructive feedback, I will ensure your feedback is fed back to the relevant management team.
Poor management on-site, sexist and bullying tactics, like going back in time. If you are very local and female you would fit in, if you are not do not apply. Also be prepared to wait 50 days to get paid when you start.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons
Abuse, lying and humiliation
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate both positive and constructive feedback and I will ensure yours is fed back to the appropriate management team. We do have a zero tolerance approach to bullying and \I would recommend this is brought to the attention of your HR Business Partner at the time.
This company is run by painting by numbers Management!! Anyone who was any good has either left of there own accord, or has been pushed out. The HR Department are fighting a loosing battle against very poor Management decisions!! These manager's cannot lie straight in bed! The routers are biast, and lack experience, but not in the art of deception! Driver's Beware
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive and I will ensure your comments are fed back to the the relevant management team.
If you want to be underpaid and over worked with people that expect you to do all the work all day that's the place to work yes they have health and safety there but know one cares as the targets are more important then health and safety
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate both positive and constructive feedback and will ensure your comments are passed to the relevant management team.Safety First is our highest priority and we invest significantly every year in ensuring our employees have a safe working environment.
Mind numbingly boring. Management like to play favourites. People are okay but again the job itself is rubbish. Underpaid for the amount of work undertaken especially night shift. Deliveries are ridiculous aswell as your expected to attend to that while serving and carrying out your other duties at the same time. Okay job if your at uni/college etc but zero career opportunities if your job based.
21 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate both positive and constructive feedback and will ensure your comments are passed to the relevant management team. We do actively promote career opportunities throughout the business and have vacancies throughout the country for those interested in their next career step.
A lot of the team within the Trafford park office were great to work with, unfortunately certain people who where “favourites” got every opportunity going and people who where more experienced and more professional got pushed out and treated really badly. The Thurrock office was such a support and the previous commercial manager was brilliant, unfortunately the national sales manager and his now number 2 are ruining the business and not offering development or support for the people Thant need it.
21 April 2020
Stay away certas energy has now decided to block ex employees and future ex employees from obtaining any employment within the fuel industry that has a contract with certas energy. As i have just learned trying to seek employment, told 1st by another fuel supplier.
21 April 2020
Poor management to be honest they waste so much money on fuel due to bad routing work for oil 4 wales or Je Lawrence or even kp Thomas if you want to be treated properly
21 April 2020
Not a bad company to work for but no support from management higher up. No social life. Can do everything possible to help out and receive no thanks for what you do. Expect far too much from managers/supervisors and put too much pressure on them without providing adequate support.
21 April 2020
The company employed some top rate staff however these were sometimes overlooked for other positions or promotions. Generally the Managers that I have worked for have been fair and keen to progress your career wherever possible. Sometimes the job could be stressful, but most companies/job roles will experience this and I feel a little stress can be a good thing. Unfortunately the company does seem to go through regular changes and this has lead to people being made redundant and they have lost some great people with exceptional skills and experience.
21 April 2020
Busy but exciting challenges faced every day. Variety of work. Staff and management excellent Enjoyed the variety of work and getting the chance to further my experience
21 April 2020
Decent company with decent pay, work life balance is a downside as there is a lot to do in so little time. Systems need improving to stop wasted time building reports
Pros
Pay scale
Cons
Work life balance
Avoid this sales region and company at all costs. Terrible lower sales managers, who bully, lie and make it all up day in day out. This explains why they have had massive high losses of good sales staff under their control in the last few years- AVOID. What is worse higher management and HR simply either don't see it, or just let them carry on. Do not waste your life in sales for this terrible bunch, it's just not worth it, and they are certainly not what they pretend to be.