CER Education Recruitment

CER Education Recruitment Employee Reviews

Featured review
CER Education Recruitment selected this as a representative review
Supply teaching is for people who want independence, flexibility and variety. CER provides good choice of short term/ long term contracts. Supportive company. Many consultants were teachers. Treated like a professional.
Pros
Supportive, flexible on pay depending on contract, positive, knowledgeable about education
Cons
Have to budget for school holidays as pay is term time only but you get holiday pay in your income
CER have consistently got me good job posts and listen to what I require. They are supportive and give good feedback. In addition, they worked persistently hard to process all my qualifications and checks.
Pros
Listening and Response skills good
Cons
Only posts in Hampshire
Doing supply with the agency really helped me with money and seeing different schools to the point that I am now employed by a school where I have done placements at. Getting paid weekly was amazing to go to. Some of the schools you get sent to are amazing, some are awful, but they put a note on the system so you don’t get sent there again. Darlington branch really good at making sure they don’t send me too far for when I need to be back. Only downside is getting up and waiting for a call if you aren’t booked into a school for a few weeks.
Pros
Money
Cons
Waiting for a call to not get one.
CER sent me into numerous schools, always calling with ample time to reach the school that day. My consultant regularly checked up on her teachers including throughout lockdown over the summer term of 2020. Where possible and appropriate they offered guaranteed pay contracts which was a welcome safety net in this business. I would have happily continued to work for them had I not moved.
Pros
Flexability
I've had a great relationship with the team at CER, primarily Jasmin who has looked after me from the start. She has always checked up on me to ensure I am happy in my placement, and has created great opportunities and pushed me to be my best. She has secured me a job in a great school which could potentially lead to other roles. I am forever grateful and I know the support will continue whilst I am working in this long term position through CER. Thank you CER for being the best. :) x
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not secure income but that is the nature of supply, not just CER.
I would avoid at all cost. There are much better education recruitment agencies to work for in the North East. The negativity starts at the top with the MD, no respect whatsoever for staff. MD belittles people which makes others feel very uncomfortable. Their response to Covid-19: only Education recruitment company in the NE to make employees redundant and not furlough them. Total disrespect for employees unless you are making £1000s.
A typical recruitment environment, where a fun work/life balance was necessary. A true meritocracy, where a typical 9-5 culture was prevalent. Ideal for gaining experience.
I was offered a job nearly 16 weeks a go and I am still waiting to start. I am already willing to hand in my notice and begin looking for jobs else where. Obviously they have not tried to solve this issue.
i would really recommend working for CER as they do make sure you get the best possible hours and salary they can get for you. The con is that they can cut your job short at any point due to funding
Difficult to write a review when the contact with other office staff is just for 'cover' purposes . However, they staff are always very polite and friendly. A very nice touch is some of the training that has been made available for new staff - also gives us a chance to meet with each other too so that if we run into each other at school, at least there is a familiar face!
I worked for this agency for about three months maybe longer and it was the most enfuriating three months of my life. The manager would phone you asking if you want shifts on a specific date and a nice block of them too, then when it comes to the day at half seven when your ready to set out the door get told your not needed at the school that, and one time could I got asked at 8 on the morning to see if I could get to a school for half 8, when I told them it was impossible they told me that its my fault and I need to sort it, because of the lack of care in management that's why I left, alsp unprofessional standards outside of the work place by one specific manager. A freond and colegue who was working in the same school I was working in told me that on a staff night out this manager even though he had a wife and child asked her to go back to his hotel on the night and every time he called her for work he would be inappropriate and call her saying hello gorgeous. I refused to work under a man like that and hope no one else would want to either.
Always messed up wages , work hit and miss spoken to at times rudely , passed on personal details to third party without consent, at times felt bullied.
I have nothing good to say about this entire experience. I would not wish it on my worst enemy, thought some time has elapsed and things could be better now. Approach this business with caution.
Have worked for them for nearly 5 months and all good. They've managed to get me plenty of supply teaching and once I want above a certain threshold they added a pension plan to my account. Generally very responsive to emails and management are very approachable.
0 hours contract. Lovely staff but don’t speak to each other so need to check with different teams. You need to push them. Negotiate pay and travel, hours, jobs available etc
CER have been great for me in getting prepared for my teaching career, I am currently working as supply for teaching and teaching assistant positions and CER have been really great at getting my background checks done as quickly as they can so I can start working asap
Just started working for CER in Liverpool, I was pleased with the speediness they found me work, and am enjoying being a supply TA. The company has been very professional and caring when I came to discuss working with them, and worked hard in finding me supply work. Naturally you're not every day in work, as it's contacted, but for someone who is looking for experience in school environments this is a great opportunity. If you're a newly graduated or just out of school looking for opportunities to work in schools, CER has been great for that. It's never gonna be an easy job - you're in different schools regularly, however if you want a job that finishes at a nice time, and is a nice working environment, would recommend.
My tutor was amazing! Always asked how i was getting on and continued to suppory me throughout my journey, schools were lovely and could not fault my tutor
Pros
Easy to speak to
Cons
Job consistency
Although I prefer to work ad hoc I do not receive enough work from them. So I am now looking for additional/other temporary work to do alongside my voluntary work.
Worked for CER in North Wales for 18 months. Manager great, frequent training available if interested, paid weekly on time. Flexible working hours. Would recommend.
Extremely disappointing experience with this agency. Encouraged to register with them by the agent who head hunted me and asked to send extremely sensitive personal information before being ghosted despite repeated emails and phone calls. Can only assume the recruiter received some kind of incentive to register individuals. Glad I do not have to work with them any further after this negative episode and certainly would not recommend to others.
Cons
Poor pay offered, terrible communication, untrustworthy