Centrica Employee Reviews

People focused
Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester19 April 2018
An excellent company to be associated with. Good values promoting working together, achieving results and doing whats right for the customer. Proud to have worked there.
ok
Heating Engineer/Plumber (Former Employee) –  london18 April 2018
typical day was going to peoples houses and fixing their heating. i became a qualified gas engineer through my apprenticeship, management was ok. work was very solitary, dealing with angry customers. best part of the job was leaving the customer happy
Pros
good pay
Cons
isolating
exciting and challanging
Warehouse Manager E.W.I (Former Employee) –  Devon16 April 2018
I enjoyed working for Centrica on a flagship EWI scheme within two prominent cities Plymouth and Southampton.
Challenging and exciting and pleasing to be able to help lower carbon foot print
Pros
Team meals
Cons
wether permitted
Excellent career
Regional Tax Adviser (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 April 2018
Started off in a clerical position and progressed through promotions to a managerial level. Gained man management exoerience and a variety of accounting disciplines. Proved to be an excellent company and only left when the choice was between moving to London or returning to previous positions.
Pros
Excellent career company
Cons
Ultimate relocation issue
Good culture
Dispatch Advocate (Current Employee) –  Leeds11 April 2018
Good company to work for, good culture, good internal procedures
overall very satisfactory company to work for , day to day activities are well managed by the higher management
good
Customer service advisor (Current Employee) –  agent7 April 2018
The job is really good job and I have really enjoyed my time working there. The management is ok and I learnt a lot while working there and hopefully will learn more.
Enjoyable
Telesales Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire5 April 2018
A great place to work, friendly staff, clean, happy environment, good commission structure.
Altogether a happy time, shame about the sudden redundancy
It begun so well.
Ee (Former Employee) –  Wales.4 April 2018
I enjoyed working with Centica
At first I felt valued but after a few years it was obvious that my position was no longer wanted and so I and all the others who were doing my type of job was made redundant.
The pay and pension were good.
You were allowed to use the company van for limited personal use
Top Company
Service and Repair Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea4 April 2018
I enjoyyed my time and both companies. only left for more opportunities. Not a bad word to say about either company. -
Pros
Computer aided diagnostics.
Cons
Travelling to West Wales everyday and have an unrealistic workload.
Grate Job
Service & Repair Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wales2 April 2018
Best job I've had ! gutted i left just goes to show the grass is not always greener on the other side !! just hope i can get back in some time, !!!!!!
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 March 2018
Centrica is a large company of which my unit is small. I find the company superb to work for and I enjoy the varied role that I perform within it. Management is encouraged to communicate clearly and take account of problems employees face.
Pros
Large company with various opportunities.
Cons
Wider group great, but call centre environment stagnant
Complaint Handler (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 March 2018
The call centre started off great, with lots of development opportunities but over the years this has declined, and unless you look to work of the call centre environment you will likely not progress much
A British Gas call centre role
Call centre official (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 March 2018
My experience of working for this company was not a positive or enjoyable one. I found the managers attempts to promote team play a failure and it was extremely difficult to build upon responsibilities as the established “team” hierarchy prevented this from occurring. I left this job dissatisfied and with an overall performance on record that was not what I expected it to be !
centrica
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 March 2018
a typical day will be answering the phone dealing with customers enquires/complaints. I also coach members in my team.

I have learned to multi task between my coaching roll and my CSA roll. I mostly enjoy connecting with other employees and the challenge it brings as they all learn in different ways

the hardest part is also understanding how people learn so setting expectations at the start is vital for them to succeed in the role.
Pros
benefits plus, chance to pay for extra holidays
Cons
constant change of compliance, taking away our benefits and canteen
Was a great place to work.
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 March 2018
They now no longer have shops, but while I was there it was a great place to work. The day was varied and I mainly dealt with the public selling appliances and dealing with their gas accounts at the beginning. When I became manager I dealt with training staff, ordering stock budget's and much more. The hardest part was moving stock around (cookers etc can be heavy). The most enjoyable bringing staff to their full potential and selling the customer exactly what they required.
Pros
Good wages and benefits.
Cons
Working after hours to ensure all was exactly right if necessary.
Good people to work with but structure could be better
Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire26 March 2018
Centrica is an exciting place to work with new challenges coming up everyday.

There is a definite desire from all who work here to do the best for the customer and put them at the forefront of the decision making process.

The main issue is the size of the organisation can lead to some confusion in ownership and responsibility.
issues
meter engineer (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London24 March 2018
With centrica there is no surprise that a lot of things such as values and home work life balance can get lost in the midst of them hitting targets how ever the training is great and the people you work along side are great.
Pros
good training
Cons
very very long hours
Buen ambiente
PROCESADORA DE DATOS (Former Employee) –  Southampton21 March 2018
Me permitió trabajar mientras estudiaba en Inglaterra.
El trabajo consistía en dar de alta y baja el servicio técnico de Gas con British Gas.
varied tasks , training , friendly
Showroom Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Solihull20 March 2018
customer service focus enabled extensive experience for sales and dealing with customers with the option of training courses .
Development of skills with an excellent training and development department top mentor you .
Pros
location
Cons
overtime
Large organisation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent16 March 2018
Company with a large range of positions focused on energy and supplying this to consumers.

My role included account management, billing, administrative support, data analysis, report creation, engineer scheduling.

It was essential to meet monthly KPI's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centrica. Our community is ready to answer.