Centre for Dentistry Employee Reviews

No effective management
Former employee south (Former Employee) –  South30 September 2018
Sound fantastic but reality is far from
Managers with NO dental background , nurses changing all the time , like all corporates only focused on targets , low percentage for dentists and low fees to patients so have to work fast (like NHS) to make money. Don’t dare point out the flaws and failings or you’ll be told to go. Equipment is ok but stick low and often run out of essentials.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management and hours
2 October 2018

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us at Centre for Dentistry. We are proud to have a committed and stable senior management team - many of whom are qualified nurses and dentists with a wealth of experience within the industry. We're not all about targets - all of the team are passionate about making a real difference in the dental industry and we believe everyone who works at CFD shares this passion for delivering excellent patient care. That's certainly the ethos we want in all of our practices. Our people are our most important asset - from our skilled dentists and hygienists to our nurses, front of house and support team across the country. We aim to be accessible and affordable for patients, whilst ensuring our team are valued and hard work is both recognised and rewarded. We always aim to have the best possible equipment and run an efficient, effective stock system that is closely managed at practice level. We are always looking to improve our processes, service and how we look after our colleagues so if you’d like to provide any further details or if you’d like to talk this through with us, please do get in touch on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. We are sorry it didn’t work out this time but we wish you the best for your future career. Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry.

A Company that cares about the patient
Manager,dental nurse (Current Employee) –  Wakefield5 September 2018
I have worked for CFD for 6 months and can honestly say it has restored my faith in dentistry. It is a small 'corporate' but the whole atmosphere and team is a personal and caring one. I have felt well supported, challenged and love the flexibility of shifts. Saturdays are required but the flexibility of time off in the week balances this out. The ethos of the company is inspiring and motivating.
I would recommend centre for dentistry to anyone. It is very well led and progression is there if you work for it.
Pros
The atmosphere, company ethos, paid lunches
7 September 2018

Good afternoon and thank you so much for your review. We really like to promote from within and we are delighted you are part of the team.

We know the shift patterns won't suit everyone but they do offer a great deal of flexibility to staff members and we are able to provide our patients with appointments that suit them!

Thank you again.

I love it !
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London5 August 2018
The best I’ve worked . Great team, the management are very helpful ,positive energy and very supportive. Opportunity for progress is open and they support you. They really care about the quality of staff and the company. I’m very happy being part of the team.
Pros
Progress, management, team, training, great environment.
7 August 2018

Morning! Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted you are part of the team, working to provide excellent service to our patients and improve their long-term oral health. It's great to have you on board and we look forward to helping you develop your career with Centre for Dentistry.

Disgraceful Company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  South31 July 2018
Bought in to the company by the CEO's Ethos and vision however, the reality was polar opposite and people disappeared without warning especially if you dared speak out or express an opinion which lost some amazing team members and practically all of the senior management team. Sadly your best was never good enough.
Pros
great equipment
Cons
no security and unpredictable CEO
2 August 2018

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us at Centre for Dentistry. We have a committed and stable senior management team who work closely with our CEO, Lisa Riley, to take the business forwards. Lisa and the team are passionate about making a real difference in the dental industry and we believe everyone who works at CFD shares this passion for delivering excellent patient care. We always seek to reward hard work and recognise the contribution our teams make every day. We are always looking to improve our service and how we look after our colleagues so if you’d like to provide any further details or if you’d like to talk this through with us, please do get in touch on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. We are sorry it didn’t work out this time but we wish you the best for your future career. Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry.

A great company to work for!
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kent7 June 2018
I have now been working at Centre for Dentistry for nearly 3 years now and it is by far the best company that I have worked for.
The management are amazing and so helpful with training when you first start work and helping you to develop your stills and customer service. Coming back from maternity leave can be daunting, but my manager and team were understanding and helped me to seltle back into the workplace.
The workplace environment is very friendly and you meet different people every day which all helps to develop your skills and knowledge.
I would highly recommend working for Centre for Dentistry as it is a great company to work for!
Pros
Management, Pay, Holiday, Free parking, Friendly team
Excellent professional standards
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset26 April 2018
I’ve been so impressed since joining CFD, my colleagues are all completely focused on delivering excellent patient care.

To be successful at CFD you do need to be able to work autonomously and to a very high standard, so it won’t suit everybody.

If you want to make a difference and develop professionally then I think CFD is a great place to work.
Pros
Free parking, accessible practices, good pay rates, flexible hours
Great company with some good opportunities to progress
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire26 March 2018
I currently work at the practice and have been there for nearly a year now. I started off as a trainee dental nurse and qualified in December last year. Couldn’t thank the practice enough for how much support they have given me during my time at the practice. All colleagues are great and fantastic support. Without the support of the management team I don’t think I would be where I am today.

The company has great opportunities to progress and develop your interests further from working with dentists who are interested in the specialist treatments to working with a specialist orthodontist and implantologist.

We take great pride in caring for our patients and putting them at the heart of the practice. We take great enthusiasm to ensure all our patients have a good experience with us.

The managment team and colleagues are passionate about working together to make a positive contribution to Dentisty.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next few years hold!
Pros
Parking, management support and passion, great colleagues to work with
29 March 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to post! We're delighted to have you on board at Centre for Dentistry as an important part of the Tamworth team. It's so rewarding for us to see our nurses progress through their training and become more and more confident in the surgery. We look forward to continued close working with you and your colleagues at CFD Tamworth to help keep our patients smiling with confidence throughout 2018 and beyond. Have a lovely Easter weekend! Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry

not a good place for dentist, very bad management.
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Calcot, Berkshire14 March 2018
I worked as an associate dentist full- time for a year. The management is the worst part of this company, they have cancel my day lists many times, I needed to give my surgery to the specialist (implants or orthodontist) at least 3 or 4 times a month.
It was very bad organised .
I wouldn't recommend anyone join this company if is looking for a serious job.
You will find yourself with so many managers that constantly change, and some of them can be very rude or just ignore you and don't give you any help at all.
Many of them don't have any clue how to run a dental practice.
The salary for dentist is low in comparison with other places and you need to do late hours and weekends.
They have very limited number of patients, even when they promise you will be fully booked it is not truth and you will end doing only exams and scale and polishes.
You end treating patients for free many times and you can go to work sometimes and not have patients booked at all, or just for few(1 or 2 patients in 10 hours) so it is a loose of time and money for the dentist perspective.
They pretend to be transparent but they are not, they are always paying below the sum that you are expecting and they don't even mind about the retainer that they promise you will have for the first year working for them.
they would tell you if there is any problem to contact accounts but they will totally ignore you and not giving you any solution.
many problem and no solutions!!
The dental chair has always problems, and the same with the screen and with the internet connection, so will end up working
  more... without computer many times.
this place don't worth the hassle.
Pros
free parking. convenient for shopping. nice colleagues.
Cons
management. low income for dentist. late hours.
21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We are lucky to work with some fantastic clinicians at Centre for Dentistry, many of whom have been with us since we started the company. Our clinicians are an important part of our team and we value each and every one of you!

Being a practice in Sainsbury’s presents a very different environment to that of the NHS and other private practices and we believe this represents a huge opportunity for the right clinicians. Our people and patients are our key priority, with patient care being that vital ingredient. We want our service to be accessible and convenient, which is why we are open longer hours, providing clinicians with flexibility and more time to see patients.

Through our friendly conversations with people in store, we are able to reach a large number of potential patients and increase awareness of our presence in store. This is proven as the best way for us to build a healthy book. Often, we find that dentists get involved and it’s a great, informal way to get to know potential patients!

We’re disappointed to read your comments about our management. We are here to support our clinicians and the wider team in practice in the best way possible. Whilst sometimes team members do move on, we always do our utmost to ensure team continuity. I would like to reassure you that all of our management team are hugely passionate about the company and working together to succeed.

We have a very hard-working support team who will always do their utmost to resolve technical faults and equipment faults as quickly as possible. Sometimes,  more... technology isn’t on our side and we do have to work together to deal with a situation effectively and ensure patient care isn’t affected.

We apologise if there are any outstanding issues regarding payments – please get in touch so we can look into this for you. Please email feedback@centrefordentistry.com with the details and we will resolve your query. Thanks again for your feedback as we are always looking to improve how we look after our team. Best wishes for the future from all of us at Centre for Dentistry.

Immature and unprofessional management
Dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Tamworth14 March 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time working at CFD, although there were aspects I did not enjoy like hassling Sainsbury's shoppers every hour and having to work out pointless daily targets that had to be met. Too much emphasis is put into getting new patients to sign up to the annual plan instead of valuing and keeping old patients. Although I worked hard every day and even did marketing in my own time I wasn't appreciated. The manager is very unprofessional and has not enough experience in working with people. I witnessed her on many occasions slagging off members of staff to other staff members. She even discussed sacking a dentist because she didn't like his attitude. Senior management need to look at the immature staff they are putting in managerial positions with too much responsibility.
Pros
Pay, free parking, good teamwork
Cons
Unrealistic targets, money oriented dentists, unprofessional manager
21 March 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working at CFD and we are pleased to have the opportunity to address some of the other issues you have raised.

Firstly, we recognise that being a practice in Sainsbury’s presents some challenges and is a very different environment to that of the NHS and other private practices. However, this also presents a huge opportunity to do things better. Our approach is all about patient care – with quality, convenience and affordability being key priorities. I would like to reassure you that our key focus remains looking after our patients and ensuring people have a great experience with us on every visit. Through our in-store activity and friendly conversations with people in store, we are able to reach a large number of potential patients and increase awareness of our presence in store. We believe it sends a great message that the dentist is accessible and not scary if someone from the practice is having a chat with you in store, perhaps offering advice on what toothpaste you might like to buy!

We’re disappointed to read your comments about your manager. We have some great people in the business and we ensure all our managers receive regular training and ongoing support. We would like to reassure you that all of our management team are hugely passionate about working together to make a difference in the dental industry.

We value all feedback and are always looking to improve how we look after our teams. I hope the above helps. If you would like to talk this through, we’d be  more... happy to talk to you. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. Best wishes for the future from all of us at Centre for Dentistry.  less

Really bad place to work for a dentist.
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  London15 December 2017
No management, staff changes every couple or 3 weeks.
No fixed nurses, just a different temp every day so sometimes they can't find instruments.
No stock control, you can start a procedure and then find out you don't have all the instruments/materials to finish it .
Depending on the branch, you will have empty diaries filled with a few cleans (no hygienist so dentist spends half of the day doing scales an polish).
No control over lab work, that can be left a few days in the clinic.
Materials ordered should arrive within 24h, but it can take from a week or more.
Chairs/Xray that don't work and takes about 2 weeks to repair, therefore you have to keep cancelling patients as you can't complete treatments...
Patients booked at 8am, but you have to wait in the door with patient until receptionist opens and the dentist will have to set up the chair and get ready the surgery (compressors, filters...)
Pros
You can meet nice people (staff)
Great workplace!
Lead Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire18 July 2017
I have been working for Centre for Dentistry for a year and a half now and I really enjoy it!
I am a dental nurse and - believe me - nursing here is like nothing else you have experienced before! But in a good way! Forget daily routine, you nurse but you also spend time at the reception and take an active part in marketing and bringing new patients in.
Environment is very vibrant and no two days are the same, which for me personally, is very important thing.
Management are great, very supportive regardless of circumstances you find yourself in and hard work is appreciated and rewarded.
I am very lucky to work with fabulous team and everybody gets on really well.
Practice itself is very modern and surgeries and decontamination room superbly equipped.
Company also has excellent training program in place.
I can see practice growing every day and it is really great to be part of it!
Pros
paid lunch break, lack of routine, bonus scheme, training
dentists are not fully booked
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 July 2017
They promise full book but then you have very limited number of patients and you end up working late and weekend for salary that elsewhere you can get working 2-3 days a week regular 9-5 hours.
totally not worth the hassle.
Supportive environment. Great team
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 June 2017
I started at the fosse park practice a month ago and so far I've only had positive experiences. The team have been fantastic and have helped me settle in to my new role. Management are very hands on and always available to help. Training has been great and everyone has taken the time to help me even when it's busy. Centre For Dentistry is a great patient focused place to work!
Pros
team, hours, pay, training
Cons
none so far
People focused, caring & innovative company
Head of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset24 May 2017
Centre for Dentistry is an innovative company, continuing to lead the way in changing the traditional face of dentistry. It's a great place to work, where ideas and contribution are valued.

It's a fast-paced environment, full of challenges and personal development opportunities. You are encouraged to work with autonomy yet surrounded by a supportive team of people who are all equally committed to growing the business and are more than happy to chip in. Patient service and care remains at the centre of every decision.

CFD management, especially the CEO, are hugely passionate about the business and that really shines through. This is a growing company with fantastic people in all areas of the business and exciting long-term career prospects.
Pros
People, Collaborative Environment, Ethos, Vision, Career Prospects, Salary
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North West16 May 2017
CFD is a great place to work. Not only are they the very best on patient care and giving the time in the chair that the patients deserve they are also great with the staff. The business has a great bonus scheme in place for the practice teams that can easily be achieved each quarter. They also pay the staff really well and appreciate the work that goes into the practices daily.
No loyalty to staff who have worked hard
Ex lead nurse (Former Employee) –  Merseyside30 April 2017
Unorganized company with management who cannot run a dental practice
manager was rude and could not work with staff
No loyalty to staffing
Replaced good staff sad to see it on the decline spent many days on my own as there was no dentist or no patients
all old staff have now left so it has gone down hill
Pros
Payments
Cons
Management, no loyalty to staff
Excellent Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset21 March 2017
Centre for Dentistry is a great company to work for, They have an excellent training and development plan for employees and they are committed to giving the best patient care I have experienced in the industry.
Great company to work for!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrogate9 February 2017
I have worked for Centre For Dentistry for just under two years now, and have loved it. The passionate ethics behind the business model shines through to all staff and patients. The experience I have gained so far is invaluable, with fast, fair progression opportunities and great bonus schemes. It's refreshing to work for a company who focus on quality over quantity and we really do put our patients and our staff first! Great company to work for!
Pros
Fab Management, Modern Dentistry, Flexible working hours
Lack of management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crobsy8 February 2017
This is a really bad company to work for the lack of management skills is awful and the area manager in liverpool has not got a clue what she is doing !!!
Run while u can
Pros
The pay and staff
Cons
Area manager, no developement, lack of commuication
Going down hill due to management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Merseyside14 August 2016
Sad to see a company with state of the art practices fall short due to bad management allowing good staff to leave.
As the saying goes, look after your staff and they will look after your customers.
Too much dictating, nothing ever good enough and no thanks in return.
Good pay but the hours and the way management treat you isnt worth it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours, doing every job other than your job role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Dentistry. Our community is ready to answer.