Centre for Dentistry Employee Reviews

Excellent professional standards
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset26 April 2018
I’ve been so impressed since joining CFD, my colleagues are all completely focused on delivering excellent patient care.

To be successful at CFD you do need to be able to work autonomously and to a very high standard, so it won’t suit everybody.

If you want to make a difference and develop professionally then I think CFD is a great place to work.
Pros
Free parking, accessible practices, good pay rates, flexible hours
Great company with some good opportunities to progress
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire26 March 2018
I currently work at the practice and have been there for nearly a year now. I started off as a trainee dental nurse and qualified in December last year. Couldn’t thank the practice enough for how much support they have given me during my time at the practice. All colleagues are great and fantastic support. Without the support of the management team I don’t think I would be where I am today.

The company has great opportunities to progress and develop your interests further from working with dentists who are interested in the specialist treatments to working with a specialist orthodontist and implantologist.

We take great pride in caring for our patients and putting them at the heart of the practice. We take great enthusiasm to ensure all our patients have a good experience with us.

The managment team and colleagues are passionate about working together to make a positive contribution to Dentisty.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next few years hold!
Pros
Parking, management support and passion, great colleagues to work with
29 March 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to post! We're delighted to have you on board at Centre for Dentistry as an important part of the Tamworth team. It's so rewarding for us to see our nurses progress through their training and become more and more confident in the surgery. We look forward to continued close working with you and your colleagues at CFD Tamworth to help keep our patients smiling with confidence throughout 2018 and beyond. Have a lovely Easter weekend! Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry

not a good place for dentist, very bad management.
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Calcot, Berkshire14 March 2018
I worked as an associate dentist full- time for a year. The management is the worst part of this company, they have cancel my day lists many times, I needed to give my surgery to the specialist (implants or orthodontist) at least 3 or 4 times a month.
It was very bad organised .
I wouldn't recommend anyone join this company if is looking for a serious job.
You will find yourself with so many managers that constantly change, and some of them can be very rude or just ignore you and don't give you any help at all.
Many of them don't have any clue how to run a dental practice.
The salary for dentist is low in comparison with other places and you need to do late hours and weekends.
They have very limited number of patients, even when they promise you will be fully booked it is not truth and you will end doing only exams and scale and polishes.
You end treating patients for free many times and you can go to work sometimes and not have patients booked at all, or just for few(1 or 2 patients in 10 hours) so it is a loose of time and money for the dentist perspective.
They pretend to be transparent but they are not, they are always paying below the sum that you are expecting and they don't even mind about the retainer that they promise you will have for the first year working for them.
they would tell you if there is any problem to contact accounts but they will totally ignore you and not giving you any solution.
many problem and no solutions!!
The dental chair has always problems, and the same with the screen and with the internet connection, so will end up working
  more... without computer many times.
this place don't worth the hassle.
Pros
free parking. convenient for shopping. nice colleagues.
Cons
management. low income for dentist. late hours.
21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We are lucky to work with some fantastic clinicians at Centre for Dentistry, many of whom have been with us since we started the company. Our clinicians are an important part of our team and we value each and every one of you!

Being a practice in Sainsbury’s presents a very different environment to that of the NHS and other private practices and we believe this represents a huge opportunity for the right clinicians. Our people and patients are our key priority, with patient care being that vital ingredient. We want our service to be accessible and convenient, which is why we are open longer hours, providing clinicians with flexibility and more time to see patients.

Through our friendly conversations with people in store, we are able to reach a large number of potential patients and increase awareness of our presence in store. This is proven as the best way for us to build a healthy book. Often, we find that dentists get involved and it’s a great, informal way to get to know potential patients!

We’re disappointed to read your comments about our management. We are here to support our clinicians and the wider team in practice in the best way possible. Whilst sometimes team members do move on, we always do our utmost to ensure team continuity. I would like to reassure you that all of our management team are hugely passionate about the company and working together to succeed.

We have a very hard-working support team who will always do their utmost to resolve technical faults and equipment faults as quickly as possible. Sometimes,  more... technology isn’t on our side and we do have to work together to deal with a situation effectively and ensure patient care isn’t affected.

We apologise if there are any outstanding issues regarding payments – please get in touch so we can look into this for you. Please email feedback@centrefordentistry.com with the details and we will resolve your query. Thanks again for your feedback as we are always looking to improve how we look after our team. Best wishes for the future from all of us at Centre for Dentistry.

Immature and unprofessional management
Dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Tamworth14 March 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time working at CFD, although there were aspects I did not enjoy like hassling Sainsbury's shoppers every hour and having to work out pointless daily targets that had to be met. Too much emphasis is put into getting new patients to sign up to the annual plan instead of valuing and keeping old patients. Although I worked hard every day and even did marketing in my own time I wasn't appreciated. The manager is very unprofessional and has not enough experience in working with people. I witnessed her on many occasions slagging off members of staff to other staff members. She even discussed sacking a dentist because she didn't like his attitude. Senior management need to look at the immature staff they are putting in managerial positions with too much responsibility.
Pros
Pay, free parking, good teamwork
Cons
Unrealistic targets, money oriented dentists, unprofessional manager
21 March 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working at CFD and we are pleased to have the opportunity to address some of the other issues you have raised.

Firstly, we recognise that being a practice in Sainsbury’s presents some challenges and is a very different environment to that of the NHS and other private practices. However, this also presents a huge opportunity to do things better. Our approach is all about patient care – with quality, convenience and affordability being key priorities. I would like to reassure you that our key focus remains looking after our patients and ensuring people have a great experience with us on every visit. Through our in-store activity and friendly conversations with people in store, we are able to reach a large number of potential patients and increase awareness of our presence in store. We believe it sends a great message that the dentist is accessible and not scary if someone from the practice is having a chat with you in store, perhaps offering advice on what toothpaste you might like to buy!

We’re disappointed to read your comments about your manager. We have some great people in the business and we ensure all our managers receive regular training and ongoing support. We would like to reassure you that all of our management team are hugely passionate about working together to make a difference in the dental industry.

We value all feedback and are always looking to improve how we look after our teams. I hope the above helps. If you would like to talk this through, we’d be  more... happy to talk to you. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. Best wishes for the future from all of us at Centre for Dentistry.  less

Really bad place to work for a dentist.
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  London15 December 2017
No management, staff changes every couple or 3 weeks.
No fixed nurses, just a different temp every day so sometimes they can't find instruments.
No stock control, you can start a procedure and then find out you don't have all the instruments/materials to finish it .
Depending on the branch, you will have empty diaries filled with a few cleans (no hygienist so dentist spends half of the day doing scales an polish).
No control over lab work, that can be left a few days in the clinic.
Materials ordered should arrive within 24h, but it can take from a week or more.
Chairs/Xray that don't work and takes about 2 weeks to repair, therefore you have to keep cancelling patients as you can't complete treatments...
Patients booked at 8am, but you have to wait in the door with patient until receptionist opens and the dentist will have to set up the chair and get ready the surgery (compressors, filters...)
Pros
You can meet nice people (staff)
Great workplace!
Lead Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire18 July 2017
I have been working for Centre for Dentistry for a year and a half now and I really enjoy it!
I am a dental nurse and - believe me - nursing here is like nothing else you have experienced before! But in a good way! Forget daily routine, you nurse but you also spend time at the reception and take an active part in marketing and bringing new patients in.
Environment is very vibrant and no two days are the same, which for me personally, is very important thing.
Management are great, very supportive regardless of circumstances you find yourself in and hard work is appreciated and rewarded.
I am very lucky to work with fabulous team and everybody gets on really well.
Practice itself is very modern and surgeries and decontamination room superbly equipped.
Company also has excellent training program in place.
I can see practice growing every day and it is really great to be part of it!
Pros
paid lunch break, lack of routine, bonus scheme, training
dentists are not fully booked
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 July 2017
They promise full book but then you have very limited number of patients and you end up working late and weekend for salary that elsewhere you can get working 2-3 days a week regular 9-5 hours.
totally not worth the hassle.
Supportive environment. Great team
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 June 2017
I started at the fosse park practice a month ago and so far I've only had positive experiences. The team have been fantastic and have helped me settle in to my new role. Management are very hands on and always available to help. Training has been great and everyone has taken the time to help me even when it's busy. Centre For Dentistry is a great patient focused place to work!
Pros
team, hours, pay, training
Cons
none so far
People focused, caring & innovative company
Head of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset24 May 2017
Centre for Dentistry is an innovative company, continuing to lead the way in changing the traditional face of dentistry. It's a great place to work, where ideas and contribution are valued.

It's a fast-paced environment, full of challenges and personal development opportunities. You are encouraged to work with autonomy yet surrounded by a supportive team of people who are all equally committed to growing the business and are more than happy to chip in. Patient service and care remains at the centre of every decision.

CFD management, especially the CEO, are hugely passionate about the business and that really shines through. This is a growing company with fantastic people in all areas of the business and exciting long-term career prospects.
Pros
People, Collaborative Environment, Ethos, Vision, Career Prospects, Salary
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North West16 May 2017
CFD is a great place to work. Not only are they the very best on patient care and giving the time in the chair that the patients deserve they are also great with the staff. The business has a great bonus scheme in place for the practice teams that can easily be achieved each quarter. They also pay the staff really well and appreciate the work that goes into the practices daily.
No loyalty to staff who have worked hard
Ex lead nurse (Former Employee) –  Merseyside30 April 2017
Unorganized company with management who cannot run a dental practice
manager was rude and could not work with staff
No loyalty to staffing
Replaced good staff sad to see it on the decline spent many days on my own as there was no dentist or no patients
all old staff have now left so it has gone down hill
Pros
Payments
Cons
Management, no loyalty to staff
Excellent Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset21 March 2017
Centre for Dentistry is a great company to work for, They have an excellent training and development plan for employees and they are committed to giving the best patient care I have experienced in the industry.
Great company to work for!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrogate9 February 2017
I have worked for Centre For Dentistry for just under two years now, and have loved it. The passionate ethics behind the business model shines through to all staff and patients. The experience I have gained so far is invaluable, with fast, fair progression opportunities and great bonus schemes. It's refreshing to work for a company who focus on quality over quantity and we really do put our patients and our staff first! Great company to work for!
Pros
Fab Management, Modern Dentistry, Flexible working hours
Lack of management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crobsy8 February 2017
This is a really bad company to work for the lack of management skills is awful and the area manager in liverpool has not got a clue what she is doing !!!
Run while u can
Pros
The pay and staff
Cons
Area manager, no developement, lack of commuication
Poor Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield26 June 2016
Absent Practice Manager, Rota continually changed, Left alone in practice for hours, No Dentist in for the hours advertised, Bonus as promised never materised. Poor staff retention. Management failed to recognise a 1st class Dental team over a poor PM though still use our group photo on the Website and we have all gone.
Pros
Convenient for weekly shop
Cons
Lonely
22 September 2016

We are always very sorry to hear that ex-employees have not had a positive experience while working with us. We encourage our staff to work with autonomy and we need staff that thrive on that challenge. We have a generous bonus scheme but the qualifying criteria has to be fair to loyal employees who go the distance. We have taken on board the comments about our website and have now recruited a Marketing Manager to bring the company profile up to date. When an employee feels so badly about the company they work for it is often better to part ways and here at CFD we genuinely wish all of our ex employees every success in the future.

A good company to work for, very high standards
Front of House & Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Essex7 March 2016
A good company although staff do need to be flexible. They are definitely trying to provide a good service and there is also backup for staff and progression and training also.
Pros
A good company to learn from
Cons
Unsociable hours & need to be flexible due to shifts
Productive, ethical, supporting
Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 March 2016
Great company to work for, provide training and good support team. Lovely dentists, nurses, foh and management to work with.
Pros
Support, ethical, training
Cons
7 days
Interesting Place to work
Registered Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crosby3 March 2016
Centre for Dentistry is a good company to work for, it provides you with opportunities to develop your dental nursing skills and also learn customer service skills. The role puts you into your local community by marketing the business. Marketing includes regular tannoy announcements in sainsburys store to advertise the practice and various offers they have, and giving out leaflets which allows you to interact with the public. The practice is a private practice and as well as general dentistry offers specialist treatments as well such as implants and orthodontics. Because all the practices are private it makes the patient experience so much better as our team is able to take time with the patients to help them relax and feel comfortable.
Since starting here I have also been able to visit local nurseries and schools and provide children with oral health education as part of my job role.
On the whole I am happy to be part of the centre for dentistry team.
Pros
Time with patients, pay scale, job role
long hours, no dentist working & lonely
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire28 February 2016
I worked for CFD for several months and found the hours very demanding, lonely and soul distorting.
I am very keen on keeping busy and working hard,however I don't think a dental practice should advertise as being open 7days a week and only having dentist / hygienist the about 40% of the time the practice is open which leaves staff alone a lot of the time.
I was told at interview that there would be a little promo work required, however I felt like a PR girl working for a bar in town; handing out leaflets in side sainsburys store, tannoys across the store hourly, dressing up in store and targeting sainsburys customer constantly.
My main concern is the management, after many years experience I feel that no dental practice can be ran from behind a laptop sending out constant emails. "Too many cheafs" as the saying goes.
2 March 2016

We are always very sorry to hear that ex-employees have not had a positive experience while working with us. CFD isn't for everyone, we need enthusiastic, committed team players who are passionate about what we can offer patients. A sense of humour often helps too! In an ideal world staffing would never be an issue, but even the most successful companies sometimes get it wrong. When an employee feels so badly about the company they work for it is often better to part ways and here at CFD we genuinely wish all of our ex employees a bright & happy future.

Only seem to care about targets and not so much the patients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol1 February 2016
I enjoyed some of my time at centre for dentistry until new management came in. Marketing is a big part of the job which included tannoy announcement and walking around the store (with a giant moler) trying to speak with the public. Due to being short staffed a lot this was hard to maintain marketing as well as be on the reception desk manning the phone and emails and building rapport with patients in the waiting room. The manager and area manager were very rude and would often shout abuse if targets were not met. I was often told to call patients and offer them last minute appointments if they had to have expensive treatment just so we hit target for the day. Most unprofessional company I have worked for!
Pros
bonus scheme
Cons
no lunch breaks, short staffed, rude management
2 March 2016

Sadly not every employee will feel as passionately as we do about the service we offer to our patients. In an ideal world staffing issues wouldn't be a problem for any company and even we get it wrong sometimes. Enthusiasm and a sense of humour are vital in this role, as a dental receptionist you are the first point of contact for all of our patients. Performance related bonuses are very generous & target driven but we always put patients' needs first. Unhappy patients don't come back and the team at Bristol have been hugely successful in building a strong, loyal patient book. Often if an employee feels this way it is better to part company, and here at CFD we genuinely wish all ex-employees a bright and happy future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Dentistry. Our community is ready to answer.