Centre for Dentistry

Centre for Dentistry Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews
quite a stressful place to work, head office are not always supportive, unrealistic targets set for bonus so you have no chance of getting a bonus. Also employing non dental to do certain jobs can make it hard work, communication is not great
A great place to work as long as you have passion for what you do.
great colleagues, helping one another , great technology and great working hours. l
Typically, you can expect a relaxed day working here.
I was required to learn CPR, an applicable life skill.

I enjoyed meeting and greeting new patients.
I was lucky to have a really good manager at my practice. However, other practices & higher management not so good - changed area manager 3 times during my time there. Repetitive store walks & tannoys to 'promote' the practice. Job quite repetitive, but having time to talk & get to know the patients was great. Saturday's were alternate, and two nights working til 8pm was ok.
worst management and higher management
the company does not know how to treat its employees well

quick staff changeover - so you never get to make friends at work
Overall nice place to work. Laid back atmosphere. The branch I was at had all materials and equipment in stock. Staff all pleasant. However, I was promised a full diary, in reality not enough patients to make it worth while, which was a shame. I’d recommend on a part time basis only.
Pros
Very well organised.
Cons
Not busy enough.
+ Good quality of materials, decent payment
- Poor organisation and communication between practice manager, area manager, head office,

- Nurses are changing very often and as a result, you end up doing things that you are not supposed and you are told to cover receptionist's, nurses' mistakes with excuses.
Sound fantastic but reality is far from
Managers with NO dental background , nurses changing all the time , like all corporates only focused on targets , low percentage for dentists and low fees to patients so have to work fast (like NHS) to make money. Don’t dare point out the flaws and failings or you’ll be told to go. Equipment is ok but stick low and often run out of essentials.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management and hours
2 October 2018
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us at Centre for Dentistry. We are proud to have a committed and stable senior management team - many of whom are qualified nurses and dentists with a wealth of experience within the industry. We're not all about targets - all of the team are passionate about making a real difference in the dental industry and we believe everyone who works at CFD shares this passion for delivering excellent patient care. That's certainly the ethos we want in all of our practices. Our people are our most important asset - from our skilled dentists and hygienists to our nurses, front of house and support team across the country. We aim to be accessible and affordable for patients, whilst ensuring our team are valued and hard work is both recognised and rewarded. We always aim to have the best possible equipment and run an efficient, effective stock system that is closely managed at practice level. We are always looking to improve our processes, service and how we look after our colleagues so if you’d like to provide any further details or if you’d like to talk this through with us, please do get in touch on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. We are sorry it didn’t work out this time but we wish you the best for your future career. Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry.
I have worked for CFD for 6 months and can honestly say it has restored my faith in dentistry. It is a small 'corporate' but the whole atmosphere and team is a personal and caring one. I have felt well supported, challenged and love the flexibility of shifts. Saturdays are required but the flexibility of time off in the week balances this out. The ethos of the company is inspiring and motivating.
I would recommend centre for dentistry to anyone. It is very well led and progression is there if you work for it.
Pros
The atmosphere, company ethos, paid lunches
7 September 2018
Good afternoon and thank you so much for your review. We really like to promote from within and we are delighted you are part of the team.

We know the shift patterns won't suit everyone but they do offer a great deal of flexibility to staff members and we are able to provide our patients with appointments that suit them!

Thank you again.
Shift work is good as there is a continuous pattern and the flexibility is a positive. The practice management is supportive, but the head office team has very little communication with you - unless your management
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
long weekend shifts
2 October 2018
Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We're pleased you were happy with the shift work and practice environment at CFD. It's great to hear you were well supported by your practice manager as well. Our team at Head Office - clinical, training, HR and marketing - do visit practices regularly so sorry if we've missed you on our visits. Our central Patient Care Team speak to practices daily as well to support on technical or customer service issues. Ultimately though, it is your practice manager who you will be in regular contact with and see on a daily basis, due to the nature and responsibilities of that role. We take on board your comments about communication as we are always looking to improve how we look after our colleagues. If you have any further suggestions or if you’d like to talk this through with us, please do get in touch on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. Thank you for being part of the CFD team and we wish you the best for your future nursing career. Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centre for Dentistry?
The best I’ve worked . Great team, the management are very helpful ,positive energy and very supportive. Opportunity for progress is open and they support you. They really care about the quality of staff and the company. I’m very happy being part of the team.
Pros
Progress, management, team, training, great environment.
7 August 2018
Morning! Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted you are part of the team, working to provide excellent service to our patients and improve their long-term oral health. It's great to have you on board and we look forward to helping you develop your career with Centre for Dentistry.
Bought in to the company by the CEO's Ethos and vision however, the reality was polar opposite and people disappeared without warning especially if you dared speak out or express an opinion which lost some amazing team members and practically all of the senior management team. Sadly your best was never good enough.
Pros
great equipment
Cons
no security and unpredictable CEO
2 August 2018
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us at Centre for Dentistry. We have a committed and stable senior management team who work closely with our CEO, Lisa Riley, to take the business forwards. Lisa and the team are passionate about making a real difference in the dental industry and we believe everyone who works at CFD shares this passion for delivering excellent patient care. We always seek to reward hard work and recognise the contribution our teams make every day. We are always looking to improve our service and how we look after our colleagues so if you’d like to provide any further details or if you’d like to talk this through with us, please do get in touch on feedback@centrefordentistry.com. We are sorry it didn’t work out this time but we wish you the best for your future career. Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry.
I have now been working at Centre for Dentistry for nearly 3 years now and it is by far the best company that I have worked for.
The management are amazing and so helpful with training when you first start work and helping you to develop your stills and customer service. Coming back from maternity leave can be daunting, but my manager and team were understanding and helped me to seltle back into the workplace.

The workplace environment is very friendly and you meet different people every day which all helps to develop your skills and knowledge.

I would highly recommend working for Centre for Dentistry as it is a great company to work for!
Pros
Management, Pay, Holiday, Free parking, Friendly team
I’ve been so impressed since joining CFD, my colleagues are all completely focused on delivering excellent patient care.

To be successful at CFD you do need to be able to work autonomously and to a very high standard, so it won’t suit everybody.

If you want to make a difference and develop professionally then I think CFD is a great place to work.
Pros
Free parking, accessible practices, good pay rates, flexible hours
I currently work at the practice and have been there for nearly a year now. I started off as a trainee dental nurse and qualified in December last year. Couldn’t thank the practice enough for how much support they have given me during my time at the practice. All colleagues are great and fantastic support. Without the support of the management team I don’t think I would be where I am today.

The company has great opportunities to progress and develop your interests further from working with dentists who are interested in the specialist treatments to working with a specialist orthodontist and implantologist.

We take great pride in caring for our patients and putting them at the heart of the practice. We take great enthusiasm to ensure all our patients have a good experience with us.

The managment team and colleagues are passionate about working together to make a positive contribution to Dentisty.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next few years hold!
Pros
Parking, management support and passion, great colleagues to work with
29 March 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to post! We're delighted to have you on board at Centre for Dentistry as an important part of the Tamworth team. It's so rewarding for us to see our nurses progress through their training and become more and more confident in the surgery. We look forward to continued close working with you and your colleagues at CFD Tamworth to help keep our patients smiling with confidence throughout 2018 and beyond. Have a lovely Easter weekend! Best wishes, Centre for Dentistry
I worked as an associate dentist full- time for a year. The management is the worst part of this company, they have cancel my day lists many times, I needed to give my surgery to the specialist (implants or orthodontist) at least 3 or 4 times a month.
It was very bad organised .

I wouldn't recommend anyone join this company if is looking for a serious job.

You will find yourself with so many managers that constantly change, and some of them can be very rude or just ignore you and don't give you any help at all.

Many of them don't have any clue how to run a dental practice.

The salary for dentist is low in comparison with other places and you need to do late hours and weekends.

They have very limited number of patients, even when they promise you will be fully booked it is not truth and you will end doing only exams and scale and polishes.

You end treating patients for free many times and you can go to work sometimes and not have patients booked at all, or just for few(1 or 2 patients in 10 hours) so it is a loose of time and money for the dentist perspective.

They pretend to be transparent but they are not, they are always paying below the sum that you are expecting and they don't even mind about the retainer that they promise you will have for the first year working for them.

they would tell you if there is any problem to contact accounts but they will totally ignore you and not giving you any solution.

many problem and no solutions!!

The dental chair has always problems, and the same with the screen and with the internet connection, so will end up working
 - more...
Pros
free parking. convenient for shopping. nice colleagues.
Cons
management. low income for dentist. late hours.
21 March 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We are lucky to work with some fantastic clinicians at Centre for Dentistry, many of whom have been with us since we started the company. Our clinicians are an important part of our team and we value each and every one of you!

Being a practice in Sainsbury’s presents a very different environment to that of the NHS and other private practices and we believe this represents a huge opportunity for the right clinicians. Our people and patients are our key priority, with patient care being that vital ingredient. We want our service to be accessible and convenient, which is why we are open longer hours, providing clinicians with flexibility and more time to see patients.

Through our friendly conversations with people in store, we are able to reach a large number of potential patients and increase awareness of our presence in store. This is proven as the best way for us to build a healthy book. Often, we find that dentists get involved and it’s a great, informal way to get to know potential patients!

We’re disappointed to read your comments about our management. We are here to support our clinicians and the wider team in practice in the best way possible. Whilst sometimes team members do move on, we always do our utmost to ensure team continuity. I would like to reassure you that all of our management team are hugely passionate about the company and working together to succeed.

We have a very hard-working support team who will always do their utmost to resolve technical faults and equipment faults as quickly as possible. Sometimes,
 - more...
Overall I enjoyed my time working at CFD, although there were aspects I did not enjoy like hassling Sainsbury's shoppers every hour and having to work out pointless daily targets that had to be met. Too much emphasis is put into getting new patients to sign up to the annual plan instead of valuing and keeping old patients. Although I worked hard every day and even did marketing in my own time I wasn't appreciated. The manager is very unprofessional and has not enough experience in working with people. I witnessed her on many occasions slagging off members of staff to other staff members. She even discussed sacking a dentist because she didn't like his attitude. Senior management need to look at the immature staff they are putting in managerial positions with too much responsibility.
Pros
Pay, free parking, good teamwork
Cons
Unrealistic targets, money oriented dentists, unprofessional manager
21 March 2018
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working at CFD and we are pleased to have the opportunity to address some of the other issues you have raised.

Firstly, we recognise that being a practice in Sainsbury’s presents some challenges and is a very different environment to that of the NHS and other private practices. However, this also presents a huge opportunity to do things better. Our approach is all about patient care – with quality, convenience and affordability being key priorities. I would like to reassure you that our key focus remains looking after our patients and ensuring people have a great experience with us on every visit. Through our in-store activity and friendly conversations with people in store, we are able to reach a large number of potential patients and increase awareness of our presence in store. We believe it sends a great message that the dentist is accessible and not scary if someone from the practice is having a chat with you in store, perhaps offering advice on what toothpaste you might like to buy!

We’re disappointed to read your comments about your manager. We have some great people in the business and we ensure all our managers receive regular training and ongoing support. We would like to reassure you that all of our management team are hugely passionate about working together to make a difference in the dental industry.

We value all feedback and are always looking to improve how we look after our teams. I hope the above helps. If you would like to talk this through, we’d be
 - more...
No management, staff changes every couple or 3 weeks.
No fixed nurses, just a different temp every day so sometimes they can't find instruments.

No stock control, you can start a procedure and then find out you don't have all the instruments/materials to finish it .

Depending on the branch, you will have empty diaries filled with a few cleans (no hygienist so dentist spends half of the day doing scales an polish).

No control over lab work, that can be left a few days in the clinic.

Materials ordered should arrive within 24h, but it can take from a week or more.

Chairs/Xray that don't work and takes about 2 weeks to repair, therefore you have to keep cancelling patients as you can't complete treatments...

Patients booked at 8am, but you have to wait in the door with patient until receptionist opens and the dentist will have to set up the chair and get ready the surgery (compressors, filters...)
Pros
You can meet nice people (staff)
Cons
I have been working for Centre for Dentistry for a year and a half now and I really enjoy it!
I am a dental nurse and - believe me - nursing here is like nothing else you have experienced before! But in a good way! Forget daily routine, you nurse but you also spend time at the reception and take an active part in marketing and bringing new patients in.

Environment is very vibrant and no two days are the same, which for me personally, is very important thing.

Management are great, very supportive regardless of circumstances you find yourself in and hard work is appreciated and rewarded.

I am very lucky to work with fabulous team and everybody gets on really well.

Practice itself is very modern and surgeries and decontamination room superbly equipped.

Company also has excellent training program in place.

I can see practice growing every day and it is really great to be part of it!
Pros
paid lunch break, lack of routine, bonus scheme, training
They promise full book but then you have very limited number of patients and you end up working late and weekend for salary that elsewhere you can get working 2-3 days a week regular 9-5 hours.
totally not worth the hassle.
Cons
I started at the fosse park practice a month ago and so far I've only had positive experiences. The team have been fantastic and have helped me settle in to my new role. Management are very hands on and always available to help. Training has been great and everyone has taken the time to help me even when it's busy. Centre For Dentistry is a great patient focused place to work!
Pros
team, hours, pay, training
Cons
none so far
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Dentistry. Our community is ready to answer.