Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust

Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Great place to work for placement year;

- Rotation of roles in each department (e.g. payables, receivables, management accounting)

-Supportive managers

-Good training

-Study support (70%)

-Good cover when on annual leave
My colleagues were collaborative and made the environment an enjoyable one. The care manager who I directly report too, was kind with an open door policy. She is a visionary care manager, who encouraged everyone to learn and develop.

The psychologist, is accommodative and always ready to support the team. I enjoy the weekly meetings were cases are discussed
Don't have much to say
I worked at different sites in CNWL consecutively.

I established an ECR service, managed their PICU and then worked in the community
• Sending out reports to senior management
• Good understanding of, Jade System, system one and Key watching systems.

• Security check before letting anyone in to building

• Sending letters and faxes to patients and services
Staffing shortages create very stressful work places , little to retain staff once you have joined . Pay office and HR very slow to respond to issues and pass you round and round until you give up . Stressful & frustrating an organisation which blames rather than learns and has little value for the staff on the ground . Promises a great deal but doesn’t deliver.
The interpreting service has now been taken over by private agencies. This was a huge loss for interpreters working with the service. It used to be an efficient and good service provider.
A hardworking caring team. Grenfell Trauma team is very well focused and driven group.

Therapy comes in different shapes and sizes and its one of the treatments that is apparent visibly.
Working with CNWL has been great, the company is well diverse with equal opportunities and lot of in-house training and learning development trainnings.
Pros
free provisions eg milk, sugar, tea and coffee.
Cons
place of work too far from my house.
Clinical duties - group and individual therapy

Serving a diverse population of individuals with multiple physical and psychological health difficulties

Good professional colleagues - working to a high standard
Very busy, every day different
Good team culture

Good line manager

Can be hard dealing with public

Very satisfying when you help someone improve

Learning experience opportunities
Pros
Team culture
Cons
Can be stressfull
I worked within an wonderful multidisciplinary team who exhibited and supported me to develop excellent communication skills. I felt that my efforts as a trainee were acknowledged and I was supported to grow as a practitioner
Learning
Training

Good hours

Chance to progress

Good team

Working with patients

Car parking was difficult

The best part of the job was the team working

Pros
Flexibility
Cons
CNWL is a great place to work. It's a place where you could expect to work with great knowledge and a wonderful team. Love the time being there. Worked at St Charles Hospital with challenging clients.
A challenging job to make speak easy with nob-technical people in oprder to resolve issues Most people are cooperative and helpful. Like all business' only a few are difficult
Assisted in contracts compilation and management. Constant use of telephone either receiving or initiating conversation to users of the service. Managing an online catalogue and outsourcing new suppliers for the trust to save money. Price checking where possible. Managing meetings and calendars. Handling my own personal area of work in terms of supplier engagement and business.
Pros
People, Places, Pay
Cons
Hours, Budget cuts
nice environment to work within. Nice friendly people. always had lots to do on a daily basis. would recommend anyone to join the team if they could as manager is still the same and she is lovely
CNWL Mental Health is a good place to work. It is a place were all the staff are happy to in.

Very good management

The opportunity to gain a knowledge of mental health and the clinical IT systems they currently use and the any new clinical systems they may use in the future.
I really enjoyed working at this Trust.
It was challenging in a positive way. There was lot of opportunity for skills based training with contributed to my development as a nurse.

I felt their was fairness in regards to assessing performance and opportunities for career progression.

I have not worked there for 9years but I can only hope it would be the same great experience for anyone joining today.
Pros
centrally located, well led, multicultural, great training department
Cons
busy environment, sometimes long hours
The staff on Ferneley ward were friendly, helpful and encouraging.
Very enjoyable place to work with fellow staff interested in your personal development.
Very driven organisation and good employer to gain experience in a large organisation.
Excellent quality of care delivered and takes patient safety seriously.
A very good organisation with good management and great work colleagues. A typical day at work is busy but rewarding. I've learnt a great deal and met wonderful people. Great work culture, friendly environment, supportive, approachable and helpful management.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
IT system is not great
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Job Title