Central Manchester University Hospitals

Central Manchester University Hospitals Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester4 reviews
Busy, rewarding, lots of opportunities
A very r busy unit demanding very dedicated staff. Great place to work, right at the heart of research and high risk care.
Pros
Lots of bank shifts available
Cons
Busiest unit in the north, often short staffed and running at capacity
fun to work at
it was a great first job, friendly and helpful staff and plenty of opportunities to learn. I have enjoyed working there through out the years and it has set the tone for the rest of my career. it built my confidence as I had to approach patients on a daily basis as part of the welcoming team.
Bullying in the Charity
The work itself is fun and rewarding, but the staff told me there were regular outbursts of anger from management, both written and verbal, toward individuals and the entire office. There is still high staff turnover due to the culture.
Pros
Working for a good cause
Cons
Being bullied by management
A lovely team to work with
A typical day at work would begin by reviewing patient blood results, making a list prioritising what needed to be done for my patients that day. Recording observations, administering medications, helping patients with essential care, liaising with the MDT as well as providing information and support to patients and their relatives.

Shifts are usually made up of long days starting from 07:30 and finish at 20:00. Night shifts also run from 19:30 to 08:00.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference to an acutely unwell patients as well as working in a friendly team.
Pros
Good support
Cons
Long hours, night shifts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Central Manchester University Hospitals?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Manchester University Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.
Central Manchester University Hospitals Reviews by Job Title