Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Initially an extremely good place to work but the last few years became more and more difficult.
Band 7 Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  London6 October 2016
A typical day was always busy but co-workers were great and we all worked well as a team.

I learned that change is inevitable and essential but that for change to be successful it has to be properly planned and managed. Continual change is also a problem as this does not allow procedures and practices to be firmly bedded in, firmly established so instead of properly planning and managing change a "crisis management" strategy takes hold and becomes the normal state. So change becomes thrust on staff who no longer feel any ability to influence decisions or feel any ownership of the change that occurs resulting in low morale, high stress and increased sick absences.

Management is a stressful, difficult role and often a steep learning curve. The loss of good, capable managers is inevitably felt by remaining staff. I had sympathy with the managers above me who I felt had been tasked with doing an impossible job and probably felt as powerless at times as the rest of the staff.

The hardest part of the job was being a manager (even at a low level of management) but a lot of that was due to continual change due to financial pressures on the NHS. This did not give staff the opportunity to become good managers - it felt like we were always delivering bad news while promising a better future that did not materialise.

The most enjoyable part of the job as a clinician was seeing clients improving their abilities. As a manager it would have been nice to be able to say it was satisfying seeing a motivated, happy team fully engaged with the processes of change going on around
  more... them resulting in rising standards of service delivery. For me this did not happen.

It has been well over a year since I left CLCH so some of my comments may no longer be valid. There is no doubt in my mind that all members of the organisation, from the CEO to the lowest grades wanted CLCH to deliver an excellent and outstanding service to the community they served, sadly this is very difficult, probably impossible to achieve without sufficient resources.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Continual change, crisis management, stress.
My philosophy and approach
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 September 2014
I strongly believe in order to achieve its overall goal of performance improvement training must lead to the enhancement of professional knowledge and skills both at individual and collective levels. It should also equip personnel to respond appropriately to emerging challenges. Training should also bring about appropriate changes in attitudes and should strive for that unique synthesis between improvement of the individual s competencies and promotion of organisational objectives.
Team Work
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom15 August 2014
The day begins with a review of urgent over night tickets and a prioritization schedule for the day ahead. Check any IT tickets nearing breach and assign to the team based on skills matrix and their outstanding tickets.

I learnt customer service, communication among other skills.

Management were not always approachable but employees were empowered to make decisions locally within agreed SLA's

Co-workers were a great resource and we could always bounce ideas off each other to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems.

The hardest part of the day was declining customer requests which did not fall under our Service Library.

The most enjoyable part was solving complex problems and hearing positive comments from our customers.
Pros
The ability to make local decisions without involving Senior Management
Cons
Not enough hours in a day.
Good
Admin, Reception, general clerical work (Current Employee) –  London, ENG8 April 2014
Busy environment, phones ringing often, with lots of patient bookings and cancellations that need to be done. With short breaks inbetween. The office environment is an up paced business district with staff competant and resilient when it comes to meeting goals and deadlines. This would be my most basic description of my work place.
Pros
Transport discounts, specs discounts, shopping discounts etc
A period of rapid change and service improvement
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 January 2013
A typical day would involve dealing with main priorities outlined by the Assoc Director. Varied role ranging from data submissions to DoH and other agencies, data analysis, PREMs, Business Planning and Performance Management.

I learned about some of the exciting work being carried out by staff and the huge programme of transformation being undertaken by CLCH.

Mainly dedicated, hard working and approachable managers, however from my experience some lack essential IT skills, which I believe is essential in this day and age if you want to be effective.

Hardest part of role was dealing with an abundance of unnecessary emails. Staff should have training on the use of email. Also colleagues not taking responsibility for their own tasks. I also feel that other staff are jealous of contractor's rates and found it the subject of too many discussions. Some administrators believe you should do their work, because they feel you earn too much......

Most enjoyable part of the job was completing the monthly performance improvement cycle and production of the monthly Newsletter.
Pros
flexible working although you do work long hours to get the job done
Cons
it is taken for granted that you will work late and i also feel that some people lack empathy