Central Employment Agency

Central Employment Agency Employee Reviews

I mainly did data input at a company in Cramlington. I enjoyed the work and would consider working for the agency in the future. The agency would ring when a job became available.
Loved working at Central Employment, I was only their for a little over a year, but thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. All the staff and management were lovely and very supportive. They always look to find ways of ensuring the staffs health and wellbeing and organise events throughout the year for team building and relaxation. If you g=have a great work ethic you will thrive in this agency.
Pros
Wonderful Team
Cons
Not flexi time
its a job agency so you get out what you put in. Always paid on time with no issues, the guys in the office are friendly and sort any issues you may come up against, probably the best agency I've worked for to date.
Pros
Contract at the end of period.
Cons
its minimum pay but weekly pay.
By far the worst agency I’ve worked for, poor communication from your designated recruiter and being kept in the dark about everything. Get paid the wrong amount of pay every other week, try and fob you off as much as they can, avoid at all costs.
Was asked to cover a short notice shift whilst in between jobs, it was agreed that I would be paid 4 hours minimum no matter how long it took. The job took 2 hours & I was only paid for 2. When I spoke to them they said that I would be paid what I was owed but I never got the money. Don't trust them they will lie to you.
Cannot fault this agency. All the staff I have had dealings with have been great. Prompt communication and payment. Always someone available to speak to. Its a shame some of the companies they place staff in dont prioritise treating people well the way Central Employment themselves do but you will always be looked out for by their staff.
I was not paid by this agency a while back due to them not giving me an induction and telling me to just go in. What followed was a 3 month period wherein they kept ignoring me and asking to call again in 2 weeks, in the end I had to threaten legal action to actually get paid, they still did not pay me the full amount. The moment I started complaining they stopped giving me jobs. Would absolutely not recommend working with these people as they are very dishonest/mean spirited.
Pros
They give you jobs.
Cons
Don't pay you.
If you don’t drive you’re screwed and once they’ve ticked their weekly quota of inductions you’re back to square one. Weirdly enough my little brother got a job through them but it’s zero hours. AKA a con
Cons
En cada uno de los trabajos he aprendido algo nuevo que me ha ayudado ha hacer mejor persona y a la vez ha desarrollar mas mis habilidades. He tenido la suerte de tener unos jefes geniales, profesionales pero a la ves comprensivos. En la tienda donde trabaje como dependienta mi función a desempeñar se trataba de reponer las estanterías de cosas que hacían falta , pero como soy una persona que aprende rápido mi jefe me dio la oportunidad de estar en la caja y así empece y en dos meses me hizo dependienta encargada , mi función era abrir y cerrar la tienda , contar caja , pedir pedidos e ir al banco algunas veces. Me considero una persona responsable que le gusta ponerse metas en la vida y aprender cosas nuevas por esa razón he trabajado un poco de todo.
Paying agency staff less than staff on permanent contracts who are doing the same job. Not paying agency staff overtime rates. Ignoring Agency Worker Regulations. This needs to be looked at because they don't care about their workers as long as they are getting their cut. Heartless money grabbing scum.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Where do I start... I was working for Vodafone getting paid regularly and left my job for GUARANTEED shifts at a local factory on my doorstep. Yeah guaranteed at least 1 shift a week. Promised shifts then a day before told you weren't needed. Overall in my time I was paid a total of £170 from Central. They will promise you this and that but never deliver. When you call them they promise a call back but that never happens. The guy running Multi Packaging Solutions (Andy Scott) was absolutely impossible to contact. I was told on 3 separate occasions that he was on holiday and non contactable for shifts yet a friend who works at MPS seen him at the factory. Honestly people DO NOT register with this agency they are absolute toe rags. Oh another thing!! The wage is absolutely rubbish. £7.50 an hour, no matter if it's days or nights for 12 hours. I could go on and on about the company and the staff but really it makes no difference. Try Meridian Business Support instead. Those guys know how to treat their employees...
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Rubbiah pay, incompetent staff, constant lies, no work. The list goes in.
They have a lot of big clients they have had for years. I was with them for nearly 5 years on different jobs and always thought they looked after me. Paid on time, easy to contact. People I worked with all thought the same - good agency.
Pros
Communication
Cons
I worked at a factory in team valley via a different agency for 2 years and got ripped off every week, after finally getting sick of it I moved to central doing my same job in the same factory. After 6 months I was taken on full time, something that was promised weekly by the other agency but it never happened. In the 6 months with central I was NEVER paid late, it was always the correct amount and got my holiday pay when I took them, what else do you want from an agency?
Pros
Paid correctly & promptly every week.
Cons
more focus on contracts with employers than their own employees. you do have the opportunity to for a once a week 1 2 1. But speaking up does not seem to be encouraged.
I am most impressed with their response rate and their ability to place excellent candidates, some of which have been given full-time contracts. The team are always on hand to offer any assistance I require, I would therefore recommend Central to anyone looking for support with their Recruitment needs.”
Pros
Operator Product
Cons
overtime
I have done this work for many years and know I am well ready for this role I am well use to meeting clients and organising my work love to apply my self to all task
Pros
Good hard worker
Cons
Following 2 months work at a pharmaceutical company in Cramlington, I feel I should leave this review for you to contemplate over. Number 1, I never relieved a clear answer to any of my questions.As soon as I signed their form ,I felt forgoton about.The job I was interviewed for , I was way over qualified to do it , having been a manager for 30 years in my previous job. The job Instruction was unclear and vague.What was supposed to be a warehouse job ended up being moving pallets from a to b , whilst their robots were off for servicing. After the 2 months were up , my colleagues were kept on in the warehouse, even though they no experience like myself. No answer ever came from central , and promises of another position never materialised. These people are only interested in you earning them money.Dont expect help or answers when things go wrong , because they are not interested.
Pros
Its work.
Cons
Dont expect them to find you any work.
ways to get rid of people making them work fast speeds which is stupid complete waste don't bother even getting a job in the warehouse, Poor place to work Very short lunch breaks
With different work placements it added to a variety. Though the work could be monotonous with heavy work loads it was a good source of employment. It also allowed me to expand my knowledge and experience in many fields of work.
Pros
Reliable to get work.
Cons
Monotonous.
This is the worst agency I have ever been with as they don't ever get back to you even when you've been to inductions they don't do nothing at all to help
Cons
Staff at Central Employment are friendly and look after the agency staff they send out, they keep regular contact and have often gone above and beyond to help people find work.