Centra Health Employee Reviews

Provide safe work environment
REGISTERD MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CMG office10 May 2018
Centra strives to provide safe and efficient work environment for workers and patients. I fill centra is dedicated to achieving above and beyond excellent standards for patient care.
Helpful in my development
Senior CAP Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA3 May 2018
Centra was very helpful to me in my development. They paid 80% of my school to become a BCaBA. They can be a little revolving door in terms of staff, but the bosses do their best. There can sometimes be a lack of accountability for staff.
Phys Rev Cycle
Claim Processor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA24 April 2018
Here at Phys Revenue Cycle we work Medical claims. Those claims come from all areas of Centra, family practice, hospital and even psych. The best part about working here is the schedule. They allow you to work a flex schedule as long as you do your 40hrs which can be Monday-Thursday, Tuesday-Friday etc. That's about as good as it gets. There's no room for growth in the dept, the management is horrible and there is absolutely no training! With no training means a lot of the work you touch, comes back. Work is monotonous and boring. In order to work a lot of the claims you have to get in contact with insurance companies, if you're looking for a job where you don't have to make phone calls this job isn't for you.
Pros
Flex Schedule
Cons
Management, Training
Great healthcare system to work with!
Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VA22 April 2018
Very competitive and up to date company to work for. They pay very well in reference to market value, and are a very up to date healthcare facility system. I would definitely recommend this employer and the department i worked in to a friend.
Pros
DIscounted food, Pto, good pay
Cons
Short staffing leads to overworking fulltime employees.
Cool
APEX CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA11 April 2018
I was given tasks and did them as soon as possible. I was once an end user at this company and being the person dealing with the technology side, I thoroughly enjoyed the knowledge process.
Would not recommend this Company to anyone
Troubleshoots phone calls from nursing staff (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA1 April 2018
I have no review to give this workplace. The management are yes people who do not care about right and wrong, but only about THEIR day going as smooth as possible
Good and bad
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA29 March 2018
As with most jobs there is good and bad. Job stability is good and there are really good people that you work with doing a lot of good for our community - which feels wonderful. Some managers are great but some are not so great - as with most jobs.

Benefits could be better but I'm thankful to have the benefits. It can just get frustrating at time as medical bills are getting so expensive these days and medical insurance is very expensive as well (and does't cover much). I guess at the end of the day, the job is what you make it out to be.
Pros
Co-workers, pride in job
Benefits
Poor phlebotomy management
Former phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, Va9 March 2018
Phlebotomist are underpaid. Day Management picks favorites, does not help on the floor when short staffed. Causes drama and keeps it going. Supposed to work front window but has techs doing out patients when they are needed on floor. New phlebotomist's are not being trained properly, are criticized by other staff members instead of being helped to the point where they don't stay.
Medical office environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA17 February 2018
Medical office daily patient interaction and computer data entry. Management in this particular office was not consistent. The office I was in is now closed.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
management
old vs new
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA12 February 2018
There comes a point and time when experience should count for something. New is more valued over old. Constant drama. If you are not part of a group outside of work you do not fit in. Punished for speaking up.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
constant drama
Interesting
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA11 February 2018
It was a good place to learn how to do the job, however it is disorganized. They definitely are in a shortage all around the hospital, not just with the nurses but the office staff as well.
Pretty Good company for the most part
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA7 February 2018
I worked for the company for about a year all was good for the most part great Co workers with your typical drama but that is every where you go. But the only thing I have to complain about is the Managing Director of Security is very incompetent in his abilities to run an effective department.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, food.
busy work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA1 February 2018
I was concern most of the time about the contact issue. Someone come on the floor daily with a contact issue and sometime the family wasn't so friendly
Pros
loot or hour time
Cons
bad scheduling
Poor managment
Nutrition Call agent (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA29 January 2018
I work as a nutrition aid. The management is awful. The scheduling is ridiculous. The only good thing is my co-workers who all feel the same way. There is absolutely no way to move up unless you are part of a family. They don't work too well with you. If you're sick, even if I'm the hospital on your death bed, it is counted against you - unless you're a supervisor. It can be stressful because no matter what happens, it's always our offices fault when it 9 times out of 10 is not.
Pros
Free $6 in cafe
Fast pace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA28 January 2018
Always keep copies of any agreement made with management or other employees.
Always be on time and kind to residents.
When necessary go in pairs in a room with rude residents.
Good experience
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  VA16 January 2018
Good team members, competitive products, company has huge potentials.Great co-workers, we have a healthy team environment. Excellent discounts for staff. Easy to get time off. We have great departmental managers, very approachable.
This is where I learned how to be a nurse
LPN Skilled Care Unit at Virginia Baptist Hospital (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA4 January 2018
Hospice and palliative care. Management was great. Could be very depressing at times but at the same time rewarding.
I had excellent nurse training in this position which molded me into the nurse that I am today. I had to leave this position d/t not having enough hours and not getting paid. Also working 3rd shift was tough.
Pros
Being able to make a patient comfortable and making an impact on their life before passing.
Cons
Working 3rd shift.
Love helping people
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA4 January 2018
It is a fun fast paced environment. You learn a lot working there and if you continuing your education in the medical field it helps you a lot. The hardest part of working there is that it can get overwhelmed at times and you could sometime work through your break. the most enjoyable part of the job was just helping people and knowing that some really appreciate what we do.
Centra Health is a good company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA27 December 2017
Overall, Centra Health is a great company to work for. The benefits are good, the pay is decent, it is organized, and the CEO keeps the employees up to date on matters. Most people look for perfection at a work place. No where is perfect, but I can say I have worked for several companies and Centra Health is the best.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours, PTO time, etc.
Cons
If the census is low, you may get called off “not needed” and be forced go use PTO or not get paid for those hours.
Great managers.
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA16 December 2017
Transcription was done at home the last year and a half so that was great. Before that, at the hospital, had a great manager and great co-workers. Monitor tech was 12 hours a shift and it was a new position for me. Manager did not think I was a good fit for the job, but she was really nice and tried to find me something on the unit, but there were no office positions, only CNA positions so was let go. She offered a reference if I needed it. Good place to work.
Pros
Good managers, more time off the longer you work there.
Cons
Pay was lower than average.