Center Parcs Employee Reviews

avoid
barista (Former Employee) –  Elveden, Suffolk4 April 2019
Must say at first the job was fine but that was just the honeymoon period once that was over it was all down hill. i work in the Starbucks
i must say ive never knew a poorly ran business too many managers working none of them communicate with each. the training is poor each day a manager would train you how to do the job the next day a different manager tell you that its wrong and need to do it a different way. coffee machines always broken down but would not be allowed to put a sign up to tell guest, so when they come to order and have to broke the news to them they would get angry at you. you would into trouble if you change the guest order they placed which i found out first hand after i was suspended for this. i was discrimination for being dyslexic so i would avoid if you are to
Pros
day passes
Cons
poor management/ Discrimination against people with learning diffculties
It keeps you fit and healthy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Thetford29 March 2019
I think working at center parcs kept me fit and healthy because I was always active like riding a bike to my villa then get there and then cleaning the villas
Pros
Pass to come as a family and do activities
Cons
Short hours
Sports Cafe, Fairly nice place to work
FOH Staff (Current Employee) –  Sports Cafe, Sherwood23 March 2019
Sports Cafe in Sherwood has an Amazing and friendly team of staff. Some managers are friendly and relaxed some are strict. If your looking for long hours and to work alot, other staff are happy to give you a shift of theirs. No free food. Only 25% discount unless its at Staff Dinner that only opens 11-4:30. (£2.20 for a meal and takes 5 minute walk there and back) Monday and friday mornings always very busy. You will work alot in the summer and they have no air con! They also have no heaters for the winter and dont allow you to wear visable underlayers.
Pay is decent. Currently going to £8.50 ish and always pay you just above NLW of a 25 year old weither you are 25 or under! you have to work christmas or new years or BOTH but get Tripple pay for doing so between certain hours. Very strict on uniform and also are not allowed unnatural coloured hair. You will be expected to work til early morning (1-2am sometimes) when Boxing is on TV on saturdays if it lasts longer than one round.
Car park is madness and never has enough spaces. Always go early to ensure you have a space as you could be walking from security which is easily a 7-10 minute walk.
Gets very Busy. Long hours. Get only 30 min break when you are entilted to an hour (10+ shift) and food is expensive when staff diner isnt open. You can be expected to do a 11:30 or later finish and still start as early as 8 or 9 but that was uncommon for me. Though HR claimed they were doing us a favour.
Benefits include free day passes, cheap spa passes on monday to thursday and free activities if theres no more than 2 people.
  more... Also 1 60% off a villa a year but only allowed the lower standard villas to do this.  less
Pros
Staff are friendly, Some managers are friendly, lots of benefits. Pay is good.
Cons
Long hours, some managers are strict, strict uniform
Expect too much
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Warminster11 March 2019
I worked at Center Parcs for 18 months. As time went on more and more was expected from you in such a short space of time. It was impossible to clean the lodges to the expected standard with the time allocated for each lodge. Teams can be very clicky meaning people were not treated fairly. The salary is terrible for what is expected of you and they treat you like kids.
Pros
Day passes
Cons
Poor management. Poor salary, lack of organisation and planning
Oppressive and backward management culture with no appetite for ideas or innovation.
Central Buildings Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumbria26 February 2019
If you like long meetings, paper pushing, superficial auditing and management systems, micro management, waste, inefficiency and a lack of desire to change and improve then you will fit in well at CP. Don't attempt to highlight any concerns or put forward any ideas as these are not welcome and as it turns out, can result in instant dismissal. "Leaders who do not listen will soon find themselves surrounded by staff who have nothing to say" ..which is a shame because they have some great people working there who have a lot to contribute if management would only open there minds.
Pros
Good loyal committed staff
Cons
Management culture, antiquated and inefficient systems, ineffective leadership.
Lovely workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elveden, Suffolk23 January 2019
Center Parcs was a really fun and enjoyable job. Every day was different as new guests were constantly coming to the park. Everyone I met from different departments were just as friendly as those that were in my own.
fun place to work
cook and front of house - Daily tasks (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent23 January 2019
i worked for a company called ssp that was bassed in centre parcs, i never actually worekd for centre parcs itself but my work place was bassed there, centre parcs looks to me like a fun place to work and id be hopefull of going back one day
Great place to work and lovely people
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk20 January 2019
Really nice place to work and ive found the management to be helpful and supportive.
The wages are not great, however they do offer some good company perks.
Pros
Friendly supportive place to work
Cons
Very hard work for the time frame so not for everyone
Nice workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Woburn, Bedfordshire13 January 2019
Enjoying working in public areas on the early shift. The work is as expected, cleaning restaurants, hoovering, toilets, venue and doing odd jobs. Great people on the team who I have had no issues with and have made me feel welcome. Would recommend applying for the job if you're young as a stepping stone job or older just looking to keep active and working.
Pros
Active, pleasant team
Cons
Repetitive
Work perks are great but everything else is not worth it
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wobu19 December 2018
I enjoyed working with the public areas evening team and met some lovely people but management was a joke.
The communication of management with staff was not great.
The hours I worked were 9.30pm -12.30am.
I asked for overtime as they were using agency staff because they were short but my request got refused and I had issues with a particular member of staff being nasty towards me.
I reported it and tried to follow the policy process but I got response from management like “well you don’t want this person to have to lose their job” I mean wow talk about having unprofessional supervisors that have no tact.
The only thing that made it what it was working here was the benefits. The pay is shocking and what you do and how you get treated it so not worth it. House keeping higher management is terrible.
Pros
Day passes
Cons
Shift pattern is not great and house keeping management are set is their own ways
Don’t bother
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sherwood28 November 2018
Some Good girls. Some think they above you..Low moral.. lazy supervisors. Reported for sitting on their bum whilst the rest of us worked .. if your face fits you’ll be ok!
Pros
Perks
Cons
Poor management
not what it used to be
engineer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, Nottinghamshire22 November 2018
was a great company to work for now killing the golden goose now led by greed on a epic scale london prices in all resturants and bars staff treat badly rota changes on a whim familys left to pic up the pieces rude management now a awful place to work looking for new employment on a daily basis
Pros
not many
Cons
loads
Productive workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Longleat Forest19 November 2018
This role involved preparing/cleaning the holiday lodge to the professional standard and also creating a personal relationship with the guests; welcoming the guests to their lodge and seeing them on a day to day basis, attending to their needs and queries.
This job definitely improved my customer service skills as you interacted with guests on a daily basis, handling both happy guests and those who had issues with their accommodation.
Pros
Free Day Pass to the park.
Cons
Low pay
Great people, great environment, mostly poor prospects
F&B Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whinfell Forest8 November 2018
With a total of over 5 years experience working for the company (dating back to 2006), I have seen the company grow and change substantially. It certainly has gone from adopting a more fun and casual approach to business management to behaving like a large (and often bureaucratic) company. Everything about the way the company operates is highly structured and driven by procedures and processes.

The interaction with so many people is a real bonus if that's what you're after. You'll also find yourself in a very busy environment across most of the year, so the company suits people who like to keep busy. The perks are fantastic, with free use of many on-site facilities for you and your friends/family, and employee discounts across a range of Center Parcs and third-party products/services. Communication across the company across all levels is decent and regularly improving.

If you have ambition and a genuine passion for the industry, I'd certainly recommend proceeding with caution as often nepotism and brown-nosing gets you ahead in this company more than commitment, experience and skill. I have seen an external candidate with zero hospitality or management experience hired into an AM1 (deputy venue manager) role. I have seen numerous people with toxic personalities and poor work ethic rise through the ranks -- often with minimal prior experience, too. I have seen AM2's (middle assistant venue managers) with poor organizational skills and little knowledge of how to do many aspects of the job. I have seen someone who liked to spend all shift hiding in the office chatting to
  more... managers somehow achieve Star Performer and get promoted. It's not to say that there aren't many capable managers, it's just that often high-performing employees are blocked from any form of progression simply because they focused on doing the job well rather than going out drinking with the boss. I believe a contributing factor behind this is the fact that contribution reviews are rarely done, are open to bias (purely subjective grade given by manager) and are crucial to promotion.

Center Parcs is still a great place to work if you:
1. lack ambition and just want a fun, minimum wage job with rock-solid job security and a high degree of flexibility around your life commitments,
2. lack ambition but genuinely enjoy the environment and meeting and working with many different people,
3. have ambition and incredible networking skills to snake and two-face your way up, or
4. have an impressive background with qualifications to boot to land a position in senior management and don't mind dealing with red tape or putting out fires all day long.
Pros
Incredible culture among employees, numerous perks, solid job security
Cons
Can be a passion/ambition killer for anyone serious about the industry
Lifeguard- Great pay/benefits- if you don’t mind hating every minute of your job for them
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire3 November 2018
The pay we receive is great for a young person looking for their first job or while at university. Also, you get a number of good benefits, including day passes to visit Center Parcs, a decent amount of holiday, a Shared Success scheme, sick pay after a years employment and discounted breaks. HOWEVER, while this does sound amazing, all these benefits are definitely NOT worth working at Center Parcs. The management is probably one of the worst in the UK, they are disorganised, disingenuous and do not care about their staff. They will refuse to reply to emails if it means they will have to put any sort of effort in to help you, and if you are a student they will always get your rota wrong so that your shift clashes with your education. Furthermore, they often underpay, which then forces you through the hassle to get this money back, which is difficult, and then if you do get the money back you have to wait until next month to get the money anyway, which is frustrating if you need the money for example to pay rent. Guest enjoyment is always put ahead of the safety and care of their employees, as the management do not understand the concept of happy staff equals happy guests. They also do not provide enough PPE to do your job safely, and also do not allow you to bring your own clothes to wear outside when lifeguarding the outdoor areas because “it looks unprofessional”, and so you are freezing in low temperatures because they only provide you with a few poor quality coats which are all broken and cannot be done up. Finally there is no real career ladder in these career, and the  more... management only tend to promote people they like, plus the fact that you must be full time to get a promotion.  less
Pros
Day passes, a decent amount of holiday, a Shared Success scheme, discounted breaks, good pay
Cons
Poor management, poor shift times, often underpaid, not enough PPE, no career ladder
Lovely place and team to work with.
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elveden, Suffolk28 October 2018
My role as being a waitress within the national company Center Parcs at an American themed restaurant, Hucks, involves high responsibility of providing guests with high quality service. I have learnt to work under pressure and am responsible for taking orders, serving food and beverages, food preparation, meet and greet, cash/card handling using MICROS system and training new members of staff. This job has helped me develop a higher level of social skills within a diverse environment and develop my communication skills, including dealing with complaints at a high profession to deliver excellent service. As part of the job, I have achieved training on their ‘DES 90’ scheme to provide guests with a memorable experience at Center Parcs. Over the period of time I have worked there, my duties have changed from being food preparation staff, to being a fully trained member of the team by doing bar work and being a waitress.
Pros
20% off, day passes.
awful
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  sherwood28 October 2018
started ten years ago was a good company not so good now lost most off the decent staff and had to replace them with not so good characters that have ruined the place with there constant winging and dubious actions hard now to get decent people because off the bad reputation nowdays always changing things mostly for the worse people in managment positions that dont have a clue need to have a family member in managment to advance anywhere so sad what it has now become
Pros
not many
Cons
99 per cent off the place
Amazing Benefits
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, Nottinghamshire23 October 2018
Great company to work for, Good management that was always helpful. Customers can be stuck up, but that is standard in most places. Benefits are also very good but pay is not amazing until far up the ladder.

Also a lot of room for progression if you are wanting to further within the company.
Pros
Benefits, Management
good benefits
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 October 2018
Good perks
provide transport
subsidised canteen
opportunity to work overtime.
discounts throughout the park in shops
free day passes for family and friends
Fun and rewarding
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwinstowe10 October 2018
I loved my time in the Indian at Center Parcs! Great staff and lovely environment to work in. Management was great and the benefits you got for working for the company were second to none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Parcs. Our community is ready to answer.