Center Parcs UK & Ireland

Center Parcs UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

United Kingdom303 reviews
They are a good company to work for lots of benefits however unless your face fits you won't progress honestly it doesn't matter how good you are actually the worse you are the more likely you'll move up . Also there are too many chiefs not enough Indians and head office rules despite having no idea what happens on ground floor brand is great but different parks require different things.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
To much interference from head office
Working for Center parcs is great fun, they have managed to get a great balance between work and home life and give lots of fab benefits for working with them. There are lots of opportunities for recognition and they make you feel very valued as a team member.

I worked in the spa but mixed with lots of departments across the village and everyone seemed to have the same vibe of the place!
Pros
good perks, appreciation, fun teams
Cons
hard to get to without a vehicle
Unfortunately although lovely people the pay is poor and the management are not very well organised but the location is beautiful and the scenery amazing
I started here as a lifeguard 5 years ago and never intended to make a career out of it. But here I am 5 years later and I am a manager here and have been for 18 months now. Progression opportunities are brilliant and the training/development plans for the staff members that are keen and willing are brilliant.
Great place to work.
Very good wage.

Can be tough and tiring at times.

Lovely and welcoming people to work with.

Plenty of training provided before being thrown into the work.
I found Center Parcs to be a good employer, they expect you to work hard but they look after you all the way. The offer comprehensive training and offer opportunities to further your career
Pros
Good benefits, only 9 hrs a week
Cons
High expectations and hard work
Very hard work for really bad wage. One perk is being able to use facilities when allowed. No extra pay for bank holiday Christmas or new year.
Treatment of staff and work load very unreasonable.

Very clicky atmosphere.
This place has a great atmosphere and everyone are great team players. I havent been there long but feel like I've been there forever as youre made to feel right at home and part of the CenterParcs family.
Pros
Day passes
Cons
I worked for center Parcs for around 2 years.
I gained a lot of experience in the hospitality industry. They have a range of contracts and hours to suit everyone.

Mostly management are great. There isn’t much opportunity to progress and was made lots of offers that weren’t kept to.

The company does really care about its staff and has great bonuses and discounts schemes. Great perks
Good place to work, nice and relaxed, good management great benefits with 20 percent off lodges and goods sold on site. Center parks look after their staff well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Center Parcs UK & Ireland?
Interview was hard but once through that, you have intense training. Perks of the job are amazing. Lots of free stuff for employees at the parcs. Good atmosphere to work in. Quite stressful on intake and leaving days, but helps the day go fast.
Pros
Perks, good pay, nice surroundings to work in.
Cons
Work hours, not much work/life balance.
Good work environment that encourages team work.
Shifts generally well organised with rest days

Focussed on guests experience and safety.

Some issues with team management
This company are literally only bothered about money instead of the welfare of staff. Expected to work as robots rather than having youre own personality.
Center PARC's,should be a great place to work,but the reality is that it really isn't,there are far to many managers and not enough worker's on the shop floor.
The senior management are responsible for making decisions that in my opinion they are not qualified to do,they largely consist of the culling of staff to get the payroll down!!
Worked as an outdoor activity coach, was really fun. Days were pretty long and tiring but that should be expected in that role. Was great having your work appreciated by people having a fun session
Pros
Free days at center parcs
Working at Center Parcs is fun as you get to see the guests interact with them and the other staff there is loads of people there and can get busy at times.
As the saying goes, too many chiefs, not enough Indians. The process to make change is exhausting. The management structure prohibits progress and they have their hands tied. I understand it's a big company with a lot of liability but sticking with a process for fear of the unknown seems foolish to me.
Pros
Great people, good benefits with respect to access of the parks.
Cons
Lack of direction within departments.
Fantastic - like all jobs there are pros and cons - however, Center Parcs pros really weigh out the cons in my opinion. The opportunities to develop are all there, you get out what you put in.
Love it!
Pros
Benefits, development and staff
Cons
Some under staffing in areas
The way CenterParcs is run is phenomenal, I couldn’t say a bad word about the place. Always making sure the work load was okay for me and I really appreciated that from such a large company.
Sometimes days can be long but normally enjoyable
Very team oriented

Hardest part was dealing with rude and self entitled guests but didn't happen very often, most guests were really friendly and easy to deal with.

Friendly staff all over the park and also comes with great benefits!
Overworked and underpaid, unrealistic expectations and standards for time given. No support from management. This place is the worse ever place to work! If you like your mental wellbeing and physical wellbeing this is not the job for you!!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Parcs UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.