Celtic Manor Resort

Celtic Manor Resort Employee Reviews

United Kingdom108 reviews
a typical day at work would be fun or really stressful depending on the event and the amount of people. i learned how to deal with customers and how to work independently.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful
Only my relocation made me leave here, since then I've gone from one dead job to another looking for similar qualities in a job that no other employer can compete with.
Pros
Dead easy job with plenty of perks
Cons
Mainly unsociable hours but that's hospitality.
Excellent work atmosphere, good training is provided. The job is very demanding and the hours are usually quite long so there’s not much time for yourself.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Hourly rate
Not a bad place to work with a lot of different but friendly faces. Some good benefits included in the job role. Overall a good community and environment to work in.
If you prepared to work and want a career in hospitality this is a great place to learn and also to bring in your ideas to advance your department. Work hard and efficient for the team and it will be seen It is a very busy place
Pros
Great further development is offered take up or ask for it, canteen food in Resort is good and included, lots of great benefits in general, have a good plan and present it well and you will be listened to, lots of friendly people
Cons
A few people are too long there, therefore do not want to accept required change, to advance work of individual positions and the department
Horrible toxic environment. Management paid well but line staff paid terribly very unsocial hours with unfair rota system and toxic environment. HR are lovely and try to support
Horrible place to work, long hours with very little time off and managers do nothing but take all the thanks for your hard work. Senior management was very good but under him was not good.
SEEMS a nice company to work for but as time goes on you see the true colours of management and other drones further down the line. The whole structure and fabric of the place relies on snakes and rats in every corner.. management has only ever become management in this place by merely stepping on toes.. and tell tailing. No room to expand only way to show willingness is to be fake and smiley and stab people in the back at any given chance. Maintenance seem to do very little work always hiding in office area or changing a bulb atmost. Avoid snakes unless you are 1 is my advice
Had to cover agency for cleaning, At first was difficult, however the following weeks getting to know staff and the building have been very accommodating.Its very hard work but also rewarding. Management work so hard and are extremely supportive, it's a great place to work.
Whilst the cheap rooms and discounted restaurants are a nice perk, working 8/10 shifts in a row just because they can rota you like that and unapproachable management makes the perks seem quite lame in comparison. some of the staff were nice to work with, but overall the job would only suit someone who wanted to be married to their job. Poor wages and being short staffed all the time takes its toll too. Also, the management (from my experience) dont mind partaking in idle gossip and often talk about their staff to the team when they aren't present.
Pros
Cons
Too many shifts in a row, two faced management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Celtic Manor Resort?
It is an alright place to work for as long as you don't have a family ....or you are extremely flexible. Would recommend working here as long as the above doesn't apply to you.
Pros
free lunches....not the best
Cons
Appalling rate of pay here surely with the cost to stay at this place they can pay more than minimum wage?¿
80% of the workers are foreigners that seem to be happy getting peanuts for pay nevermind brexit will sort this 😆
Pros
Free food
Cons
Appalling pay
We have some exciting opportunities for eager and enthusiastic Casual Food and Bar Associates to join our team at ICC Wales.
You will be part of a large team of staff who help us deliver all these events. The nature of ICC Wales ensures that no two days are ever the same, you have the chance to experience and be part of some fantastic events and to make a whole new network of friends.

The role requires a good eye for detail to ensure that the highest standards of service are delivered as part of the customer's seamless journey through the Resort. You will need to be an excellent team player, have good communication skills, a passion for delivering high levels of customer service, possess a professional attitude and have high standards of presentation.

Previous experience is preferable however additional training is provided for the right candidates
With a large and great team to work with, plenty of opportunity to move around internally between different departments. A good place to start and progress in a hospitality career.
Pros
Free Lunches and Good Discounts
Cons
Long hours / weekly rota
I worked here in Housekeeping Two supervisors were great . Some others were quite nasty . Shortage of Maid trolleys , hooverrs . Staff not sharing equipment and bullying from management and other housekeeping associates. I often ended my shifts being upset by how some other staff spoke to me no respect .
I was pleased to be offered a job with the Celtic Manor. My idea of how it would be was quite different to the reality .
It was ok job didn't last very long. I was looking for another job due to it being 0 hour contract. I now have experience for support worker job. I'm open to anything.
Whilst the pay was alright, the hours were long, staff are over worked and exhausted, and there was a definite hierarchy when it came to favourite staff and management. My contract was completely disregarded. I was worked over my contracted hours, given as little as 9 hours between full shifts and not given breaks unless I was working over 8 hours that day. Do not bother working here, it's not worth it
When i worked there it had a couple of turnarounds of management. They did not have any clue on how to run departments, could not control staff, Lots of lazy staff getting away with everything and causing trouble amongst peers, management letting them get away with it. On the plus side there is new management and apparently she supports her staff, so there is less problems than I had. So give a shot if you are prepared to work.
Pros
good perks, good place to work if you have a good team
Cons
bad management no support whilst i worked there.
Amazing working here, have learned a lot since being there, the management is amazing and they are very professional. Everyone has quite a buzz around them!
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Non really
'easy to learn new things and easy to complete jobs in a certain time space,the hours wer very flexible and also the job was very enjoyable after getting to know the staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
stressful
I was only there for 2 weeks at first all seemed fine the first week was full on training way to much info in such a short time then you were put straight into your department for even more info to be chucked at you I was lucky had one manager who was amazing made me feel like I meant something then the next shift had another manager who expected me to know everything straight away knowing full well I was new.
I made the choice to leave as when I applied for the position wasn't advertised as working to different jobs and wasn't advertised as constant night shifts then when I eventually left I sent a polite email explaining the reasons why I left but noone bothered to call/text or email me to see how I was or what they could do to help just shows they don't care about their staff won't recommend or work there ever again glad I realised what they were like before it was to late.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Expecting to much for little money