Celtic Manor Resort Employee Reviews

Fun place
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Newport6 May 2019
Amazing working here, have learned a lot since being there, the management is amazing and they are very professional. Everyone has quite a buzz around them!
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Non really
enjoyable work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newport8 April 2019
'easy to learn new things and easy to complete jobs in a certain time space,the hours wer very flexible and also the job was very enjoyable after getting to know the staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
stressful
Bad experience
Bartender and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport4 April 2019
I was only there for 2 weeks at first all seemed fine the first week was full on training way to much info in such a short time then you were put straight into your department for even more info to be chucked at you I was lucky had one manager who was amazing made me feel like I meant something then the next shift had another manager who expected me to know everything straight away knowing full well I was new.
I made the choice to leave as when I applied for the position wasn't advertised as working to different jobs and wasn't advertised as constant night shifts then when I eventually left I sent a polite email explaining the reasons why I left but noone bothered to call/text or email me to see how I was or what they could do to help just shows they don't care about their staff won't recommend or work there ever again glad I realised what they were like before it was to late.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Expecting to much for little money
I have made friends while i was there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newport10 February 2019
I did like working there at first, but they ain't a very good company to work for they don't care about the employees which is sad, I have made a few good friend which I still keep in contact, i wouldn't work there again
Pros
You do get free lunch
Cons
Can be long hrs
Great place
PUBLIC AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Newport6 January 2019
Great place to work, learnt a lot whilst i was there . always had jobs to do which keeps you on your toes.
Management in all areas are friendly and always around to help if needed even if its not your area of work.
If your wanting a fast pace job which keeps you busy from the start of your shift until the end then this is the place to work.
Over the 4 years that i worked there i grew in confidence which has helped me so much and has got me to where i am now.
i enjoyed every part of my job and all the friends i made .
Working for the Celtic Manor also has a lot off opportunities in building yourself to aim higher with a wide range of courses.
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newport7 December 2018
Spent almost 2 years working as a bartender. It's a lovely place to work and very fast paced. The management are nice dependant on where you work. Excellent part-time job for a student.
Pros
flexible
Very Political
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport9 November 2018
Typical day at work varies, but is usually always under staffed and stressful.
Learned a great deal about how to manage a team and the guests we encounter during my time there.
Some managers are excellent, some are only out for their own personal progression themselves and walk over anybody in their path to get there.
Workplace culture is poor, lots of politics, favorites, the hardest workers are not usually the ones being rewarded for their efforts as somebody else takes the credit.
Hardest part of the job is lack of resources and investment to maintain a 5-star standard service.
The most enjoyable is the team we work with in our department.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
politics
Not enjoyable
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Newport30 September 2018
Irregular shifts. Shifts often cancelled. Unpleasant manner of many managers. High turn over of staff. Poor training, but high expectations. Disappointing experience.
Pros
Meeting a range of people from around the world
Cons
See above
Average
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport18 September 2018
I had a lot of issues within this placement. Training which was promised to be given was never given. Thrown into the deep end and had to learn vert fast without knowing what to do. Management and full time employees were very rude at times. However a few were very good and helped me achieve the experiences i wanted while working here. The job taught me how to work in a fast paced restaurant and be able to serve wines correctly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Rude employees
Lovely resort.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Newport19 August 2018
The Celtic Manor is a very welcoming resort with lots to offer. I spent my time here one evening, photographing a charity ball event held in one of the suites at the Celtic Manor. The job was for an external client to the resort.
productive and fun place
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport14 August 2018
a lot of things to lern from great people.great culture excenge and the possibiliti to promote and chenge the departament that suits you....great manangment
Treat you with no respect
Bar Staff and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Newport18 July 2018
When hired at Celtic manor there training they give you is very poor and insignificant.
Some mangers was very rude and quite nasty they show and treat u with no respect at all.
meh
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport12 May 2018
Awful company to work for

typical day - worked like a slave while anyone with a promotion sits down and talks to their friends

Learnt a lot i'll give them that, but very little from the actual staff more from the guests.

Management is the biggest disaster seen managers make staff cry, them staff members then report it and even after 5 incidents of this nothing happened.

workplace culture - every man for himself

Hardest part of the job - putting up with other staff members

Most enjoyable - honestly the only positive I took from here after 3 years with the company was the guests really do make your day.
Fun place to work
Christmas Kingdom Elf (Former Employee) –  Newport County7 April 2018
Had a great time working with the children, Very engaging staff and very friendly. Always kept busy with multiple tasks to complete throughout the shifts. However, it was very cold in the working environment.
Long hours but friendly co-workers
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newport30 March 2018
In the Conference And Banqueting Department of the Celtic Manor Resort, the hours are often long and unsociable, but your co-workers and the management team are friendly and approachable.
Pros
Good incentives for working the Christmas Shifts
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
productive and skillful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport12 March 2018
working at the Celtic Manor opened my eyes to the world of work. everything was planned and never last minute. employees are treated with respect by the management staff. they run a very tight ship, yet still leave time for enjoyment.
Pros
free tea and coffee and transport home
Cons
worked late hours
Sales
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport23 February 2018
Good atmosphere and place to work..very challenging and fast pace
Good staff incentives and lovely atmosphere especially at Christmas
Would recommend applying if you. An
Food and Beverage Associate
food and beverage associate (Current Employee) –  Newport21 February 2018
A busy establishment with high standards of service and food. Excellent training opportunities and roles available for the staff. A varied work day with different opportunities in various departments.
Lack of Funding BS
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport19 February 2018
To find out there is a lack of funding at this 5 star hotel is crazy, and yet millions of pounds has been spent on the ICC center. I used to have high expectations of this hotel but sadly not anymore.
Pros
Experience
Cons
The hotel itself
Must try
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport9 February 2018
i am a receptionist here at the celtic manor, i have also worked as a waitress the celtic manor does work staff hard getting the most out of them but if your happy to earn your money and work hard then there is a amazing chance to learn and progress!
Pros
free food! amazing staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celtic Manor Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Celtic Manor Resort Reviews by Location