Celsian Education

Celsian Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Everyday is different.
Signed up with Celsian in October pleased to say found work everyday since. The staff at celsian are amazing, really kind and caring. They called me after work to see how my day went and if I had any queries. They tend to allocate assignment as soon as they come available. Provide training at discounted rates for anyone interested this then allows one to work in a variety of schools.
Pros
Plenty work
Cons
Travelling
Professional & Supportive
Good agency to work with if you are looking to start as a supply teaching assistant.
Good courses and affordable fees and roles are available to suit your needs and ability.
Good management and enjoyable environment
Great place to work and I was looked after well by the management and most colleagues. I was trained well and if it had not been for some personal circumstances then I would have staying here a lot longer.
Choose a different agency!!
At the start of the job I was told there would be lots of daily work, however not the case! Hardly any work given which did not suit me when there was work. I would be spoken to rudely if I couldn't work a certain day however they did not ask my availability to find out prior. Ignored emails, would avoid questions when needed support. Messed around my pay weekly, giving me pay cuts for no reason and took 3 weeks to be paid what I had worked for. The consultants at the branch did not care about employees, various people including myself spoken to in a rude manner. Unprofessional place of work and would definitely not reccomend to anyone. Not what it seemed at first!
Great people to work for!
Celsian Education have always given me the part time work I have requested, on a pre-booked basis. The staff are friendly and approachable. They are interested how you are going on when on a new placement and give you a call.
My typical day would be liaising with the classteacher regarding the day ahead and being made aware of any learning difficulties etc. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with challenging children who do not react well to unfamiliar staff. The most enjoyable part is working with certain children and knowing you have made a difference giving you job satisfaction. Always be approachable and flexible!
Reliable and supporting work place
While at Celsian I gained lots of experience and got the opportunity to work with the incredible, supportive and welcoming staff within the Leeds branch. They were brilliant when communicating with me about future assignments and seem to have a genuine interest in how my assignments were going and what they could do to hep me further. I worked regularly and had very few days/weeks without work. Pay is good I was always paid on time and their system for logging timesheets is efficient.
Pros
Good pay, amazing staff
Cons
non
They refuse to pay to scale
I worked for Celsian Education when I returned to teaching after the birth of my two children. The pay rates were appalling - for delivering a full MFL timetable, including planning, preparation and marking I was paid £120 a day (in 2017). Despite advertising jobs which went up to and above my payscale (UPS1) they would always find a reason not to pay to scale. I stayed with them for less than a year and then moved to a larger education recruitment firm, which thankfully has always paid me at UPS1.
Awful - The Poundland of the industry
Never encountered such a circus of a company. It it’s not the backstabbing, corporate theft, game playing, its the never ending uncertainty. There are many great education agencies, this sadly is not one.
Pros
Low expectations
Cons
Revolving door
okay if youre willing to be messed around
The education cordinator for east midlands 'alex' wasnt very friendly or understanding about wanting to work. I asked for work and she said she'll get back and never rang me and then told me i was awkward for having a funeral to go to.
Friendly and Supportive Agency
Supportive teaching agency that helped me when I needed it most. Very happy to be working for them. Would definitely return in the future. The best thing about working for them is the hours are very flexible and it is entirely up to you.
Excellent company, plenty day to day work and friendly staff.
I have been with Celsian on and of for about 4 years. They have always been understanding of changes in circumstances (i.e. pregnancy and going back to work with flexible working days). They have always respected my wishes and given me plenty of work. I have gained lots of experience within a short period of time and are very happy to arrange long term assignments to their supply teachers. I would highly recommend Celsian both to experienced teachers and those who are new to schools and need to gain some high quality professional development as they have got job opportunities that suit everyone. Thank you Celsian!
Pros
Friendly and very understanding staff.
always had possitive experiences
I have not worked for Celsian for a while now although my previous experiences have always been positive. the staff have always been supportive and helpful in finding work.
Great people
The typical day at work is usually quite active and is full of events.
I learned to interact with different age groups effectively . The management is great and they treat all their staff with equal respect.

The other lovely thing about the place is how multicultural and diverse it is which is always a plus. The hardest part of the job however I found was to travel to some of the locations and with public transport.
Pros
Good Rates of pay
Cons
Travel
Great workplace, met some lovely people and learned lots of new skills in the role.
I became the primary eduction recruitment consultant for the Rotherham and Barnsley areas of South Yorkshire, I was in a complete 360 recruitment role that required me to do all of my own resourcing, writing job adverts, locating long term and short term positions within primary schools, liasing with school headteachers and business managers to fill positions, processing DBS applications, performing NCTL checks, sourcing and interviewing teaching and support staff, negotiating pay rates and ensuring world class service. I gained a number of client conversions during my time in the role and actively operated marketing campaigns to gain attention such as a weekly quiz and a sunflower competition. This gave me a way to regularly visit schools and establish their needs, which proved to attract business. I used a BMW 3 series which was brand new at the time and provided by the company to visit clients one day a week. It was very candidate focused and sourced some really good teachers that gained excellent feedback, I knew my pool of staff fantastically and it reflected in my confidence to find them work. I kept in touch with them consistently to discuss new opportunities and keep up to date with type of work they required. During my time at Celsian, the Sheffield branch was shortlisted as the branch to be audited by APSCo, an audit we passed with flying colours due to great organization and teamwork.

Overall it was a great place to work, very supportive, lovely people and lots to learn! I would recommend getting a job here.
Friendly but not much work
I worked with Celsian for only a short while and in that time I was offered 2 half-days of work. Despite being a qualified TA, relying on public transport, and requesting a permanent full time TA position I was only given work with an After School Club, and was later told that Celsian Ltd were trying to get me a permanent position in said club.
The staff in the office were friendly and helpful, however, there was a high turnover and in the short time I worked with them I had 3 different case managers, which could be part of the reason I did not recieve much work.

Celsian Ltd do not ask you to work "Trial Days" (a full days work without pay) like some other similar companies and offer a similar salary to what you would find elsewhere. I recommend working with Celsian Ltd alongside another supply agency.
Waited 5 months for work and still didnt get any!!
I was employed in May and then waited 5 months for work however I wasnt given any. Instead the company took ages and messed around with sorting out my details instead of looking for work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work and terrible management
Not a great company to work for despite what they say
Worked for this company in an unqualified role. Took a long time for the recruitment process to be completed. Once on books kept being offered work not suitable to my role. Although having agreed a work plan, was still being called up last minute to cover roles, making it impossible for me to accept. When I offered feedback on assignments it was not noted. It seemed they wanted you on the books but not wanting to utilise you. Trying to pigeon hole you in one particular job. No training or follow up offered. Had to pursue this without success. Better educational agencies out there. Pay rate less than other agencies also.
Pros
none identified
Cons
late notification of assignments making them impossible to accept
Supportive staff
Really enjoyed working for Celsian Education, listened to my preferences and supported me in my work. Offered courses to help support me in the workplace.
Helpful people.
Helpful people always willing to listen and sort out difficulties. You usually get a call before 7.30 to tell you where you are going. The staff only offer positions that you are comfortable with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No guaranntee of work.
work straight away
they listen to your view they will send you where you want to go. Work in advance , Polite staff , understanding your needs , reliable ,pay always on time
Review
Good training, supportive management, good career progression and freedom to develop business opportunities on your desk