Celsian Education Employee Reviews

Friendly and Supportive Agency
Supply Teacher at Q3 (Current Employee) –  Tipton8 October 2018
Supportive teaching agency that helped me when I needed it most. Very happy to be working for them. Would definitely return in the future. The best thing about working for them is the hours are very flexible and it is entirely up to you.
Excellent company, plenty day to day work and friendly staff.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 July 2018
I have been with Celsian on and of for about 4 years. They have always been understanding of changes in circumstances (i.e. pregnancy and going back to work with flexible working days). They have always respected my wishes and given me plenty of work. I have gained lots of experience within a short period of time and are very happy to arrange long term assignments to their supply teachers. I would highly recommend Celsian both to experienced teachers and those who are new to schools and need to gain some high quality professional development as they have got job opportunities that suit everyone. Thank you Celsian!
Pros
Friendly and very understanding staff.
Everyday is different.
Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds31 May 2018
Signed up with Celsian in October pleased to say found work everyday since. The staff at celsian are amazing, really kind and caring. They called me after work to see how my day went and if I had any queries. They tend to allocate assignment as soon as they come available. Provide training at discounted rates for anyone interested this then allows one to work in a variety of schools.
Pros
Plenty work
Cons
Travelling
always had possitive experiences
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 May 2018
I have not worked for Celsian for a while now although my previous experiences have always been positive. the staff have always been supportive and helpful in finding work.
Great people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 March 2018
The typical day at work is usually quite active and is full of events.
I learned to interact with different age groups effectively . The management is great and they treat all their staff with equal respect.
The other lovely thing about the place is how multicultural and diverse it is which is always a plus. The hardest part of the job however I found was to travel to some of the locations and with public transport.
Pros
Good Rates of pay
Cons
Travel
Great workplace, met some lovely people and learned lots of new skills in the role.
Primary Education Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 February 2018
I became the primary eduction recruitment consultant for the Rotherham and Barnsley areas of South Yorkshire, I was in a complete 360 recruitment role that required me to do all of my own resourcing, writing job adverts, locating long term and short term positions within primary schools, liasing with school headteachers and business managers to fill positions, processing DBS applications, performing NCTL checks, sourcing and interviewing teaching and support staff, negotiating pay rates and ensuring world class service. I gained a number of client conversions during my time in the role and actively operated marketing campaigns to gain attention such as a weekly quiz and a sunflower competition. This gave me a way to regularly visit schools and establish their needs, which proved to attract business. I used a BMW 3 series which was brand new at the time and provided by the company to visit clients one day a week. It was very candidate focused and sourced some really good teachers that gained excellent feedback, I knew my pool of staff fantastically and it reflected in my confidence to find them work. I kept in touch with them consistently to discuss new opportunities and keep up to date with type of work they required. During my time at Celsian, the Sheffield branch was shortlisted as the branch to be audited by APSCo, an audit we passed with flying colours due to great organization and teamwork.

Overall it was a great place to work, very supportive, lovely people and lots to learn! I would recommend getting a job here.
Friendly but not much work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 November 2017
I worked with Celsian for only a short while and in that time I was offered 2 half-days of work. Despite being a qualified TA, relying on public transport, and requesting a permanent full time TA position I was only given work with an After School Club, and was later told that Celsian Ltd were trying to get me a permanent position in said club.
The staff in the office were friendly and helpful, however, there was a high turnover and in the short time I worked with them I had 3 different case managers, which could be part of the reason I did not recieve much work.
Celsian Ltd do not ask you to work "Trial Days" (a full days work without pay) like some other similar companies and offer a similar salary to what you would find elsewhere. I recommend working with Celsian Ltd alongside another supply agency.
Waited 5 months for work and still didnt get any!!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire10 October 2017
I was employed in May and then waited 5 months for work however I wasnt given any. Instead the company took ages and messed around with sorting out my details instead of looking for work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work and terrible management
Not a great company to work for despite what they say
Unqualified Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Midlands15 September 2017
Worked for this company in an unqualified role. Took a long time for the recruitment process to be completed. Once on books kept being offered work not suitable to my role. Although having agreed a work plan, was still being called up last minute to cover roles, making it impossible for me to accept. When I offered feedback on assignments it was not noted. It seemed they wanted you on the books but not wanting to utilise you. Trying to pigeon hole you in one particular job. No training or follow up offered. Had to pursue this without success. Better educational agencies out there. Pay rate less than other agencies also.
Pros
none identified
Cons
late notification of assignments making them impossible to accept
Supportive staff
1 Tutor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 September 2017
Really enjoyed working for Celsian Education, listened to my preferences and supported me in my work. Offered courses to help support me in the workplace.
Helpful people.
Teacher of Science (Current Employee) –  Leerds - various.30 June 2017
Helpful people always willing to listen and sort out difficulties. You usually get a call before 7.30 to tell you where you are going. The staff only offer positions that you are comfortable with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No guaranntee of work.
work straight away
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 March 2017
they listen to your view they will send you where you want to go. Work in advance , Polite staff , understanding your needs , reliable ,pay always on time
Review
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 January 2017
Good training, supportive management, good career progression and freedom to develop business opportunities on your desk
Good working hours
SEN Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 January 2017
Work with disabled learners who have hearing impairments,speech and language impairments and other health health impairments. Everyday is different and you learn new skills from a challenging situation or experiencing a positive change from a student. The most rewarding part when students develop new skills or overcoming challenges.
Pros
Flexible lunch breaks
Not a good company to work for
Education Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 December 2016
My Duties for this role were to make sales calls to secondary schools in my appointed area and establish if they had any teaching vacancies that they would need to fill, be it on a day to day basis or for long term.
To develop a working relationship with my schools by visiting with the appropriate person who would deal with any cover needs, and run through the company standards.
To appoint teachers into the business and place them in any given vacancies.
To reach all KPI’s set by the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Very unfriendly environment
Something different
Candidate Sourcing Executive (Former Employee) –  Celsian16 November 2016
The company was not my cup of tea. It wasn't the right fit for me. I feel indifferent so cannot give a genuine review either way. I have heard positive things from others though.
Fair and respectful to their employees
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Southampton25 May 2016
- Excellent in Staffing.
- Accurate Job Responsibilities as described
- Honest Agency
- Pays for all responsiblities you have done.
- Very considerate
- They tell you the length of the contract and agreed pay rate on the onset and stick to this time length and pay rate agreed.
- If you have 3 or more full lessons in a day, they consider it as a full day of teaching work
- They call you at the end of the long term contract and thank you for the hardwork you have done and let you know about the words of appreciation from the school.
- Excellent Agency in Southampton so far in Agencies I have worked for in all sectors
supervisor
My job role here is cover supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG30 September 2015
My job role here is cover supervisor, behaviour support worker and teaching assistant. I travel to different assignments in both secondary and primary schools and PRU’s around Bradford/Leeds covering classes as well as providing both teaching and behaviour support. I plan and deliver sessions, run activities with pupils. This role has increased my classroom management skills; current curriculum knowledge and multitasking skills. It has also made me more result orientated as well as confident and supportive.
freindly staff
support staff (Former Employee) –  London25 June 2015
enjoyed working in different setting such as children centre nursery and crèche and day care. loved meeting new children and staff
Pros
freindly staff
Variation to every day
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester25 June 2015
A typical day would involve me receiving a phone call before 9am that a local Primary School required a Teaching Assistant for the day/week/term. To begin with I would get regular work but the past year or so the work has been day to day work which is difficult when you don't get given much notice.
Pros
Varation
Cons
Little work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celsian Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Celsian Education Reviews by Location