CEF

CEF Employee Reviews

Very happy working at CEF Online in Biggleswade. The Warehouse is busy but everyone pulls together across all shifts to ensure work is completed. Before joining I was a bit apprehensive due to other reviews on here but, having been here for a few months, I can't agree with any of the negative reviews. From my understanding, the poor reviews are from ex-staff who are obviously not happy because they were let go.
Long hours , made to do unpaid overtime. Saturdays are also unpaid. No lunch break at all. Training is very poor , they promise training and progression from the start but this is a lie to get you in the door. All responsibility is pushed down to you to make the mangers look good. Your just a number they don’t care about there staff. Even on a £20,000 salary you will be doing 50+ hours a week and working for around £7.20 an hour with no breaks.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation, rubbish pay
This is the worst company I could possibly have the miss fortune off applying for and getting the job going into cef I didn't have any idea what the company was like untill I got the job it was the worst job you could possibly of had and that's not a joke they make you work extremely long hours for no pay they force jobs that you shouldn't be doing the manager would happily sack you for his family to take your job this company is meant to be for the the staff but trust me it isn't it is all about back stabbing also to top it off they try and change you as a person and expect you to be something you are not STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
Management think they are worth more then the staff
Your experience could be totally different depending on the size of branch that you work at as there are 390 branches with 390 different sets of customers and 390 different branch managers & staff teams. Cef are now investing in staff training for the future so a new starters experience should be a totally different experience to the one ten years ago. However due to the nature of the business it is inevitable that the long working hours and short breaks will continue as the expectations on the internal teams who work so hard to please customers and management will continue.
You would have to be more than desperate to work here!! Supervisors are vindictive and lazy, hr is nasty beyond belief and takes great delight in sacking staff. Hr refers to us as cabbages as proved by a former employee.Management are clearly incompetent and they’re answer is “if you don’t like it you know where the door is!”. Lots of heavy lifting involved with no help. Highest staff turnover in this area and it’s easy to see why.
Pros
Cons
Management Hr supervisors
Steady income but stressful no breaks for a ten hour day bad pay for long hours. Expect to work overtime for nothing. Options are there to move up. High turn over of staff.
Quite simply the worst place I have ever worked. HR refer to warehouse workers as "cabbages". Bullying, childish supervisors who stand around in the warehouse discussing which staff members they would like to sleep with .Long shifts & the work is very heavy for the ridiculously low pay (less than nine pounds). Training is minimal & health & safety is non existent.
Hours are long, however, your day is constantly busy so flies by. There is a lot to learn and the job is not suited to everyone but i enjoyed the fast paced atmosphere.
I was only here for a week for work experience so couldnt say but for the week I was there I really enjoyed jt and the people who I was working with said i was really good and I liked it so I would like k job in warehousing
Simply the worst company I have ever worked for, disappointing and corrupt culture, if you don’t mind being dishonest then good luck, you will fit right in .
Pros
Easy to get a job with.
Cons
Poor pay, with promises of bonus that are not real
I was on work experience for one week last year whilst working I took part in a few tasks including sales assistant, speaking to customers about products and how they could help them, and also i unboxed new products and places them on to the shelves in their correct position.
If you’re willing to work long hours for slightly above minimum wage then this is the job for you. If not then steer well clear. They advertise their jobs as ‘Trainee Managers’ but this actually translates into glorified branch slave. Don’t get me wrong the people I worked with were great although it is a very cliquey environment. So if your face doesn’t fit expect to be treated like dirt. elsewhere.
Typical day at CEF is quite routine, the workplace culture is that if you put in the hardwork than you will be rewarded with promotions. Most enjoyable is talking with other employees
I have never been treated so poorly/unfairly. Warehouse staff nice and helpful, management are snakes. Listen in to private conversations on breaks (all breaks unpaid) and hold it against you during work. Terrible supervisors, awful management. Make you stay late on almost every late shift. Unless you are willing to kiss butt DON'T WORK THERE. 100% RUBBISH!
I found the work to be very team based which i enjoyed but also offered a lot of your own initiative to be put forward. The tasks were mainly numerical using excel as the role would be basically chasing money and I found this to be satisfying when I completed the tasks.
a great job and lovely employees, such a shame the supervising staff and managers are absolutely terrible and make the work place a horrible place to be. They bring their personal problems to work, single out employees, and if they’ve had a bad day then everyone will know about it!
Pros
Friendliest colleagues
Cons
Terrible managing staff
After moving too a new warehouse. Had nothing but problems from the guns and the new feed too the new workers. Supervisors are usless and spend the majority of the time wondering around aimlessly. As for looking after members of staff, the are either fired for the smallest of reasons or if injured are ignored and expected too work as before
Cons
i have already submitted a review for this company and i can safely say that i have never felt more part of a team than i did here. the staff are friendly and work well together as a team
Cons
its an ok company to work for. friendly people but the basic salary is poor they operate an annual bonus scheme but if you leave before this then your not entitled to it which is poor. especially as they use this as an excuse for the poor salary.
Pros
not many weekends no sundays or bank holidays
Cons
long days little money some people that work there are divs
Freezing cold in winter and hot beyond belief in the summer and all for a ridiculously low wage. Please avoid this place. The 'supervisors' (and I use the term loosely) merely stand around the entire shift hands on hips staring into space. A couple of them are childish beyond belief and even more petty. You have a goods in 'supervisor' who must be the biggest moron I have ever worked with....a jumped up petty little dictator. The staff turnover suspends belief with people coming and going every other day. Not surprising really. The workplace culture instilled by the overall warehouse manager is to treat workers like 12 year olds and behave like a power hungry autocrat.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too many to mention but mainly idiotic supervisors
A typical day at work involved learning about electrics and how they would work. Working at the counter gave me confidence and a sense of independent responsibility.
Pros
Learning whilst working
Cons
N/a
  1. Employee reviews