CDS Ltd

CDS Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
CDS Ltd selected this as a representative review
The Company was always helpful and encouraged me to get up the ladder in the rigging and lifting industry.They provided me with all the courses to take to help me with my employment.
Realised CDSG rip you off with just about everything, from invoicing to rescue payments. I've now moved to another company and make the correct amount including bonuses.Go for another company as you can make a lot lot more
Pros
Cons
Not paid correctly and no bonuses at all
This company have rules of their own, not from Amazon, like they will first employ a lot of people then if any drivers get concessions from customers, they will drop that driver from work for a day or two and sometimes more depending on the concessions, remember concessions are not in the drivers hands, they just come anytime
Pros
The Pros are the cons below that you will read
Cons
Don't bother, get yourself a job at DPD, Dhl, Royal Mail, FedEx, UPS and list goes on
i have worked for several companies at the norwich depot and this is without doubt the worst company i have worked for. I was working for well over two months before they informed me that i needed liability insurance for the van i was renting from them.....i have always rented the vans fromnthe companies and no other company did this, only van owners need thier own liability insurance. They will also charge you a deposit for the van you rent which is around 1700 quid. Again i did not need to pay any deposit with other companies. The management is useless, will deduct pay if you need help with your route, again some other companies don't do this. They will also threaten to not pay you for various reasons and call it "motivation" do not work for cds. Most other companies are far better.
Pros
Some routes can be enjoyable
Cons
everything else
I have worked with the company for two years and so far, I have really enjoyed my time here! The job can be busy and challenging but having a good close knit team, we always manage to pull together. I like that management are open to new ideas and it is not a micro-managed enviroment. There is lots of opportunities in the business and the company is constantly growing. For me, the job is flexible and can work around my life.
Pros
Fun team building days
Cons
Busy
enjoyed the job and unfortunately had to leave to join my family in Scotland last year. But the company contacted me as they have depots in Glasgow and Edinburgh now.. So will be going back to work for them in October
Pros
nice vans and equipment
Cons
can be a long day
If you like the outdoors this is a great job. Meet lots of people and a bunch of drivers to work with that support each other. good money for the job and can earn more by helping other drivers
Pros
like outdoors
Cons
some customers are rude
Been here 4 months so far working out of the Coalville Depot in Leicestershire, Enjoyed working over this period mainly due to the weather and relative easiness of the Job.Days can sometimes be long, but your pay doesn't differ on the days when you finish early so it all evens out, Rarely hear from my manager, unless theres a problem which i prefer. If you enjoy driving and being left to your own devices to do your job then its ideal. Money is good, hours flexible, only downside is no holiday pay, but this applies to all S.E people. Intention was to keep Job as a stop Gap between being furloughed, however, im earning more than previous place, and prefer this line of work. Van hire is expensive, but many i have spoken to have all bought their own and earn alot more, this will be my next step in the new year. Would Recommend this Company and Job Role to all. Unexpectedly Happy with this Job
Pros
I Love driving
Cons
No Holiday or sickness pay
I work for them for long time and I can say they are very patient with the new workers, great people to work with, you get the respect you deserve from them and always get paid on time.
It's rare I post about companies I have worked for, but CDS are a great company to work for. They provide support to succeed at your job, whether it be financially or skill led. It is a very fast paced and ever changing job, but it makes your thrive to do more. To make things better if you show willing and commitment, there will always be room for progression! All in all highly recommended!
Pros
Always room to earn extra
Cons
Having to work in all weathers
The company pays really well and all staff/management are really supportive and helpful. Happy to work for a great company. Would recommend to anyone to work for.
Pros
Pays well, friendly management
Cons
You deliver parcels to customers in about a 3 mile radius. Weather sometimes a pain, but no one can control that. Your out in the open with no boss over your shoulder. Get ya load and go...
Pros
your your own boss
Cons
weather, some long days
I have been with CDS just over a year the best company i have worked for they are always supportive and your team mates are always there if you need help never had a problem with payment 10/10!