CCF Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Good work life balance
Good if you are looking for day work but pay and benefits are lacking and you will be working under poor management who don’t care about their staff. Not a good company if you want fast progression.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Poor pay and poor management
Great unti you have a problem.
Was taken on to sort out various issues. Most were solved over time, but when issues that come up from vocal individuals that want to play a certain angle to take the heat off them, the company step back and say... We're not dealing with that. Which unfortunately gave said individual a free license to do as they pleased at work because the company were too scared to deal with it...

Had no choice but to leave.
ccf
Learnt a lot about management and the importance of ones presentation along with marching and the handling of sensitive material. Overall improved the person I am today. Was just hard work.
Awful, Just an awful please to work.
One of the worst place I have ever worked. Dirty, unsafe environment with an extremely poor culture. Branch manager a nightmare to work for/with and was never happier to walk out of a role in my life. Please avoid
Pros
Cons
Hours, environment, H & s, Location and people employed
Can cause mental health issues
the place is unorganised and occupied by very horrible people who will project their own hang ups and insecurities onto you just to revel in your own misery. Not a nice place to work at all and I know I am capable of so much more than this.
Pros
Local
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work.
the Ex driver and he is an Ex driver for a reason, who wrote the lies about his time at CCF Aberdeen should be ashamed of himself.
Every word was untrue.
Bad for stress levels!!
Worked there for many years and then got stabbed in the back for something that was totally untrue, all long as you are making them money, they don't care how much stress you are under as most of the branches are severely understaffed.
Pros
free cooffe from a drinks machine that tastes so bad they couldnt charge for it anyway
Cons
expected to make them money even if it ruins your health.
Sales Co-ordinator
Excellent company to work for, gained a lot of experience and was a good varied roll, lots of technical knowledge required and needed very good customer service
Pros
excellant job very interesting
Cons
no part time worked when required it
job satisfaction good wages
Good company to work for excellent conditions,and pay.
Management are efficient and helpful, excellent work life balance.

happy and fun environment, full training
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
shift pattern
good
I would go into the workplace sign my name in and straightaway get started on work that the staff have provided me with, may it be paper or computer.
I learned how the staff organise their work into files and folders, how to make spreadsheets for the staff, how to work the printers and photo copiers.

The management was good, the manager would always be there with all the staff.

The culture in the workplace was mainly Muslims, Bengali's.

The most enjoyable part of the job was using the computers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Lunches
Was a good place too work at I got laid off due too cut backs and moving, it was a good place too work at and I was given training very well on how too use there computer system. I would go into work and do filling, take orders and place order and arrange deliveries ect
A great company to work for!
CCF are a brilliant company to work for, like anywhere it has it's good or bad things! However, overall it is one of the best places I have worked at.
No support or progression
My working day at CCF consisted of supervising the trade counter. Working all orders from walk in custom. I also helped out where needed by assisting with administration duties and in the warehouse when needed. I was tasked with organising the trade counter stock within the warehouse.

I didnt feel that CCF were able to help me progress within my career and I was offered little to no training. Management were not supportive and grievances raised were swept under the carpet and not ever addressed.
they don't tell you half of what actually you will be submitted too before you join
*Strait to the point honest review* Wages don't rise. Work load is too much. Depot too small to work safely. Way Overstocked, Badly managed. Under staffed. Good hard working staff. Depot makes a lot of money= the company is happy.
Pros
free hot drinks if you have time to have one
Cons
low wage for the work load you are expected to do
fun place to work
i usually do 2 nights a week, 3 if i can. i love teaching the younger cadets as i know what its like being in there position. I've learnt all the different skills on how to be a leader and how to teach younger cadets in the NCO carder. My co-workers are my friends and i get on very well with them, i don't usually find anything too difficult in this job and my most enjoyable part is seeing the younger cadets have fun and enjoying them.
At Wycliffe College
Did that for two years and earned the position of 'Private@ went on many ccf camps and learned a lot about how to clean and assemble guns.
good staff
hardest part of the job was the heavy work load.
i enjoyed the day to day work though, and the staff were easy to work with