CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 116 reviews matching the search See all 2,277 reviews
Sigh.. Don't bother
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City28 November 2018
In a nut shell, you are expected to work like a dog and know everything that is happening at a drop of a hat. You get none of the praise when things are going well, but when something goes wrong, you automatically get the blame.
Management have favourites and disregard opinions of others - cronyism is rife! Only a few benefit even though they are the ones that do the least.
Management should wake up and stop being lead by the noses up their rears. Get off your high horse and take a look at procedures and ways to build a strong team! As management it is your job to be above office politics, not join in!! Its not the way to cultivate team culture or retain the best talent!
You will reap what you sow...
Pros
International Company
Cons
Cronyism, bullying, insufficient management, work hard for no reward
Bad management
Mobile commercial gas engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 November 2018
Managers with very little experience in the field of engineering they are managing i.e. Mobile Commercial gas. Constantly being threatened with disciplinary action for any trivial matter. I found the Bristol office to be intimidating and run with a culture of absolute disregard for the health and welfare of their engineers. The only people that seemed to matter were the management and office staff. All of whom I found to be incompetent above and beyond anything I could imagine and actively looking to be offended by any contact or communication from engineers. I left for a better paid and better run company of my own accord as soon as they managed to lose a major contract with a well known supermarket.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management, culture of intimidation, below average pay, sub standard vehicles.
fun work place
Cleaner in offices (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire8 November 2018
I cleaned toilets offices and the surgery every day. I lerned a lot about my suroundings of a busy production factory about hazards of my souroundings.
Productive and fun
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  st Martin court30 October 2018
Excellent place to work. Great culture and ethic. very flexible and agile environment.
hardest part of the job was the weekly team call whereby you have to brief on your week work within a few minutes allocated to you during the call.
Long hours, overload work, high expectations, no room to learn.
Estates Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 October 2018
Management do not allow any errors and will performance manage you out of the company if you are not good enough or up to their high standard. They are ruthless and unforgiving.

No time to train or develop you. The culture is very serious. They work in silos not a team environment or collaboration.
Cons
Long hours, After hours work, work on annual leave.
productive
Estate agent (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street19 September 2018
• General office duties including copying, filing, printing
• Providing assistance to other team members when requested
• Visiting on site and examining properties alongside professionals
• Completing research on the company to further my knowledge of the field of work
Terrible Company
Client Accountant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 August 2018
The main problem with the Glasgow office of CBRE is that you are basically seen as admin support / PAs by the rest of the offices and are treated extremely rudely by the surveyors. There is too much work to do and not enough people. Constant changes to try to solve the work load problems without every really speaking to the people that do it. It really is a horrible environment to work in. So many people leave in the first year (or even the first week in many instances). Back stabbing, stress leave, poor pay, quick to manage people out of the business where their face doesn't fit. 18 months is long enough for me, get me out!

Just don't do it!
Pros
None!
Cons
Long hours, Stressful environment, Back stabbing, Lots of people off sick, No one is happy, Disciplinary action is taken very quickly
its like home
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 August 2018
i like the job that i am doing however i want more paid job and grow for more exprences. need working for cudburys for new exptences having full time job
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
low paid job
Shift Supervisor
Shift Leader HVAP (Current Employee) –  Romford16 July 2018
Challenging work day with little rewards. Learned a lot about many systems, including HV systems. Management are not very supportive for a long time, new management arrived that were a little better. Moral on site is quiet low.
Hardest part of the job is keeping the client happy.
Long time off during shift pattern
Pros
Only work 14 days a month
Cons
Hard client to please
A Rewarding Place to Work
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 June 2018
As an RFM there aren't any "typical" days at work.

Generally Mondays I'd work from home starting around 7:30am and finishing at 6pm, responding to emails, contacting suppliers, contractors or consultants, arrange quotes, raise PO's update H&S records, budgeting, reporting repairs to the Helpdesk and chasing repairs in progress etc, receive incoming calls etc.
Tuesdays and Thursdays I'd carry out site visits, site meetings and Tenant liaison, I'd be on the road at about 6:30am and arrive home around 6pm.
Wednesdays I would work from CBRE's Head Office in St Pauls, London, responding to emails, having meetings with contractors and or internal consultants, liaising with property surveyors, updating budgets, checking with the Helpdesk on job updates etc. Arriving about 7:30am and leaving around 6pm.
Fridays I'd work from home or visit sites that required my presence for any number of reasons.
All of the above could change a moment’s notice should there be an incident at one of my sites that needed my uninterrupted attention.

While at CBRE I've gained IOSH Managing Safely qualification and attended numerous CPD courses, Asbestos Awareness, Legionella Awareness, Working at Height, Environmental Awareness to name but a few.

The work place culture at CBRE was good, as a home based worker it’s very easy to become isolated, however at CBRE all you had to do was pick up a phone to a colleague for advice and guidance when needed. You can also talk to anyone on a one to one level no matter what their position in the company, Management are always very approachable.

The Hardest
  more... part of the job was keeping on top of emails, as a manager of 18 different multi-tenanted properties I could receive 60 or 70 emails a day, Also as my sites were mainly in West London between the M40/ A40 and the M4/A4 accessed via the M25 I could spend up to 8 hours a week sitting in traffic.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a diverse range of people from all sorts of back grounds and cultures and the Team spirit amongst my fellow RFM's.
Pros
Car Allowance
Cons
Long Hours
Awful place
Regional Facilities Manager - Northern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM14 June 2018
I may have just been unlucky, but the Auckland Team were self absorbed, devious, dishonest, and generally unpleasant. The Attitude to ANZ, who was the client, was to rip them off and make them pay for as much as possible, saving CBRE as much money as possible, so the staff all got big bonuses at year end. Not a FM partnership, and I hope ANZ got wise to it.
Pros
Cons
Attutude and complete disdain for the customer
Poor management
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 May 2018
If your face doesn't fit, it can be lonely place to work.
Management have their favourites, extremely cliquey.
No job security, was on a temporary contract but were happy for me to do the work nobody else wanted to do.
Pros
City centre location
Cons
Full of cliques
Regional Finance Director (Former Employee) –  London and regions14 May 2018
Great company to work for every day is different and exciting. People lead organisation being in the service sector and always striving to innovate to be ahead of the competitors
Aggresive culture but well worth working there for 6 years
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 April 2018
I spent 6 years with CBRE in Leeds. Dominant force in the UK in a variety of roles - building consultancy, business rates, property management, office lettings, industrial lettings, and disposals, Specialist markets,
Contract was great placw to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Docklands, Greater London19 April 2018
I only left as i relocated to Cornwall otherwise i would still be there. great team, great place to work.

the company we were contracted to was BP, which CBRE / JCI had held for almost 20 years
Pros
Close team
Cons
Superb opportunities and varied work streams
EMEA Food Services Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2018
Excellent opportunities to travel within the business, working in numerous different locations.
I worked from home when not travelling so the work / life balance was excellent, despite being away for frequently and for extended periods.
Pros
Varied business
Cons
Lack of people management and development of specialists
One of the worst places Ive worked
Accounts reporting assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2018
You are not recognised for hardwork. Senior management like to have favourites and if your not one then this is visible.
The pay does not reflect the job you are asked to do.
You are expected to go above and beyond but less than adequate training is provided.
Cons
Senior management, training and pay
Professional company
Customer Business Manager (Current Employee) –  East Anglia12 March 2018
CBRE management is very professional. Working for CBRE is very exciting and challenging at the same time.
CBRE Management make sure your needs in terms of equipment and training are met.
The chain of communication is precise and clear.
You are able to find help at any level of the organisation whether it be technical or non technical.
CBRE manage multiple accounts nationwide and globally so there is excellent chance for promotion or job movement
Pros
Good ethical company
Cons
Long Hours
Very good overall
Air Conditioning Mobile Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Belt22 February 2018
Loved it from day one.
Managers care about engineers.
Good training.
Good pay.
You are given trust, flexibility and means to do your job properly.
Pros
good managers, training, loads of tools, vans not tracked, good pay, overtime available
Facilclities Coordinator
Facilities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire13 February 2018
I am interested in a management role or facilities coordinator role in the East Anglia region. I am being made redundant so looking for a similar role that I have been in for many years.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
some staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.