CBRE Employee Reviews

productive
Estate agent (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street19 September 2018
• General office duties including copying, filing, printing
• Providing assistance to other team members when requested
• Visiting on site and examining properties alongside professionals
• Completing research on the company to further my knowledge of the field of work
Terrible Company
Client Accountant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 August 2018
The main problem with the Glasgow office of CBRE is that you are basically seen as admin support / PAs by the rest of the offices and are treated extremely rudely by the surveyors. There is too much work to do and not enough people. Constant changes to try to solve the work load problems without every really speaking to the people that do it. It really is a horrible environment to work in. So many people leave in the first year (or even the first week in many instances). Back stabbing, stress leave, poor pay, quick to manage people out of the business where their face doesn't fit. 18 months is long enough for me, get me out!

Just don't do it!
Pros
None!
Cons
Long hours, Stressful environment, Back stabbing, Lots of people off sick, No one is happy, Disciplinary action is taken very quickly
Shift Supervisor
Shift Leader HVAP (Current Employee) –  Romford16 July 2018
Challenging work day with little rewards. Learned a lot about many systems, including HV systems. Management are not very supportive for a long time, new management arrived that were a little better. Moral on site is quiet low.
Hardest part of the job is keeping the client happy.
Long time off during shift pattern
Pros
Only work 14 days a month
Cons
Hard client to please
A Rewarding Place to Work
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 June 2018
As an RFM there aren't any "typical" days at work.

Generally Mondays I'd work from home starting around 7:30am and finishing at 6pm, responding to emails, contacting suppliers, contractors or consultants, arrange quotes, raise PO's update H&S records, budgeting, reporting repairs to the Helpdesk and chasing repairs in progress etc, receive incoming calls etc.
Tuesdays and Thursdays I'd carry out site visits, site meetings and Tenant liaison, I'd be on the road at about 6:30am and arrive home around 6pm.
Wednesdays I would work from CBRE's Head Office in St Pauls, London, responding to emails, having meetings with contractors and or internal consultants, liaising with property surveyors, updating budgets, checking with the Helpdesk on job updates etc. Arriving about 7:30am and leaving around 6pm.
Fridays I'd work from home or visit sites that required my presence for any number of reasons.
All of the above could change a moment’s notice should there be an incident at one of my sites that needed my uninterrupted attention.

While at CBRE I've gained IOSH Managing Safely qualification and attended numerous CPD courses, Asbestos Awareness, Legionella Awareness, Working at Height, Environmental Awareness to name but a few.

The work place culture at CBRE was good, as a home based worker it’s very easy to become isolated, however at CBRE all you had to do was pick up a phone to a colleague for advice and guidance when needed. You can also talk to anyone on a one to one level no matter what their position in the company, Management are always very approachable.

The Hardest
  more... part of the job was keeping on top of emails, as a manager of 18 different multi-tenanted properties I could receive 60 or 70 emails a day, Also as my sites were mainly in West London between the M40/ A40 and the M4/A4 accessed via the M25 I could spend up to 8 hours a week sitting in traffic.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a diverse range of people from all sorts of back grounds and cultures and the Team spirit amongst my fellow RFM's.
Pros
Car Allowance
Cons
Long Hours
Awful place
Regional Facilities Manager - Northern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM14 June 2018
I may have just been unlucky, but the Auckland Team were self absorbed, devious, dishonest, and generally unpleasant. The Attitude to ANZ, who was the client, was to rip them off and make them pay for as much as possible, saving CBRE as much money as possible, so the staff all got big bonuses at year end. Not a FM partnership, and I hope ANZ got wise to it.
Pros
Cons
Attutude and complete disdain for the customer
Poor management
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 May 2018
If your face doesn't fit, it can be lonely place to work.
Management have their favourites, extremely cliquey.
No job security, was on a temporary contract but were happy for me to do the work nobody else wanted to do.
Pros
City centre location
Cons
Full of cliques
Regional Finance Director (Former Employee) –  London and regions14 May 2018
Great company to work for every day is different and exciting. People lead organisation being in the service sector and always striving to innovate to be ahead of the competitors
Aggresive culture but well worth working there for 6 years
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 April 2018
I spent 6 years with CBRE in Leeds. Dominant force in the UK in a variety of roles - building consultancy, business rates, property management, office lettings, industrial lettings, and disposals, Specialist markets,
Contract was great placw to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Docklands, Greater London19 April 2018
I only left as i relocated to Cornwall otherwise i would still be there. great team, great place to work.

the company we were contracted to was BP, which CBRE / JCI had held for almost 20 years
Pros
Close team
Cons
Superb opportunities and varied work streams
EMEA Food Services Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2018
Excellent opportunities to travel within the business, working in numerous different locations.
I worked from home when not travelling so the work / life balance was excellent, despite being away for frequently and for extended periods.
Pros
Varied business
Cons
Lack of people management and development of specialists
One of the worst places Ive worked
Accounts reporting assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2018
You are not recognised for hardwork. Senior management like to have favourites and if your not one then this is visible.
The pay does not reflect the job you are asked to do.
You are expected to go above and beyond but less than adequate training is provided.
Cons
Senior management, training and pay
Professional company
Customer Business Manager (Current Employee) –  East Anglia12 March 2018
CBRE management is very professional. Working for CBRE is very exciting and challenging at the same time.
CBRE Management make sure your needs in terms of equipment and training are met.
The chain of communication is precise and clear.
You are able to find help at any level of the organisation whether it be technical or non technical.
CBRE manage multiple accounts nationwide and globally so there is excellent chance for promotion or job movement
Pros
Good ethical company
Cons
Long Hours
Very good overall
Air Conditioning Mobile Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Belt22 February 2018
Loved it from day one.
Managers care about engineers.
Good training.
Good pay.
You are given trust, flexibility and means to do your job properly.
Pros
good managers, training, loads of tools, vans not tracked, good pay, overtime available
Facilclities Coordinator
Facilities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire13 February 2018
I am interested in a management role or facilities coordinator role in the East Anglia region. I am being made redundant so looking for a similar role that I have been in for many years.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
some staff
dont do it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire4 February 2018
don't tell you how things should get done, then pull you up on it when it goes Wong

they want you to go above and beyond witch i don't mind doing but would be nice to get a thanks every now and then
New Challenges
Contracts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall17 January 2018
At CBRE my daily duties would include second in line to Contracts Manager ensuring efficient running of the business, Managing the workforce and specialist Contractors involved. Running/managing jobs to a budget and tight deadlines. Quoting jobs from Architectural drawings and designers specifications, writing specific Risk/Method Statements ensuring a safe working environment for the team and others. Reporting financial figures direct to the contract Manager to assist in forecasting and profit Loss reports. Representing the company to the client on a regular basis. The hardest part of my current role is the amount of travelling involved. Being a Canadian based company with our nearest local main office being in Bristol. This commute is a regular occurrence sometimes 3 times per week. With having the workforce and client in Cornwall can sometimes pose an issue trying to deal with queries/problems over a telephone call. The most thing I enjoy about being a Contracts Supervisor for CBRE is the variance of works, anything from a loose door handle to a complete renovation of a office block/grade 2 listed building, and the job satisfaction upon sign of to a complete project.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Major Office in Bristol
Cemex (CBRE) Job Great but only part time
Post Room Operative (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham12 January 2018
l really enjoy my currant job for CBRE with Cemex. l am 100% committed but would like more hours at times. l have changed my career from account to facilities which has been great so far but my currant post may not last long due to redundancy constant within the company, seen so really talented people go. Overall its been a great place to work for.
Pros
No stress
Cons
Not enough hours
No work life balance in finance
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire12 December 2017
Too many hours expected of people and during weekends too. Never been in a job where passive aggressively manager expects so much that some people go off sick (Finance). The real problem is that the team is understaffed and it's expected other members take on the responsibility and overtime.
Good company to work for.Police officers a pleasure to work with.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sudbury11 December 2017
Working hours 9am-12pm.Priorotise duties.Firstly kitchen,then toilets,then bins.Then hoovering,dusting etc.Hygiene checks every month.Highest percentage 92% out of 100.
Cleaning the entire station on my own was hard sometimes but still managed to keep to a fairly high standard.Most enjojoyable part of the job was the people who I worked along side.
Am also COSH trained.
Pros
Flexible hours.I have a 10 year old daughter.
Fast Paced environment
Contract Support (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 December 2017
• Organised and assisted with the maintenance at Northumbria University.
• Managing and responsible for 14 engineers, distributing their work-load accordingly.
• Responsible for submitting the engineer’s timesheets to payroll on a weekly basis.
• Taking ownership of project works with our supply chain who carry these out on our behalf. Including authorising health and safety documentation.
• Accountable for being the first point of contact for our engineers, suppliers and the end user regarding queries or complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.