Cats Protection Employee Reviews

United Kingdom152 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
A great place to work & gain experience, the management are very friendly and professional. It's really a great place for anyone out of work or with a lack of work history.
Stressful and busy
Cats protection paid management large salaries but the cat caring staff very low salaries ruined my thoughts about charities as lots of money spent on bosses not cats
Pros
Good working hrs
Cons
Lack of support
It was great
The workplace was amazing to be in as the staff were helpful to a young work experience college student such as myself, would highly recommend as and actual job
Great environment to work in with lovely staff
This is a very rewarding job. To see cats of all kinds coming into the shelter, looking after them and then finding their forever loving homes. It can be hard work cleaning out the cattery in the morning before opening to the public but it is quite enjoyable.
Alright
I had a work experience placement at Cats Protection Dundee for 5 days as part of a program organised by my school. It was ok but nothing exciting really.
Overall enjoyable
It was a good experience on the whole but not what I would pursue. Stagmff were nice and friendly and it was pretty relaxed. It was too people-based for me(too busy overall).
Cats Protection
Cats Protection is a brilliant place to gain experience. You can work in a stock room and on shop floor.

You can buy clothes, DVDs, CDs, brica brac and Jewellery
Informative and valuable place to gain work experience
The typical day at work day consisted of stacking shelves and working the tills. When the shop was quiet I would stack the shelves with the products that had been generously dropped off by the public for us to sell. The environment was relaxed and calm and over all very positive.
productive
Enjoyable experience. Worked well with the manager and had flexible working hours. Easy work going through the sorting area and cleaning the shop floor for the customers
Voluntary
I used to go in on a daily basis my main job was to make sure gift aid was the top priority. so any bags that had a gift aid sticker on I would do them first. So I would empty out the contents from the bag see what could be resold or thrown out all the good quality items would be then counted from each bag with its own unique number so I would then go on the computer and find the person whom brought the bag in by the code and select them then put in the quantity of gift aid labels I needed then they would be printed out and I would put the stickers on the correct tags ie donated stock tags. Attach each gift aid sticker to the correct tag and then on each of the items from the bag that had been selected.
Nice People To Work For
They bought cups of tea and coffee and cake when we did group posting in BroadbridgeHeath. They were always informative about dropping off the leaflets. The staff were nice and very friendly.
Pros
No problems
Cons
Going around a lot of houses
Productive and fun workplace.
As soon as I get to work I start straight away dealing with stock intake, replenishment and rotation. Once I have done that, I go around the shop floor ensuring everything is in order, tidy and clean.
I have been trained in Cash Handling and using the till.

Management and my team have been very informative in training me to do my duties.

The hardest part of the job is not getting paid due to being a volunteer.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team and also helping cats in need and raise money to help and rehome them.
relaxing
working at cats protection was a lovely first job experiance, the people i worked with were very encouraging and kind. it really built my confidence working there.
A lovely place to work
I'm a volunteer so cant comment on pay but the staff are lovely, there is lots of opportunities for training and learning if you want to pursue more within that area but it certainly feels good and is a welcoming environment.
A fantastic place to volunteer
I volunteer at the shop in keighley. It is a great place to volunteer with a super freindly manager. There is a great freindly community feel to the shop between the volunteers and managers. It is a hardworking environment but also rewarding with plenty of breaks. There are Plenty of opportunities and a massive amount of skills to learn or develop. would absolutely recommend.
Cats Protection
They give you training ans show you how to do the job at hand as in stock replenishment and keeping the store as clean as possible and the managers are always happy to lead a helping hand
Pros
you can chose your breaks
Great Place to Volunteer
Cats protection is a great place to volunteer and learn customer service skills that are handy in later life. The managers are friendly and helpful and will give you all the help you need.
Cats protection
Very good work place but I thought in myself that the job was not right for me anymore and have decided to look for another job.
The other employees in the workplace where very kind and work very hard in what they do
Bustling and cheerful workplace
I began this role as a volunteer to cover on the till, cull out of date stock and generally ensure the smooth running of the shop. I am a keyholder and have manager access to the business to provide cover when needed.This entails pricing new stock, processing donations, and getting the best from the volunteers who give up their time to help at the shop. It's a diverse role which includes merchandising the windows, presenting stock in a attractive, pleasing way, and making sure our targets are attained. At the end of the week I collate this information to head office in the form of KPIs (key performance indicators, which show us how the business is running
Better than nothing.
Only one hour per week. I have a disability so have found it difficult to find sustainable employment. One hour per week is not ideal but better than nothing.
I wouldn’t do it again
I did like my work experience at the Cats Protection but I don’t think I would do it again. It was a bit too slow paced for me and I think someone with a low stress level and better time scale than me would would really like this experience