CATS PROTECTION Employee Reviews

Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St Helens1 January 2019
bad place to work with rude and disrespectful people. they don't listen to the volunteers and gossip more than they work. the cats are lovely but the staff don't take into consideration any experience when they put volunteers in with the aggressive cats.
this is towards the St Helens centre but i am unsure about the other centres.
Pros
Cons
some staff members are rude and disrespectful
Its fun and hard working
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nuthall23 August 2018
Whilst I was there they made it to be a fun place. I enjoyed going there and helping out. I had fun there but always got all of my work done on time and efficiently. They were very outgoing people and I was never bored there. If I did get bored then the cats were always there to cheer me up. When I ran out of tasks they always provided me with more work to do which in my opinion was a good thing. I worked about 7 hours a day and it only felt like 2 to be honest. They days went by really fast and it was overall a nice and loving place.
Not my cup of tea
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry13 December 2018
I have worked in many different charities and this was the worst, because of the set up I found the volunteers to think they own the place and basically bullied me as their manager so I left, left them to it to sort it out themselves .they ended up shutting the shop.
Fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire13 October 2018
Great place to work helped with everything that needed to be done and got on with everyone and did alot of hard work alot of fun you got to be a hard worker
Pros
Great people
Cons
Good hours
Voulnteer
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morden, Greater London19 November 2018
I currently working at cats protection to seek experience in retail for a workplace or job. A typical day there would be serving customers on the till and going out of my way to try and help them.
Pros
Free Gregs
Cons
No pay
Fab place to work
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh13 September 2016
Working with cats protection in their retail shops is such a rewarding experience, the new shops look spectacular and its hard to believe they are charity shops. you can pick up the latest designer wear alongside retro and vintage clothing all lovingly steamed and pre checked for any damage etc. the pricing is lower than BHF or cancer research and the staff are all engaged to making your visit a happy one. the day is never boring and everyone is encouraged to get involved in different things, volunteers are given training from day one and can use this as a foundation to up skill or start a new career. the managers are very enthusiastic towards volunteers and go out of their way to make sure everyone enjoys their day. it is very rewarding to know that every penny raised goes towards feline care. a fabulous retail environment to work in and a great company all in all.
Pros
feline welfare, up skilling, training
productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  birmingham4 May 2018
Cats protection was a very homely environment, all of my colleagues were friendly and welcoming and it was a very enjoyable experience as I was able to do something I love. A typical day involved me coming in and putting on the correct attire for e.g. gloves and apron. I then cleaned the enclosures, wiping them down, putting in fresh bedding if needed and emptying out litter trays. whilst doing this I was allowed to handle the cats which was definitely the best part of the job for me. whilst working there I learnt a lot about the cats, the handling of them, their needs and their requirements.
Fun workplace
cat care volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warrington18 July 2018
It was a very enjoyable place to work at and the other members of staff who worked there were very kind and welcoming. They had a strict of easy to follow rules.
fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk31 March 2018
Was a good place to do volunteer work, everyone was really friendly and helpful and everyone helped me out when i first started. I’d definitely recommend people to work there.
Pros
everyone’s very helpful
Cons
Brilliant workplace with friendly people
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton14 June 2018
I think it’s a wonderful place to work in as everyone there except the manager is voulenteerinf and you know everyone there is doing this out of their hearts.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hythe19 April 2018
Easy going staff
I was the youngest there so sometimes it felt like I didn't fit in
there wasn't much to do on the shop floor apart from sell and stock
Appalling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Midlands14 November 2017
Just don't put yourself through it. No one will thank you for your hard work and commitment. No one will train you. But they will find ways of criticising you and make you feel tiny. I work there for 8 months and never got a well done or positive word
Management were appalling and never available to train you or help you. They just want money money money and don't care how they get it.
Pros
Met some lovely volunteers
Cons
The entire job
Challenging but fun
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City23 November 2017
I enjoyed this workplace it was challenged but I managed too get there I was also nearly became a manager as well with this job I enjoyed working with the cats
Pros
Take your own lunch
Fun -Team building
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
*Re-homing cats
*How each cats needs are different from dietary to behaviorally issues
*Everyone works well together as they are there for the cats.
*In my view is the hardest part is when the cats are ill or leaving them at the center when you leave them at the end of a shift.
*The most enjoyed and rewarding part is seeing to cats go to a new home.
Pros
Traets made by other team members
Good workplace
Volunteer Cat Carer (Former Employee) –  South Birmingham, West Midlands3 November 2017
Best part was spending time with the cats. Was lovely seeing them blossom, and the change in them during their journey to being rehomed. Typical duties include - cleaning, feeding, grooming and socialising cats.

All staff (and volunteers) here genuinely love the cats and they are well looked after.

All staff (and volunteers) were friendly and warm. Management easy to talk to.
Pros
Cats
Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 February 2018
Friendly place to work. Well organised and clean environment. cats were well care for and they the staff all seemed to enjoy their jobs greatly. goof training was provided
Amazing working environment
Cattery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield21 January 2018
There's a lot to help out with to improve the lives of the cats, which helps to create a true sense of self-worth which makes working there a much more pleasurable experience.
Money didn't reflect shop refit
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia27 July 2017
Sold me a job that wasn't the job I signed up to. Very disappointed in area management and higher up. Have had years of charity experience but wasn't allowed to use it as they were set on their ideas and it wasn't making them money. Endless emails and paper trails, open door policy in freezing cold temperatures, took away seating for volunteers. So many things that led me to resign.
Pros
Assistant Manager and Volunteers
Cons
Area Manager and higher ups
Fun place too work
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Angus29 December 2016
It was the best volunteering job I had I enjoyed the job that I went back after I had my first child
Karen it was great the management was wonderful people to work with.
Pros
Yes we did get free lunches
Cons
It was long hours
Dont work at St helens cats protection!
Cat care assistant (Former Employee) –  St helens26 March 2013
DO NOT WORK FOR THE CATS PROTECTION!!!!!!

I worked at St Helens CP and in the last year I was there 5 girls left because of the management!

we complained on many occasions about the managers attitude. But head office couldn't care less.

I doubt all cats protections are like this but I am telling you now don't work in the St Helens adoption centre. You will regret it.

I know some people that still work there. be warned that nothing has changed since me being there. Deputy manager is still there unfortunately.

You will be treated like a piece of dirt!
Pros
the cats them selves
Cons
management!