CATS PROTECTION Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hythe19 April 2018
Easy going staff
I was the youngest there so sometimes it felt like I didn't fit in
there wasn't much to do on the shop floor apart from sell and stock
fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk31 March 2018
Was a good place to do volunteer work, everyone was really friendly and helpful and everyone helped me out when i first started. I’d definitely recommend people to work there.
Pros
everyone’s very helpful
Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 February 2018
Friendly place to work. Well organised and clean environment. cats were well care for and they the staff all seemed to enjoy their jobs greatly. goof training was provided
Amazing working environment
Cattery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield21 January 2018
There's a lot to help out with to improve the lives of the cats, which helps to create a true sense of self-worth which makes working there a much more pleasurable experience.
Fun -Team building
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
*Re-homing cats
*How each cats needs are different from dietary to behaviorally issues
*Everyone works well together as they are there for the cats.
*In my view is the hardest part is when the cats are ill or leaving them at the center when you leave them at the end of a shift.
*The most enjoyed and rewarding part is seeing to cats go to a new home.
Pros
Traets made by other team members
Challenging but fun
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City23 November 2017
I enjoyed this workplace it was challenged but I managed too get there I was also nearly became a manager as well with this job I enjoyed working with the cats
Pros
Take your own lunch
Appalling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Midlands14 November 2017
Just don't put yourself through it. No one will thank you for your hard work and commitment. No one will train you. But they will find ways of criticising you and make you feel tiny. I work there for 8 months and never got a well done or positive word
Management were appalling and never available to train you or help you. They just want money money money and don't care how they get it.
Pros
Met some lovely volunteers
Cons
The entire job
Good workplace
Volunteer Cat Carer (Former Employee) –  South Birmingham, West Midlands3 November 2017
Best part was spending time with the cats. Was lovely seeing them blossom, and the change in them during their journey to being rehomed. Typical duties include - cleaning, feeding, grooming and socialising cats.

All staff (and volunteers) here genuinely love the cats and they are well looked after.

All staff (and volunteers) were friendly and warm. Management easy to talk to.
Pros
Cats
Fun Workplace
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundee City26 October 2017
I was given an opportunity to work as part of a team who were there to support me as this was my first work experience.
I enjoyed working with the animals and also helping the visitors get to know the animals which helped them choose the perfect pet.
was a good place to do volunteer work
volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk30 September 2017
was good volunteering there, everyone was really nice and all friendly and i really enjoyed it because i love animals. everyone made me feel very welcome too
Fun and educational workplace
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Erdington, West Midlands16 September 2017
I enjoy going to work as it is always a fun and welcome environment. Employees feel encouraged to do well, and we feel great when we succeed. There is never a boring day, even when no donations come in, as there is lots to do and keep you on your toes.
Pros
Great Working Experience
Cons
Feeling tired after a long day
Work Protocol
Assistant Cat Carer (Current Employee) –  Gildersome7 September 2017
I am responsible to communicating and interacting with customers that come into the center. I also carry out deep cleans of the pens and i clean all the bedding and the pet toys. I take care of the cats and kittens within the sanctuary. We are also health and safety trained to adhere to Health and Safety at all times.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire8 August 2017
Very friendly people who work in the shop, well organised, very welcoming team members who take pride in there work place. Very clean and all customers are very much welcomed in and treated how they should be.
Pros
Lovely work team., Welcoming.
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend30 July 2017
Good working environment with a variety of different challenges and tasks throughout the day. The staff are all friendly and is a good environment for group work.
Cons
Difficult to travel too by public transport
Sink or Swim
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire28 July 2017
As a company, the management for the retail shops is appalling. Once a shop is open the line manager disappears, and leaves you to sink or swim.

The targets are impossible to reach in smaller towns, and there is no adjustment.

I started the job with such enthusiasm, and ended up hating the place.
Money didn't reflect shop refit
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia27 July 2017
Sold me a job that wasn't the job I signed up to. Very disappointed in area management and higher up. Have had years of charity experience but wasn't allowed to use it as they were set on their ideas and it wasn't making them money. Endless emails and paper trails, open door policy in freezing cold temperatures, took away seating for volunteers. So many things that led me to resign.
Pros
Assistant Manager and Volunteers
Cons
Area Manager and higher ups
Great Place to voulenteer
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Hailsham, East Sussex18 July 2017
The staff at Cats Protection were very warm and friendly. I really enjoyed helping rehome the cats in our care, I loved being involved in the team and working together.
Friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dundee11 July 2017
I loved the freedom I received and the respectful attitudes of other volunteers and staff. The experience was very interesting and gave me a new perspective on charity work.
cat and people focussed
Manager (Current Employee) –  head office9 July 2017
employee focussed conditions, largest cat welfare charity rehoming over 44,000 cats a year. Flexible to employee needs and adaptable to conditions and situations as they arise.
fun
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Mansfield3 July 2017
working with cats, people and customers. learning and got set into a routine which i really enjoyed. also learning new things about the cats as well. really great place to do work experience