Cath Kidston

Cath Kidston Employee Reviews

United Kingdom136 reviews
I worked at Cath Kidston whilst I was a student and therefore only wanted an 8 hour working contract. It was a nice easy job and everyone in the store was really friendly. However the store was very quiet which made shifts seem very long.
Pros
Great staff, good pay, part-time hours
Cons
Quiet store, lack of store tasks
A few days before payday we were told via email we were to be made redundant through a prerecorded conference call. Told to sort everything ourselves.
Pros
Not many!
Cons
Being made redundant a few days before payday
They cover everything with a curtain of pretty flowers when the reality is they make hugely bad commercial decisions, leaving store staff to pick up the pieces which in everyone's case recently means being unemployed because of them
Bad management and design made working for this company a nightmare. The only reason I stayed here were my colleagues. They never listened to the customer or staff feedback.
different shift patterns because i used to work in an airport.
but as doing an early shift at am i got to enjoy the afternoon with my family and go out.
Constantly asked to achieve ridiculous targets which we couldn’t possibly meet. Consequent pressure put on the team. Was never promoted in 7 years of working there despite being a loyal and hardworking employee. Staff were a last thought. Stockroom was way too small so was a hazard to work in everyday as it was piled high with overstock. Feedback was not listened or replied to.
Pros
The team in store were very emotionally supportive and great friends of mine.
Cons
Little progression in moving up in the company, had to pay for our own uniform, unpaid breaks, huge periods when you weren’t allowed to take holiday, underpaid, not enough sick payfor people with long terM illnesses
Cath Kidston, or the part of it where I was employed no longer exists
I and many, many others were recently made redundant when the company went into administration.
I really enjoyed working for CK, it was like one big family. The products were amazing and I loved selling them to our beautiful customers. I'm really going to miss working here.
I'm very passionate about retail, shop display, giving customers the best customer service experience because my goal is not just making more money for the store but to provide a true value for both the shopper and the store. I can sell ice to an Eskimo as somebody said to me quite few times...
So working for cath kidston is very unique, which describes itself as a lifestyle brand instead of a luxury fashion brand. We pride ourselves on service towards our customers by being fun and inviting, leading from the front wearing on trend pieces from the business.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cath Kidston?
supportive team members, new challenges like computer work, till work and customer service.

friendly staff who made the workplace somewhere fun to be
The shifts were always a joy to work, the staff would brief you on your jobs for the day and customers were always the first priority. The team was lovely to work with.
I moved to Cath after having a really bad time in my previous job (workplace bullying etc) and honestly it was the best thing I could have done. The girls that I work with are absolutely amazing, they're warm and homely and so so welcoming. Working at cath, you actually look forward to going to work. It's everyday shop life eg (selling, upselling, data capture +) but the friends you make while you're working both in your co workers and customers will honestly be with you forever. If you have any health problems then they take care of you, if you can't do a certain job because of your health then you don't have to do it, no problem at all. If your mental health has went down again then how about you clean the back and stay off the shop floor for a bit? Honestly I've never had this amount of care anywhere else <3 It's just a lovely lovely place to work.
This was an amazing company to work at, staff and management were so enthusiastic and supportive which created such a friendly environment to work in. Staff discount was amazing and working hours were quite flexible. Most difficult part of the job was understaffing and lack of sufficient breaks for management but the pros of the job definitely outweighed the cons.
working with nice people, very understanding if there are any issues can be quite stressfull when busy as you have to deal with a lot of customers and their questions
Days were varied. Most customers were pleasant and many you got to know as they were regular visitors to the shop. Sales targets had to be met so I learned to train and motivate team members in order to hit KPI's.
The store has an excellent manager who has built a good team, but some of the senior staff spend a great deal of time standing around talking while expecting the rest of the staff to work incredibly hard. The team were great to work with and were supportive and helpful, but the work is very physically demanding and challenging.
I enjoy working with a nice motivated team. the hours are good. The rate of pay is fair. The company and the employees are very passionate about the brand.
lovely people to work with all like family, excellent pay, managed to juggle a social life, work, university and my own time. understanding of everything within struggles. helped me massively improve within the retail world.
Intense environment to work although it’s a small store it went from being really busy to being quiet during the evenings. They make you gift wrap on tills which was not mentioned at the interview which was difficult when customers demanded for it to be perfectly wrapped up. They wouldn’t allow any members of staff speak to one another and would make sure your separated. Management was awful they would speak to eachother all day and pressure everyone to do things and say things if they have been spotted speaking on the shop floor. This place gave me anxiety and I would never recommend anyone to go and work for them
Colleagues are the best part of the job, its a really close knit group that includes anyone who works in Cath as part of the family. Everyone is willing to help eachother.

It is fast paced and a lot is expected of you but it is enjoyable.