Play YouTube video button

Catch22 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Featured review
Catch22 selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for .

Work at times can be busy and pressured but this has the benefit that you are never really bored and each day may be different.

The team are all really supportive of each other and deliver some fantastic work supporting young people during difficult times and circumstances helping them to achieve some really positive outcomes.

My experience has always been that of a fully supportive management team.

Training & development has been regularly available, including encouragement to shadow other programs within Catch 22 creating great learning and upskilling opportunities.

If you are looking to make a difference and you want to help young people, it is a challenging but rewarding role and a great place to work.
Pros
Supportive team. Your contributions are always valued and feel important
27 September 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to hear that you feel challenged but supported in your role and can see that you are making a difference to the young people you support. Keep up the good work.
Whilst excited to start working for catch 22 it soon became apparent that this business charity is not as well supported as previously thought. Very stressful job with little or no support, left to create and develop your own practice, without much input from management or colleagues. Serious lack of training provided, even though it states training will be given,it never occurs!!
Lots of additional hours are needed to research basis facts to improve your development.
Pros
Personal Learning
Cons
No CPD
I was hired by Catch22 as an apprentice. It was supposed to be 1 year apprenticeship but business owner was easy to communicate with and easy going so after negotation he offered me full time work with contract and normal pay. Good experience.
Do not work here unless you want to trundle along with no direction, management or money.

Staff members with terrible attitudes did not help.

Probably the worst company I’ve ever worked for.
15 May 2020
Thank you for your comments which Catch22 takes very seriously indeed. We are very sorry to hear that you felt that your experience of working for Catch22 was not positive and which is in contrast to the vast majority of staff who are working for and who have worked for Catch22 and found the experience extremely rewarding. As you are aware, we take great pride in providing high performing services which enable vulnerable service users to rebuild their lives whilst offering staff the support and opportunity to progress with their personal development. In light of your comments we would welcome the opportunity to discuss them further with you in order to fully respond to your concerns.
Poor company to work for. Poor management who treat people like dirt. Make lies up about you, try to make you change your contract.

No support what so ever. I was harassed and bullied.

Would never work for again.
Pros
Other staff great
Cons
No equipment to do your job properly, treated poorly
Not a supportive SLT framework. Overworked and not resourced enough. Facilities were not fit for delivery of education. Understaffed on many projects leaving staff and students vulnerable.
At Catch22, the people make the job. There is such a diverse group of people who all get along really well and thrive on collaboration.
The only downside of Catch22 is that it is a HUGE charity but sometimes feels like it operates like a small business with lack of staff in centralized functions such as recruitment, business development and communications across the 123 services.
Covering a wide range of services. Catch 22 is committed to improving lives from cradle to career. They offer lots of training and are a great company to work for.
10 December 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience of working for Catch22 with others. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us.
I'm office based in the health and safety team. I've had a very positive experience with Catch22 since joining earlier in the year. The induction and training sessions are excellent and there are many learning opportunities. The management team are well organised and ensure that regular meetings with staff take place.
They are open to new ideas and always looking how to improve. Staff from services within the organisation are very friendly and welcoming and there are opportunities to meet other staff and services. There is a positive attitude within the organisation and this creates a good morale. The well-being of the staff is important to Catch22 where support is provided. I have learned so much already since joining, not just about the work in my team but also about the work that is being done across the whole organisation to improve people's lives.
Pros
Flexible, rewarding, good management, friendly
Catch22 are a great company to work for and are always looking for opportunities to improve work life for their employees. They have many different support systems for employees and are always willing to help their employees improve.
25 October 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to hear that you feel supported in your role. Keep up the good work at Beacon.
Catch 22 Surrey is a lovely place to work, we have a lovely team. The Management Team are very supportive.

The team are very hard working and they really care about the young people they work with.

A busy environment but it is a fun working environment. Training is provided and you can attend courses.
Pros
Team are very supportive and friendly.
27 September 2019
Thanks for your contribution. It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with us and have opportunities to develop in your role.
High case load, lack of support due to inexperienced managers, no CPD.

Starting work with Catch22 I was positive and motivated regarding helping young people. However, it wasn't long before senior staff members negative attitude, lack of knowledge/care for clients with sole focus being on statistics left me feeling unsupported and de-skilled whilst fighting to maintain a positive attitude, when provide support that was in the the best interest of young people.
23 September 2019
I am working with colleagues from the Surrey Substance Misuse service and HR to formulate a full response to your review, so this is a holding reply to saying that we are aware of it and will be replying shortly.
1 October 2019
Thank you for your review, which we of course take very seriously.

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad experience with Catch22 and that you felt unsupported. We pride ourselves on supporting staff wellbeing, with all staff offered one to one monthly supervisions, monthly group case management supervisions with a CAMHS Nurse Practitioner and informal support as requested.
Management do not care about the staffs wellbeing or the fact that most people have left or are looking for other jobs.
This company is joke I's never work for them again.
Pros
Regular Monthly Pay
Cons
Everything else
27 September 2019
Thank you for your review, which we of course take very seriously. Staff wellbeing is incredibly important to us, and we’ve adopted an approach to ensure staff have a voice and are included in solving any problems as they arise. All staff have access to the Care Team and we’ve also recently undertaken a salary review.

We are aware of several staff who have left the service recently, for a variety of individual reasons. Prior to that, retention had been strong. We take on board all feedback from current and former employees when we receive it, and are continually looking to improve.
Not a nice environment, managed poorly by people who have no experience of direct work with service users. Culture of bullying and secret agendas. The worst place I have ever worked for.
New staff members are not supported, no training is provided. Not a safe workplace.
23 September 2019
1 October 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience of working at Catch22. To address your specific points:

Management of staff: all staff and managers are recruited following our safer recruitment process, qualifications and experience are checked and we are confident that all our service managers have the necessary skills and experience to fulfil their roles

Training: all staff are offered training throughout the year, which includes both core Catch22 training and role specific training such as Motivational interviewing, Trauma informed practice and Preventing, Identifying & Managing Depression in Children & Young Adults, amongst other courses.

Safe workplace: we have clear policies and procedures in place to protect staff and service users and are confident that these are being followed within the service

Staff support: staff are offered monthly one to one line management supervision and monthly group case management supervision with a CAMHS Nurse Practitioner. There is also informal support from all seniors and the service manager as and when required.

Bullying in service and secret agendas: Catch22 has robust policies in place to deal with any form of workplace bullying. We strongly refute the accusation that there is a culture of bullying and secret agendas within the service.

Catch22 is committed to supporting its staff, promoting a positive culture and providing a safe working environment.
Very high workload
Management demand never ask

Not a very comfortable workplace culture

Most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge you are helping the service user
Pros
Service user
25 September 2019
I'm sorry it's taken a while to respond to your review. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your view of what it's like to work for us in the North East and wanted to pull together a detailed response.

We have recently gone through a reorganisation of roles within the teams in the North East to allow for a more evenly distribution of tasks and responsibilities. We are hearing from current staff members that this is having positive benefits already.

We are sorry that you felt that your management were over-demanding. We are looking into this internally and will react appropriately to ensure that all staff have a voice and the ability to discuss unfair requests from management.

We are very proud of the workplace culture in the North East, with the vast majority of current staff stating that they are very happy in their work.
Typical working day is very busy with limited staff. Main management not realistic, the company is top heavy, more operational staff needed. You will find some nice genuine people to work with but main departments are not very supportive within your job role which makes day to day job difficult. External agencies are good to work with and young people always make the job interesting. For management support and progression within the company I would say its the worst company I have worked for, wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Young people
3 June 2019
We’re sorry you haven’t had a great experience working for Catch22. As you’ll see this hasn’t been the case for other reviewers, so we’d like to understand what happened here so we can improve. Without further details it’s difficult to give a full response to your comments, so do get in contact if you like to discuss this further.
Great employees to work with along with great services with amazing outcomes for the communities they work with.

Everything you do whether on the front line or not makes a difference to the service users.

Work can be extremely busy and pressured but this has the benefit of meaning you are never really bored!

The main downfalls could both be attributed to the Charity sector in the fact that salaries do not tend to keep up with the increased costs of living while there is not always the human resource in a service to cover all the work that needs to be done. This again can be attributed to the lack of finance in the Charity sector.

There's never been a lack of training available and I always feel listened to/respected by management.
Pros
Busy, Listened to and Respected, Your contributions are always important, Great place to train and expand on skills
Cons
Salaries can be low, sometimes more employees in a service could be required
12 February 2019
Thanks for your input. It's good to hear you feel listened to and have been able to develop yourself in your time with us.

We’re focused on raising salaries across the board and are now working towards becoming a full living wage accredited employer.
First off, full disclosure here: I'm the Employer Brand Manager here at Catch22, and it's part of my job to look after our Indeed reviews page. That said, I can honestly say that I've had a great start to my time here at Catch22. I've got a lot of stuff done here that I've been unable to achieve at other organisations. You're trusted to get on with delivering against your objectives, and staff and management are generally receptive to what you have to say.

We do some great work in very difficult circumstances, and some of the stories you hear of how we have turned peoples' lives around are truly inspiring.

Working in head office, you can often feel removed from what's happening out in the field. That works both ways and I think service-based staff can feel isolated from colleagues in other services and head office. However in my time here big steps have been taken to make staff feel like they are part of something bigger. the launch of the new social intranet (Workplace or "Facebook for Work") has really helped, along with a new annual all-staff conference, amongst other initiatives.
Whilst doing my placement at the Academy i have received great support from the staff , they are brilliant to work with , the small setting itself is spot on . the school is managed well and they cover most of the curriculum , obviously the school is quite small so some classes are not offered to students but all lessons covering the "national curriculum" are! The hardest part of the job is not being able to do the proper teaching i desire but i know that will come and i completely enjoy being in the class i am, covering everything i love about art .
Pros
small educational setting, great staff, great hours
Cons
further away from home
The company promised many CPD opportunities and none of them was executed. I was there for 4 years and have nothing to show due to everything falling through. I would not recommend working here if you want to help young people.
Pros
Amazing staff team within my place of work
Cons
Management, CPD and any benefits
I volunteered for a month in a classroom setting. I really enjoyed supporting the students and I learned valuable skills from this experience, such as how to deal with challenging behaviour and verbal communication skills.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Management was sometimes not brilliant.