Catch22 Employee Reviews

Real scope to get stuff done
Employer Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2019
First off, full disclosure here: I'm the Employer Brand Manager here at Catch22, and it's part of my job to look after our Indeed reviews page. That said, I can honestly say that I've had a great start to my time here at Catch22. I've got a lot of stuff done here that I've been unable to achieve at other organisations. You're trusted to get on with delivering against your objectives, and staff and management are generally receptive to what you have to say.

We do some great work in very difficult circumstances, and some of the stories you hear of how we have turned peoples' lives around are truly inspiring.

Working in head office, you can often feel removed from what's happening out in the field. That works both ways and I think service-based staff can feel isolated from colleagues in other services and head office. However in my time here big steps have been taken to make staff feel like they are part of something bigger. the launch of the new social intranet (Workplace or "Facebook for Work") has really helped, along with a new annual all-staff conference, amongst other initiatives.
great lace to work
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke10 August 2018
Whilst doing my placement at the Academy i have received great support from the staff , they are brilliant to work with , the small setting itself is spot on . the school is managed well and they cover most of the curriculum , obviously the school is quite small so some classes are not offered to students but all lessons covering the "national curriculum" are! The hardest part of the job is not being able to do the proper teaching i desire but i know that will come and i completely enjoy being in the class i am, covering everything i love about art .
Pros
small educational setting, great staff, great hours
Cons
further away from home
No CPD as promised
Learner Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield7 August 2018
The company promised many CPD opportunities and none of them was executed. I was there for 4 years and have nothing to show due to everything falling through. I would not recommend working here if you want to help young people.
Pros
Amazing staff team within my place of work
Cons
Management, CPD and any benefits
Fun workplace
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford5 January 2018
I volunteered for a month in a classroom setting. I really enjoyed supporting the students and I learned valuable skills from this experience, such as how to deal with challenging behaviour and verbal communication skills.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Management was sometimes not brilliant.
Fun and Supportive Organisation
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 December 2017
Catch22 was the best time of my working career so far where I learnt my trade and my line and service manager were fantastic! They supported and encouraged my development and was a pleasure to work with and for. As a whole the company is good and the CEO actually gets around the projects and takes pride and care in his work. He also takes note of you as a front line worker and actually remembers your name, who you are and what project your at!! This was a big tick for me, I was just sorry I got made redundant but positive experience and would return
Pros
Excellent Line Managers who fully supported all staf and volunteers
Cons
Pay could be better and security but nature of the third sector
An invigorating atmosphere of Hope
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tower Hamlets, Greater London7 December 2017
A fantastic place to learn and develop your skill set, thorough and structured training and a rewarding job function which ultimately aims to help individuals on a daily basis - what more could you want.
Pros
Flexibility of Workload
Challenging, fast paced and exciting environment.
Outreach (Current Employee) –  London24 October 2017
Catch22 works across so many different worlds and social challenges that no two days are ever the same. Far more is expected of you than in other charities. There are some brilliant and committed people all over the country trying to achieve the same things - I really like that the senior management has frontline and operational experience. We just need the right investment and tools to be able to do what we set out to do.
Pros
The smartest and most socially focused people I've ever worked with.e lunches
Cons
Charity sector challenges - lack of available investment to fund innovation!
Flexible and Strong Work Ethos
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  London11 August 2017
Flexible work days that are non-repetitive. Over the last three projects I worker, all managers were respectable and friendly. the downside is that training for certain roles are scarce. However, as an employee you are never short of learning on the job and receive support whilst on the front line.
Pros
Friendly environment and flexible work for parents
Cons
Short projects, not much long terms roles outside of management
Lively, no two days the same!
Core Worker (Former Employee) –  West Sussex21 October 2015
Happy supportive environment, enabling the team to support the hard to reach and disengaged pupils with in the school, college and in the youth centre.
Friendly staff, supportive and encouraging with in regional team.
Hardest part was not being able to change situations for young people, as well as the politics from above.
Most enjoyable part was empowering young people to deal with those situations in a healthy way, to enhance learning and life experience.
Pros
Expenses
Cons
Being kept in the dark about decisions regarding future within company.
Fun environment
Apprentice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG13 October 2015
Great atmosphere to learn the ropes in, great team, very supportive and helpful. Worked closely with Service manager with monthly demographics and other confidential information.
It's OK
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  UK Wide12 May 2015
I have had a positive experience at Catch22 and value the experience I have gained. The pay is good. However I rate it two stars overall because staff morale is low in my particular service.
Rewarding and eye opening
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Harlow, ENG12 May 2015
Recruiting and organising volunteers on daily basis, running office, invoicing and purchase orders, answering telephone enquiries.

Whilst working for Catch-22 i learnt how to manage time and achieve deadline.

The hardest part of my role was time management due to the various deadlines we had to meet.

The most enjoyable part was knowing that you are helping people less fortunate.
Pros
working hours
fun work place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  newcastle18 March 2015
fun place to work, some travel involved, suitable if you are single as residential are a hard part of the job, overall a good place.
great support
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, ENG18 January 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Fantastic opportunities and training provided for people who need it. Management went out of the way to help me achieve and where over accommodating and understanding. If you are offered a chance to work with the staff at catch22 grab it with both hands.
fun working place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  london21 October 2014
A typical day at work would be travelling to different locations for example youth clubs, primaray schools and nursarys, for volontearing. The hardest part of the job was traverllig to different places, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
long hurs
Great experience for my first apprenticeship
Data & Finance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth7 May 2014
Whilst completing my apprenticeship I worked for a company called Catch22 South East Training and Wessex RJ Service carrying out all administrative duties for the charity. I used different database systems and dealt with any queries or telephone calls coming into the office, maintaining a good level of customer service. I completed my Level 1 and Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration.
Challenging & Fun
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, ENG7 March 2014
Working for Catch was a challenging yet very rewarding job, this set up was your typical youth club where kids would come and go all day in-between sessions. This sometime brought safe guarding issues which we would deal with straight away by creating reports and speaking to the individual. It taught me to be patient with teenagers and that with a bit of hard work and communication they get to trust you which is so rewarding especially as many use to come from all walks of life which was difficult for them. The main part that I enjoyed about the job was the trust and the positive relationship you would have with the individual at the end.
Pros
We played a lot of Pool!!
Cons
Not enough hours!
Great and fun place. Good work ethic
Mentor (Current Employee) –  London, ENG6 November 2013
Involves meeting with the service user, going through the set action plan, reviewing tasks given and looking at what has been achieved. I have learnt to make risk assessments, lead meetings and interviews for core assessments of service users. There is good support from the manager and from the other members of staff. The hardest part of the job is to deal with service users who do not engage consistently. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life.
Excellent team of workers, very hardworking and passionate about what they do.
Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Leicester3 January 2013
Excellent opportunities for further training and development.

Gained numerous new qualifications/certificates including a NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Youth Work Practice, PTLLS etc.

Excellent team with easy to approach/understanding management.

Loved every minute of my time with Catch22.

Best part of the job for me was be able to make a difference to peoples lives in a positive way.
Pros
great team
Cons
lacks longevity and job security (often posts are dependent on funding)