Casual Dining Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Love it!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London23 July 2018
Great company to work for. Very dynamic, fast paced environment with plenty of career opportunities. Fun, great people around and very good benefits and bonus and awards scheme.
Pros
Benefits, 50% discount food and drinks for up to 5 guests in all 300 restuarants, Passionate people around
Cons
the job is demanding but fair
Lovely company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton Airport14 June 2018
I've just started working for this company and I love it! They've been very friendly and helpful. I knew from the recruitment day that I will fit in and I really enjoy it!
They've been very professional from day one, when I had to attend my induction and training, which was very good to apply to my day to day responsibilities.

Very pleased with the team and hopefully I will stay here for a long time...
Development opportunities are great!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 June 2018
Great development opportunities, with good benefits for the team. I started as a waiter and was made a supervisor shortly after! Learning and Development team is amazing and give you all the tools you need. The restaurant is like a family, and makes it enjoyable to work in busy central London. The hours can be a bit crazy, but they won't give you extra if you don't request it.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Don't Understand the negative reviews????
Waiter/Barman (Current Employee) –  Luton Airport14 June 2018
I Have worked for the casual dining group for a year ( in the concessions division)

the management are caring and really help you reach the full potential ,

admittedly the hours can be longer in kitchens but as i work for the airports i understood that the starts are going to be very early ?

the perks are fantastic as we get to take myself and five of my friends to any of the 300 restaurants and get 50% off all food and drink so its easy to have fun ouside of work as well as inside.

my co workers are fab and i have a lot of fun with them in and out of work, there are a lot of chances for progression ( concessions is growing so fast we are always offered new opening roles)

would highly rec commend for anyone that doesn't mind hard work and wants to progress quickly.
Pros
50 % off food and drink in any restaurant for you and 5 friends
Cons
if people phone in sick it can make stressful on the rest of us
You will have no life if you work here.
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
This company expect you to work 60 hours per week for a low salary and do NOT understand work/life balance. They are completely oblivious and unsupportive of mental health issues and management haven’t got a clue what they are doing.

DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Free lunch from limited list.
Ok if you have 90% of your life to dedicate
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London20 January 2018
Its a good company if your ambitious and don't mind working 60 hour weeks.Good development and training but always short staff due to the long exhausting hours. they expect too much from people and should think about work life balance and maybe they would retain more staff
Poor care of the staff
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 January 2018
useful years of experience, but the company is not the best. they take poor care of the staff members, and management seems to be odd and have no common sense of things.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor organisation
Review
Banking/Business Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2017
There were several good company perks for example discounts on food and drink at several of the companies well known restaurant chains. The day to day work load was quite extensive.
Used to be good, became horrific
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 November 2017
I worked almost 7 years for Bella Italia. It used to be fun and enjoyable.
The company is not doing well and is massively cutting in labour. The standards are pretty low now.
Operation managers and area managers change constantly. They put a lot of pressure and very little support on their employees.
They do not respect or value people either. The management turn over is very high because they require a lot for very little money.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Long hours, hard work not value, a lot of pressure, double standards
you're harming your own business and yet you're happy to pay for it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 July 2017
NOT.REOMMEND
*headoffice
Company's Values - illusion.
Managers who still your ideas.
Lack of teamwork.
Connections worth more than skills.
*restaurants
Area managers put big presure on GM
If you are happy to be treated like a dogs body this is the company for you
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  London23 June 2017
Avoid at all costs. You won't be paid for the hard work and effort you put in. The company is happy to let you work long hours with little to no recognition for your efforts. Very demoralising!
Pros
Cons
Happy to let you work like a slave with little recongnition, unethical work practices, management lack integrity
It's horr
Commie Chef (Current Employee) –  Warminster, Wiltshire16 April 2017
What more need saying. You're at work more than ever and the money's not to grate. The management is terriable and no one gives a monkey about you. That CDG for you though.
Pros
Free team meals
Cons
Stupidly long hours
Café Rouge Chelmsford.
Morning Cleaner at Café Rouge (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex13 April 2017
Enjoyed working there, however errors in wage payments were too frequent and correction of these errors tended to take between 6 and 10 weeks.

Staff turnover probably a bit High. I worked there for 21 months. In that time we had 3 different Branch/General Managers and 3 different Head Chefs.
Pros
50% Staff discount.
Cons
Unprofessional management team.
Fun workplace
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2016
Quick progression. Over time not paid. Free lunch. 28 days holiday. Not caring staff. Low salary. Long hours. Tight budget. Customer service not very important.
Pros
free lunches
Gained knowldge
Assistant Manager atCafé Rouge (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG1 October 2015
Nice place to work
Family environment
Gained knowledge in the kitchen and quality service.So my confident
level is gone higher.
Meeting the different kind of people bring smile to your face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casual Dining Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Casual Dining Group Reviews by Location