Cash Converters

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

A horrible place to be
Long hours, tedious management, difficult customers and some annoying colleagues made the London Road, Brighton branch a difficult place to work in. This job made me feel very down as I was always working and had no time for myself or uni work.
Never the same
There is great place to work if you want to get hand on something new every day. It keeps you up to date with electronics new technologies. Also jewellery and watches something that I always loved and enjoyed to working with
Average business
This is a franchise business, so every franchise will be different. The core business model is good, however some of the facilities and tools available to staff is limited or not functioning as well as it could be.
Fun workplace
Learnt a lot, do various things throughout the day. close relationship with colleagues. time flies, difficult to clean some items sometimes such as lawn mowers
Pros
free coffee
Cons
limited availability
Flexible Position
Repair smartphone, laptop , desktop. videogame.
The position is very flexible, and i had 2 break per journey.

A good company

I would learn a lot thing about my job
Pros
4 day per week
Cons
Little money
Best job I've ever had!
I joined Cash Converters, Stourbridge in June, not too long after new Management had taken over. It has been the best career decision I've ever made. Its a very rewarding place to work, you are always recognised for you're achievements and I love going to work each day. There is so much variety in you're working day you could never be bored. The Management team are so supportive and have a very hands on approach with staff personal development, it's a company that has so much to offer and will guide you in the right direction.
Pros
Incentives, balanced work life, fun and happy environment
Cons
N/a
varies depending where you live
I can only speak from the point of view of a member of staff in the Manchester area.

Basically, all staff members only ever stick this job out because of the people you get to work with, the job attracts those with good banter and a thick skin - which you WILL NEED to work here.

Depending on your store and area manager, this can make or break the job. Some area managers don't care about you in the slightest (mine is an example) but the store manager was great and top bants.

the worst thing about the job, the customers, seriously, the worst people imaginable flock to these stores, and if you've never noticed them then you're one of them.
Pros
people you get to work with
Cons
Customers, a bunch of nice ones but mostly scum
Good job security
Ok place to work although it is busy and does take a lot of your energy to work there not much work life balance but a good team to work with better for people without family commitments.
Pros
wage
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cash Converters?
cash converters
fast paced
learned customer service

loans/buybacks

good company to work for and progress, training packages and ongoing training was outstanding
Pros
discount
Cons
Fast paced and interesting work place
Open, Closing.
Management was ok, but lack of communication.

Hardest part of the job getting along with the team.

Lack of Training, Too Understaffed..
Cons
Long Hours
Team workplace
A normal weekday can be quite quiet however, on a weekend is our busiest time. You meet lots of new people from different backgrounds and cultures and the job can be quite rewarding. There is always the possibility of over time and management do get stuck in and try and help you out.
Pros
Able to meet new people
Cons
Can be a long day when there arent many customers
Okay
The job at its core will make the time just fly by, but i can only speak for the store i worked at as they are franchised and not corporate owned so each store follows a basic set of rules but everything else is up to the franchisee.

On a normal day (dependant on where you live) you may/will come into contact with disgusting argumentative and just down right horrible "customers" with the majority of these so called customers being the local alcoholics/druggies that feel like theyre entitled to be superior to you.

But you will get the little glimmers of nice people come into the store that will thank you endlessly.

at the end of the day you need real tenacity grit and PATIENCE because this job will wear even the most nicest human down
Pros
maybe the your co workers
Cons
long hours, customers
Very well coordinated team
One of the best places that I’ve worked at. The shop management with years of experience in training their staff to their best. Like a little family- everyone look after each other. A bit long day, but the company of the colleagues makes it easier. It can be stressful at times, due to the high expectations from the customers at the buy counter. Therefore in my opinion the wages are slightly underrated. Small chances of career progression, unless you don’t mind relocating. Very good and informative staff trainings at the Southport centre. Sometimes it’s required to travel to another store to cover their staff absence. In overall a very good experience.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Underrated wages
goofs
stayed in the same location for a while, work is long and stressful, making work out of nothing, have no time for yourself and work takes over a bit to much
Average
Do not look after their staff even if you have long service very poor management.
Typical day starts with a briefing.

Poor management very little planning.

There is no workplace culture.

Very difficult to be positive.

Going home.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid breaks no sick leave
It was alright I guess
Working for cash converters was a hard experience. I liked the staff members I worked with was very fun and enjoyable however the Management didn’t make the staff feel valued very much.
productive and fun work place
it was a fun and easy goin place to work at. i have learned and developed new skills like testting jewellery and appliances,negotiating techniques when buying and selling also i had to do the webshop and amazon listings and manage the orders.the management was verygood was always willing to help with my development. as it was my first time working outside of london my collegues ensure that settled in ver quickly and felt comfortable.
Very good job to learn about customer service and retail
Talking from experience I think cashconverters is a very good job to learn the basics of retail and customer service. You also learn a lot about merchandising and how a business is run.
Bad bad people
They have you running round like headless chickens to line their pockets and then push you off the cliff when they have finished with you with no explanation whatsoever!!!1
Never again
Awful management,shouting at employees and customers.bad salary package. No kind of job security.
Working with cash converters has prooven to be an awful experience.

Also at the end of the contract they pay you with cheque so you lookse money by cashing it up.

Overtime hours that are not paid.
Fast pace
I have been working for the company for 8 years nearly now, I'm at a age and a stage of my life where i need to progress further!
Job location current : Grans
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash Converters. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9