Cash Converters

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

A horrible place to be
Long hours, tedious management, difficult customers and some annoying colleagues made the London Road, Brighton branch a difficult place to work in. This job made me feel very down as I was always working and had no time for myself or uni work.
Very productive and a hard working environment
Working for Cash Converters I have gained extensive experience providing a high professional standard of customer service,
Knowing all product knowledge thoroughly which I use to an advantage to up-sell and cross- sell products to maximize every transaction.

Being part of the management team I have great responsibility in ensuring the shop opens and closes on time. I also take part in the recruitment of new staff members and training them to the high standards our company requires. I have excellent communication skills and a professional manner towards customers and colleagues.

Other duties carried out included:

Cheque cashing , Accounting, Loans on products, Western union, Pawn broking, Pay day advance, Depositing cash , Jewelry testing.
Great company but management advancing through the ranks takes a long time.
A fun and interesting place to work, your colleagues gradually become like family and that make going in to work a joy. No two days are ever the same and there is always something new to learn.
Pros
Job security, interesting, fun, good training programmes.
Cons
Irregular days off as opem 7 days per eeek.
Ran personally
The management style is led through emotion and personal feeling.

The customer basis is horrible, including drug addicts, criminals and sometimes not the nicest people of the world.

It has a lot of holes in the business including lack of IT facilities needed for such a busy store

And the only one suffering is the staff of the front line battling a never ending buying queue.
7 years in the Hemel Hempstead store working under a fantastic manager.
The only stressful bit was the customers but that's box standard in retail.

You learn alot about yourself too.
Pros
Help customers who are down on their luck
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Terrible upper management, unrealistic targets, not great for women
Where do I start?

First of all, the targets this company expect you to achieve on a weekly basis are absolutely laughable, with no real incentive (a bonus, which in my year of working there, no one seemed to get other than the managers). The only real incentive to hitting your targets, was that you got to keep your job, which we were constantly threatened with.

Upper Management are very rude and like to show their 'importance'.

Monthly 1-1 meetings left you feeling worthless and unappreciated, even if you were hitting your targets. Morning meetings; never any positive comments, only focused on the negatives and put everyone in a foul mood for the rest of the day.

Very male orientated environment, I was told they don't hire many women, as they 'cause too much drama'. Constant 'banter' and derogatory comments were made on a daily basis about staff and customers. Everyday you would get blamed for something new.

I'd avoid this company, especially this franchise, it will wear you down and it could honestly make a saint swear.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Long days, constant lad banter, the franchise.
It's ok.
Retail. I don't complain or moan about work and jobs. But when your shift starts at 9:00 and you HAVE to be there for 8:00 to "set" things up, it annoyed me a little. Good enough place to work when you have a good team. But the hours were long and the work was grueling adding to the stress of working on personal and store targets.
Pros
Good team.
Cons
Long hours. Silly starting and finish times.
Enjoyable work environment but little progression available
The work environment was very good and customers were polite. The management is adequate but not fully competent to deal with all questions/ problems that arise.
Good to make money not a career
It’s a good place to make money or gain experience in retail otherwise I wouldn’t advise anyone to work for them longterm as they would use you for their own gain and needs
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Random hours, bad staff
cash converters
The music manager was lovely but the overall cash converters was quite rude but I did enjoy my time.
The lunch hours were good. And I learnt a lot about customer service
Pros
Could leave early if I had a interview or a appointment
Cons
Could be boring.
Capital cash is terrible
Do not work for the franchise group capital cash they have an incredible high turn over of staff with a hire and fire culture. When you leave they will also look at any mistakes you have made in order to keep your last payslip. This is written into your contract.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Bad area management for area 3
Not nice
It was fun when my second manager came onboard he made the atmosphere in the store great always played good music and always gave people at least 3 days to come back for there goods
But when my second manager came along he changed the flow of the store therefore we had a decline in sales we still made target but never made bonus
Pros
Great job for networking
Cons
Head office make targets almost impossible
Wouldn’t recommend working here at all!
Had a pretty awful time for the 4 months I had spent at the branch.

Very unorganised as a business, managers are unprofessional spent more time taking phone calls & cigarette breaks than dealing with customers.

No adequate training was provided, more so a ‘learn as a go’ method was applied.

Timed breaks

Unable to address any issues or problems with either area or line manager as they were unable to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, meaning all outcomes were one sided.

Out of all my job roles this has to be far the worst experience, Please save yourself some time & do NOT apply at the Hayes Branch.

Just heads up.
Pros
The customers
Cons
The management, pay, long hours
Overall best job I've had
Only job I've had were I've progressed. I went from a sales assistant to the store manager in three years which has opened doors for me on my CV. Every day is different one day you can be buying so many different items to the next you could be selling FX to customers about to go abroad. Worst parts of this job for has always been th pay has been poor and at least a few times a week you will have to deal with nasty or stressed customers but you get used to it.
Pros
Progression, every day different, learn about lots of different items
Cons
Bad pay, nasty customers
Enjoyable workplace
I worked part time at this establishment. A typical day would require me to engage with customers about products that were on sale and informing them of all the pros on a particular product and why they should purchase over a similar product. The job also required me to negotiate with customers when they came to sell products in the store so both parties felt a fair price was given.
cash converters
Cash Converters came over from Australia and launched its first store in the UK in 1991. We have pioneered the buying and selling of pre-owned goods in the UK. Bringing the operation alongside leading high street retailers, visit one of the many hugely successful stores around the UK and you’ll find a wide selection of products on sale.
easy enough role but loads of expectations
serving customers and interaction is very easy and can be rewarding, most customers aren't clued up on products so you can sell them whatever you want to if you dress them up a bit

unless you get in with management, you are just a dogsbody to improve the managers bonus. they may have many ideas in improvements to the store, but they expect you to implement them whilst managing the shopfloor, serving customers, fixing blocked or broken stock, rotating and replacing sold stock, refunds, brushing up, printing labels, cleaning windows and shelving, merchandising and not forgetting...achieve targets.

there are morning and evening stock counts. these and range from double to triple figures so make sure your good a counting as this will be the bane of you life if the totals come up wrong!!!

you aren't allowed much time away from the shopfloor (expect 9hrs stoop up in shoes) or if you want to learn another area of the business, you are questioned like you've committed a crime and told "its not your job"

there isn't much in the way of progression unless someone leaves, is a brown nose or gets sacked. management are there to look after their own job and anyone that is marginally better is for the high jump

past experiences will only get you so far, having a WORKING SMARTER NOT HARDER attitude will see you getting the ACT YOUR WAGE mantra
Pros
staff discount, but you have to wait for AOM approval, quicker to sell to a friend
Cons
standing up for your full shift, unfair rotas, talked down to, no progression or real training
Awful
Advertised as 30 days holiday only 22 actual days holiday. Advertised wage is based on the assumption you'll hit your ever growing targets and if the Manager wants to pay you your bonus or keep the pot higher for himself and his favourites. Bullying atmosphere disguised as "banter". Constantly use your job as a fear tactic to get you to do what they want especially during your probation period. Hull store is generally controlled by the Manager and as such he treats staff however he likes and his management team are either his friends or too worried that they will lose their position to speak up. Told what a friendly and fun place it is to work for the first few weeks then the gloves come off. Just a horrible, toxic environment. Avoid like the plague.
enjoyable job
working on the buying desk was always an interesting challenge, helping customers find what they were looking for was rewarding.

very target and sales based so if business was slow it had an impact on everyone.
Pros
always something new to do
Cons
can be stressful when under performing in sales
good place to work
A good place to work, fun, enjoyable ,inviting people help you get settled in and help you with your working day.customers where mostly very nice also
Fun, Rewarding, Hard work!
Hard work but very rewarding. The pay, hours and job security are good. I enjoyed the training program they had in place and the rewards that came with it.

The atmosphere was great and everyone i worked with got along and had a good time, which made a refreshing change from other places.
Pros
Appreciation, its nice to be a name not a just a number
Cons
Sometimes out late if tills dont balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash Converters. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9