Cash Converters

Cash Converters Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews
It is a good company to be working in, although the "promotion" of staff is normally done externally by hiring new people for available positions instead of offering the vacancies to staff that are already experienced in the business, unfair on that sense.
Good to learn about different types of aspects of the business, from Log Book Loans, to Pawn Gold/Silver, Personal Loans and Buybacks.
Pros
Good environment; Good work schedule
Cons
Low wage (minimum); Fast paced; Stressful
If you like working long hours to make your boss lots of money while you get very little for the work you do then go ahead. I was the assistant manager for 6 years and staff turnover is huge. You are not rewarded for your efforts and family members of the director who are useless are pushed to the top. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Get first pick of stock with a discount
Cons
Working there.
The day would start by preparing to open the shop. The running of opening the shop would be counting the tills, ensuring stock are not on counters, opening the shutters, as well as cleaning the surfaces.When it is opening hours either buy goods of customers or sell to to customers whilst ensuring they are highly satisfied.
Fun fast paced place to work where you meet a lot of people from all walks of life. Working as a team
Great job satisfaction for right person. I would

Recommend any body to work there with the

Right attitude and comitment.
Pros
Fun environment to work great all round job.
Cons
None I can think of.
There is great place to work if you want to get hand on something new every day. It keeps you up to date with electronics new technologies. Also jewellery and watches something that I always loved and enjoyed to working with
Open, Closing.
Management was ok, but lack of communication.

Hardest part of the job getting along with the team.

Lack of Training, Too Understaffed..
Cons
Long Hours
They have you running round like headless chickens to line their pockets and then push you off the cliff when they have finished with you with no explanation whatsoever!!!1
If this is your only job option then stay on JSA! Paid less than others who had a lower skill set and refused to work certain departments.
Once in management your bonus becomes quarterly rather than monthly. In that third month you can see the regional manager fishing around looking for the smallest reason not to pay a bonus! Even an "issue" that's been in the store for a year they pretend they had no knowledge of it and blame you to take away your hard earned bonus.

Expected to work a lot of unpaid hours but will never put in writing they expect you in at a certain time but will insist you are in store well before the time you start getting paid for.
Pros
You get a wage...
Cons
Long hours, missed breaks, unpaid hours, losing bonus for things out of your hands.
fun and engaging with people on a daily basis funny stories you hear from people dealing with different situations daily..

downside was management wasnt great and pay wasnt great
Liked working with cash converters but there was no room for career progression.
I would have stayed if I could have furthered in my career.

I would recommend it to friends
Pros
Close to home
store has lots of different areas from retail/buying in goods from customers/pawn/personal finance cash advances/web shop and more each has it's own processes so lot to go wrong and it dose
which can lead to no 2 days being the same .you never get bored
Pros
some work mates/customers never 2 days the same/lots to do every day
Cons
can be long hours but that is retail
A typical day would consist of opening the store, setting up the floats and assigning tasks to staff for the day, re-merchandising and assisting customers with queries and providing them with the best possible service to help them with their purchases and ensure their satisfaction.
I have learned to delegate effectively and efficiently to ensure all staff, including myself, meet the high standards expected by customers and management alike.

My co-workers are all bright, fun, light-hearted folk who excel with customer service and face every challenge head on.

The hardest part of the job, I feel, is in the buying dept. when you have to explain to customers that their treasured possessions do not hold the value they believe. Our objective is to educate them and lower their expectations in a satisfactory and friendly manner.

Without doubt the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know customers and becoming friends with them and hearing their stories.
taken over by new owners who are just out to rip people off. they hate the people of paisley yet they will quickly take your money from you. pair of robbers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst employers ever
Whilst working for cashconverters I learnt a lot in a short space of time. mainly because I had a great team behind me. progression is my main focal point and there are a lot of good people that helped me along the way to become a manager. I enjoyed every part of management and what everyday entailed. I had and excellent rapour with customers and I thrived to be the best I could. unfortunately I had to leave due to money. I was on a very low salary for the work I done and I do not agree with working for less than you are worth. On a day to day basis I would open and close the business whilst maintaining 10 members of staff and doing end of day figures plus weekly figures, pay bills, attend to customer complaints and queries, making sure the shop was suitable to be open and control stock levels amongst other things.
Pros
great people, good experience
Cons
very low pay, take care of staff better
If you enjoy being insulted, attacked or belittled on a daily basis then this company is for you. A standard day at work for this company consists of customers swearing and insulting you, constant contact with police checking that you are not selling stolen goods, and upper management constantly putting you down. Depending on what store you are in depends on the level and quality of workers but the customers are all the same in every store. Very occasionally you may also get attacked by a customer you may suspect to be either drunk or on something illegal as i have seen this happen.
And all this for earning a pittance. Not worth the time!
The company teaches you a wide range of skills from: cheque cashing, loaning money, pawn broking and selling second hand merchandise. I have taken plenty of skills from this job role to use on a day to day basis
Cons
Weak Salary
meet new people, everyday is different, I have learned how to deal with customers with complaints, learned to close a sale and look for buying signals, I have been on a customer service course, I have learned how to cash up properly and how to use my colleagues for help when I need help on an item I am not familiar with. The hardest part of my job is the troublesome customers. I enjoy that every day is different, I never know who I'm going to meet from one day to the next
Cons
long hours but its a job, management has favourites
I enjoyed working for this company. I gave it 110% every shift i worked and thought this would be the company i worked for until i retired. I expected to develop a great career and grow in my position over the next few years. I was promoted to Assistant Manager after only 3 months, but then had to watch 8 different new Managers come in and take over, over the next 2 years. The final straw was when i ran the shop for a week while the Manager was on his holiday. The figures at the end of the week were the best the shop had had since opening and i received fantastic praise from other Managers and the company Directors. On the Monday the Manager was due back i received an email to say he wouldn't be returning, so the Managers position was again vacant. All the staff members and i expected that i would be promoted to Manager, but to my amazement and every one else's, the position was given to a young trainee, i myself had trained only 6 months before. It was revealed to us by another store Manager that this trainee was a family friend of the Directors and had also gone to private school with the director's son. After that i could no longer work for this company, so i left.