Cartrefi Cymru Employee Reviews

Shambles of a company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  BangorWales26 October 2018
Management in the Bangor Office are very unprofessional, unapproachable and does not support workers at all,
Working day was very enjoyable, but due to the lack of Service Managers support, felt unappreciated, deflated and very unsupported by management.
Pros
Support Workers
Cons
Unprofessional management
Support staff
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend19 October 2018
Working with the people we support was rewarding but my experiences of liaising with management wasn’t always great.
Low pay and long hours but that same for the sector .
Pros
People
Cons
Pay, hours and management/organisational skills
Great company to work for!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Vale of Glamorgan5 September 2018
I have been a support worker for many years and Cratrefi is the best employer I have worked for. Great staff and managers and amazing service users. I can honestly say I love my job! Always recommend to my friends and family and would recommend to anyone looking for work!
11 September 2018

Thank you for your positive comments, It's really good to hear that you enjoy working with us and have done so for many years. Great to hear that you love working with us and that you feel confident to recommend us to your family and friends.

Rewarding job
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend21 August 2018
A typical day at work is not something you will get when working as a support worker. Each day is different and you never know what you will get which can be a good thing.
Looked after as an employee,managers very approachable and listen if concerns are raised
A good company to work for with good support, pay could be better but social care in generally struggles to pay us a lot but the rewards of seeing the difference you can make to someone’s life makes up for this
Pros
Rewarding role good rates for sleep in payments
Cons
Lots of overtime
24 August 2018

Thank you for your positive comments, It's really good to hear that you enjoy working with us. You are right, no day is the same here as it is all about making a difference to the people you work with and it is really heartwarming to hear that you can really see the difference you are making.

Excellent Company
supprt worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend21 August 2018
Very rewarding job working for Cartrefi Cymru, all training was provided to me, good support from my line manager.
Really enjoyed supporting the service users daily, felt that I was supporting them to achieve their goals and aspirations
Pros
Good annual leave, plenty of overtime, lovely colleagues to work with
24 August 2018

Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you find the job rewarding and fulfilling. Making a difference is what we are all about and hearing that you enjoy doing that in your daily role is heartwarming!

Use to be about objectives for S/U's but feel it's all about proving your job role
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Llandrindod Wells6 July 2018
love supporting S/Users in their daily lives and leaving a shift with a good feeling of having accomplished a difficult task which would be easy for me but difficult for a service use. I find support from management to be lacking when things become challenging in the service and suppressed at senior level.
Pros
Working with the Service Users
Cons
Bad Service manager & Senior Managers
26 July 2018

Thank you for your comments. It is good to hear that you really enjoyed supporting individuals and making a real difference to their lives. That is what we are all about!

It is a shame to hear that you feel you do not have the support of management. If you do wish to raise these with us there are options for you either by contacting the HR team or contactheceo facility.

Lovely team shame about management!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North wales5 June 2018
I really enjoyed working within the team and supporting individuals, however management made things very difficult when they decide what they think is best for an individual and clearly do not work with these indivduals day in and day out, not listening to staff, not supporting staff and to be treated in such a way you do not feel you have self worth!
The training is adequte but poor pay for the amount of work you are expected to do, as you could be working with three individuals at same time, some complex needs!
All ways expected to work above and beyond your contract which was fine but no respect in return when i needed to attend a family funeral answer i got was "find cover" not acceptable, management need to have some training on people skills in my opinion.
Pros
Lovely individuals to work with
Cons
Under paid & poor management
26 July 2018

Thank you for your comments. It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed working with individuals and the team. I am sorry that you didn't feel listened to by your manager and that you felt unsupported.

We take all feedback seriously and will look into the concerns you have raised.

Low moral due to poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire25 May 2018
Very two faced staff including management. Everyone had to watch their backs at all times due to insincere work collegues including management. Too much expected of staff and more you gave the more was expected.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
bad management
12 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously and will look into the concerns you have raised.

Supportive management
Service manager (Current Employee) –  South7 May 2018
I’ve worked for cartrefi for 15 years and absolutely love my job. No 2 days are ever the same. There are obviously cons of this role but that comes with the territory (just like every other job) management is so supportive and push you to better yourself. Lots of opportunity to progress. I love make a difference to people’s lives and supporting the staff to change individuals lives for the better.
Pros
Opportunity to progress
Cons
Pay could be better (Like anywhere in the care sector)
12 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. It is good to hear that you enjoy making a difference to the lives of the people you support - that is what we are all about!

managment and staff changes
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wales20 April 2018
Very busy supported living enviroment.On the go all day.Supporting people with challenging behaviour. The main thing i learned was that with time and patience a bond can be built an with that bond comes trust. Which i think is very important when working working with people with learning diss..We all worked well as a team But with alot of both Management and staff changes did make this difficult at times, The hardest part was the long hours.No home work balance.The best part working with the people i supported.
Pros
Free food when out
Good company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wales25 February 2018
Overall it is a good company to work for. Excellent training, although expected to work over contract every week. Get on great with all the service users.
Pros
Service users
Cons
long hours, overtime. Pay
Support worker
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend18 January 2018
Enjoyed the job working with the clients supporting people in the community was enjoyable and varied
Nice to be part of a team on the ground level good training
Opportunity to gain qualification on the job
Pros
Training
Cons
Depends on where u worked as to whether the management support was good some managers not empathetic
Cartrefi RCT was a brilliant company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rhondda Cynon Taff6 November 2017
I enjoyed working here so much, I actually did it twice :)
Great support for staff - and i absolutely loved working with the people who needed support.
9 November 2017

Thank you for your positive comments and that you decided to come back somewhere familiar! Hope you've gone onto better things.

Lack of organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire6 September 2017
Poor leadership in the carmarthen branch. All staff treated with very little respect. Expected to work in extremely poor conditions. Managers had no idea what was going on
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Zero respect
Enjoyed working there
Area Administrator (Former Employee) –  tremadog21 August 2017
Brilliant management, lots of various challenges daily , lovely staff , very flexible with work shifts/patterns , went on many courses. Good pay good company benefits.
9 November 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. Glad you enjoyed your time here with us.

A Company dedicated to Quality support
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Colwyn Bay31 March 2017
I joined this company in 2012 and have never looked back. Excellent work ethos and commitment to the service users. Just one drawback.
Insufficient remuneration for the dedication of its employees.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Non
9 November 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. It is good to hear that you enjoy working here.

We strive to pay our staff salaries that reflect the hard work and dedication that they put in. It is increasingly difficult in the current financial climate with cutbacks in Local Authorities and it is something that we are always working on to try and improve this for our staff. We do offer a range of other benefits though such as enhanced annual leave, flexible working, technology purchasing scheme etc to try and some rewards. #

Clients made it all worth while
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Wales26 February 2017
I enjoyed working for Cartefri in the most part, making people's live comfortable and assisting with their day to day tasks and hearing many great stories. The team of people I also worked with made it fun and enjoyable.
However management let it down, my father passed away and I didn't live near me and I wasn't made aware of bereavement leave that is two weeks and I was rung everyday asking what day I was coming back so returned after 4 days i was then made to take holiday for his funeral. Another member of staff then made me aware of the leave and when I asked to be reinstated my manager was just like but you took holiday for it. There were many other problems around my personal circumstances after I had put in 60+ hour weeks for them, it just became apparent you were a number.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours and unhelpful management
9 November 2017

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry to hear that the experience you received with regards to your father was unhelpful and I would want to reassure you that this is not how we would want our staff to be treated. I know it is no consolation now but we do have an HR department who you could have contacted for advice and who would have been happy to help you try and resolve the issues that you experienced.

Was once good, gone to the dogs
Manager (Current Employee) –  RCT7 July 2016
I loved Cartefi but over many years the senior management and ceo have failed the charity. It now has a hostile culture and is no longer a good place to work.
Pros
Nice Tenants
Cons
Culture, management and eveything else
enjoyable and rewarding
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmarthen10 April 2016
rewarding supporting service users in the community, to make a difference to peoples lives. Sometimes very busy but it fluctuates.
4 August 2016

Thank you for your positive comments about your employment with us. We really value making a difference to the lives of people within our communities so it is great that you feel you are making a contribution

enjoyable
support worker (senior) (Former Employee) –  Trealaw ED, WLS9 November 2015
really enjoyed dealing with local customers. and helping them with there shopping experience.making the shop presentable and safe for the customers.
Pros
good team
11 August 2016

Thank you for your positive comments about your employment with us. We really value making a difference to the lives of people within our communities, especially working with local people as you state that you did whilst working for us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cartrefi Cymru. Our community is ready to answer.

Cartrefi Cymru Reviews by Location