Carrington West

Carrington West Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
A progressive employer with an excellent reputation
I have worked at Carrington West for 6.5 years, during which time the company has solidified it's reputation as the best recruitment agency on the South Coast of England.

Carrington West has won multiple regional and national awards, and it is clear the excellent working environment has fuelled high staff-retention, which in turn has led to a knowledgeable, committed and passionate workforce.

The culture is typical of many recruitment agencies - work hard, play hard - but there is also a wider more supportive atmosphere which ensures that staff feel engaged.

I would strongly recommend Carrington West to any prospective employee.
Pros
Consultants are industry experts with huge amounts of experience.
Really great place to work.
A supportive environment with a strong focus on learning and development both professionally and personally. The company invests in staff wellbeing alongside upskilling with on the job training.

We are given the tools and support to do our jobs without being micromanaged or scrutinised. Partner this with the best commission structure in the South and it's clear to see why staff retention is so high.
5 star place to work across all areas. You learn from the best and if you work hard you are rewarded for it. Great work ethic across the business which leads to a good atmosphere and environment to work.
Supportive and automomous
I enjoy working for Carrington West as they provide me the support to do my job well whilst giving me autonomy in my daily duties.
The management are all friendly and everyone works hard to achieve success
Great work atmosphere
Carrington West is a great place to work and everyone helps and supports each other creating a fantastic work atmosphere.

From day one you are given a clear path of progression and with the great management team in place I have seen several people promoted already in my short time here

We also have great incentives and social events every month
Pros
Great Incentives and working culture
Productive and Collaborative workplace
Carrington West is an amazing place to work.

You are consistently supported by all of the managers and colleagues. We are also supported by the celebrations of everyone's hard work.

Definitely recommend!
Pros
Supporting and compassionate staff
Best Company!
I have been with Carrington West for nearly 2 years and have loved my time here so far.

It’s a fantastic company to work for, with strong work ethics and a real sense of comradery.

The office location is amazing, very scenic with amenities on our door step.

The welfare of all staff members is very important here. Everyone is offered the equipment, training and tools they need to work in the most efficient way and to help reach their goals.

Hard work is recognised throughout all departments and is celebrated here. We are all extremely lucky to be offered incentives and rewards such as days out, nights out and even holidays!

It’s great to work in such a positive office environment with like-minded people who are all working towards a bigger, shared goal.

I do feel very lucky to be part of the Carrington West Team – They’re a great bunch to work with!

I hope for a long, successful and happy career at Carrington West!
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Brilliant Colleagues, Company Wide Rewards, Great Location
Fantastic workplace - Highly recommended!
Having joined recruitment from the large corporate environment of working for a major UK bank the only question I ask myself these days is why I didn't make the move sooner.

Carrington West is a fantastic place to work, it provides a challenging and stimulating environment where personal development and success in encouraged rather than feared as I have found in previous roles.

The directors of the business have worked tirelessly to forge an exciting and inclusive workplace, where we all feel part of a shared vision and ethos.

There is a strong work ethic which starts at the top and the company operates an open floor policy where the most senior members of staff are involved and hands on with everyone across the business right through to new joiners.

We are given a rewarding commission structure and company wide incentives that include company holidays, race meetings, end of quarters and team days out.

It is a pleasure to come to work each day and be part of a company where it feels like you work with friends rather than simply colleagues.

I would recommend Carrington West to anyone who is looking for a fresh and exciting approach to recruitment.
Pros
Friendly & supportive environment, great commission structure, company rewards
Great local company
Working at Carrington West has been a pleasure over the last 3 years, they are a company that look after their permanent and contract staff. I have always felt valued and seen my career future with the company.

There is an excellent vibe within the company and that is shown in the office. Helping people find new opportunities in life is very rewarding. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone.

Carrington West are very knowledgeable as a company in their specialist areas and I would say they are a market leader in their field.
Pros
Excellent environment
Great business, great opportunities
Having joined the business in the last year I am extremely impressed by whole operation. The business has grown rapidly but managed to maintain that small company feel.
Being a recruitment company, people are at the heart of the business and this really shows in the way in which the business treats the staff.

I am looking forward to a long and rewarding career at Carrington West and helping the business to achieve its goals.
Pros
Great place to work. Little things that make the difference
Best Company !!!
Having worked in various customer service & call centre roles for several years, I was very reluctant to join the world of recruitment. However, joining Carrington West is the best decision I ever made.
The office location is first class and all the employees are so welcoming and friendly!

The directors are heavily involved within day-to-day activities, which really contributes to the 'family feel' culture we have here. We are massively rewarded for our hard work, including annual company holidays, goodwood trips, End of Quarter nights out and more. Even as a sales support member of staff, we are rewarded the same benefits as the sales teams. Potential is recognised and progression is encouraged, so this company really is a place where I can see myself building a long term career.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Directors
Great Values!
Great place to work!

The Values of the business flow through the organisation’s processes and actions of its staff. The business has a really strong and inclusive Vision of where it is heading. This helps motivate and bring everyone together to work towards a shared goal.

Company trips abroad each year (for all staff from Sales to Accounts), along with other incentives, strengthen the team ethos that the management have worked hard to foster.

The leadership team have a great deal of experience and are hugely capable. They lead in helping and developing all staff within the business, this leads to the market leading staff retention rate!
Pros
Excellent Commission Structure
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
I have been with Carrington West for just over a year now and i can honestly say its the best company i have worked for, the company is 2nd to none in the way they treat their employees.

Great attitude within the work place and everyone gets along.

Working relationship with the directors and colleagues makes you push to succeed.
Pros
Commission, Monthly and yearly incentives, Directors and Benefits
Excellent Company, Great People
I've been in recruitment for around 3 years and Carrington West have provided me with the tools to progress in my career through professional qualifications and intelligent management. Our staff are continuously rewarded for our hard work and our clients and candidates alike have only positive things to say about us

We take pride in everything we do - this is what makes us market leaders in technical recruitment

Great company, great people!
Pros
Excellent incentives, clear progression, great atmosphere
Best company to work for
Carrington West were originally formed from 4 of the best consultants who came from a larger corporate firm. They have worked very hard to differentiate themselves from other typical large companies by keeping the work environment enjoyable and fun making you want to work harder.

You don’t feel like you are a number, every individual is treated like a person (as it should be) with respect. My Director has been brilliant over the 2 years I’ve been with the company. Any personal issues I have had, he has dealt with professionally and always looked after my welfare.

They provide bespoke training when you first join which is very important and is not something that is forgotten about in a couple of months, you practice daily in your role. We also have enabling change training sessions which are brilliant as they are very realistic and something you can relate to in your work.

Not only are you rewarded with a good salary but also with the most lucrative commission scheme known across the south coast. There are monthly awards where the top performers receive vouchers for their efforts and also special mentions for those that have gone above and beyond their role. We have End of Quarter dinner/drinks to celebrate our hard work and achievements as a company and yearly, we go away for the weekend usually in Europe otherwise we wouldn’t get much time! This is if we hit our target which for the last 2 years we have exceeded it.
Pros
Environment
Great Place to Work
I have worked within recruitment for over a decade and can honestly say CW are the best company I've been a part of. The Directors take the best bits of the companies they have come from and learn from the worst bits to put together a great environment and culture to thrive in.

You are encouraged to develop with the business through training and qualifications and have a real input into how the business is run.

The commission scheme, which is what most recruiters work for, is comfortably the best in the market.

Great place to work, great bunch of people,
Pros
Commission, culture, development
Cons
hard graft!
Great place, great people its a beautiful thing
I have worked with the company for over 3 years now and can honestly say it is the best company environment I have ever worked in.

We have a very intelligent and experienced management, we as staff are continually being rewarded and recognised for the hard work we put in to the business and although the work is challenging, we are given far more support than we are pressured.
Pros
Strong teams, well managed and well rewarded
Best decision I ever made
Having spent 6 years in Customer Service for a High Street bank prior to joining Carrington West in 2015, I can honestly say I don't know what took me so long. Office rapport is something I have always been quite lucky with, but it truly is an honour to come into such a supportive, high energy and fun environment every day. The Directors have given us a modern, spacious environment to thrive in with all the tools and programs we could ever want to do our jobs to the best of our ability. They are all totally approachable and all demonstrate an ideal balance of manager and friend. I would trust them all with anything. We are all driven, like-minded individuals that understand collaboration and hard work are the keys to being successful, I feel we set ourselves apart from other businesses like ours by adopting this approach and our results speak volumes for the benefits of this method. The reward for the effort we put in is unrivalled in the industry, I feel lucky to be part of a company that rewards their staff to the extent Carrington West do, both financially and socially. The only downside for me currently is the traffic in the morning getting here from Southampton, but a 30-60 minute drive is well worth the job satisfaction I get. It's my decision to live where I live anyway! Professionally, this is by far the best decision I have ever made and I can't see myself working anywhere else now!
Pros
Unrivalled incentive scheme, superb atmosphere, great career prospects
Fantastic Business to be a part of!
Joining Carrington West at the tail end of 2014 was one of the easiest decisions I've made in my career and has proved to be one of the best.

A defined long term career path is on offer which can't be said for a lot of businesses within our sector! All directors are available at any point to provide advice, mentoring or hands on assistance with your job role here.

The culture here is something I've never experienced before in a workplace, with a vibrant yet professional atmosphere.

In my role here I'm provided with the opportunity to build not only a personal brand within the recruitment sector but be part of a team and business that won't settle for anything less than being the go to name within our sector.
Full Of Opportunities
I have worked at Carrington West as the Compliance Coordinator for the past two years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the company.
There are ample career progression opportunities, as well as encouragement to continue with education.

The directors are fair, knowledgeable and approachable, which ensures Carrington West has a one of a kind atmosphere and all staff members are encouraged to work to their strengths and build on their weaknesses.

In my role, I enjoy building relationships regarding compliance with candidates, clients and third parties and working together to gain a solution to any issues that may arise.

Carrington West ensure every member of staff has sufficient initiatives and rewards staff generously and often, this includes annual trips abroad, meals and day trips, including Goodwood.
Pros
Directors, Initiatives, Career Progression, Culture, Colleagues, Location