Carpetright

Carpetright Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager22 reviews
United Kingdom22 reviews
I have worked here for a long time and have seen many changes in this company. Progression is encouraged to a point but to reach upper management your face really needs to fit. In store colleagues feel more like family, but low staffing levels can take their toll on colleague relationships.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long hours, undervalued staff
There new 360 system is rubbish for staff and customers they have made a big mistake
They do not help there staff they expect too much

A new system very little training kept all our commission after lockdown
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Mirosoft
Stressful, no work life balance not a great company to work for. Don't care about staff only £. I personally wouldn't work for them again. No support from hierarchy.
The company is not set up correctly and it’s current instore systems and warehouse systems are from the stone ages with no live actual stock data .
The training program is always cut short by senior managers , the training itself does not detail the levels of time it takes for external contractors to fit the items there’s no team work between stores fitting centres are mostly a joke the basic store managers salary is £21k with 1% commissions sin 22 years of retail this company is bar the biggest joke going
Worked as a Store Manager at a Company run by people who have little to none experience of running a flooring retailer, all the decent staff went to Tapi. Policy now is to employ people outside the Industry as Regionals etc. Before working for this company be concerned as to whether you are going to actually get paid. I managed lots of shops for them in the good old days when they were a proper decent company with really nice senior management who knew the business. Now its a disaster. Look at the share price from the good old days to now... its dived,,,, which is reflected by the people who call the shots.
Have worked here for a long time. Progression is easy to a point. After you have reached store manager level, it really does depend if your face fits for further opportunities.
average day is all day no opportunity for lunch breaks, constant stress with further business communications outside of working hours, really low basic for a store manager leaving you pretty desperate out of peak times
I have worked for Carpet Right for 7 years it’s a good place to work with the right amount of challenges and lots a career opportunities to progress within the company.
It was fun but they want your soul. There was no sense of work-life balance. The target was not achievable with no support from upper management with the powers that may be.
Typical day can vary, hard to plan your day due to lack of staff.
Learned allot about my self and my strengths went all over the region/country worked in many stores helped me to advance as a employee and as a person.

Very thoughtful management very hands on, accessible and supportive.

My managers praised and encouraged me to progress and I adopted this style very successfully when I became a manager.

Lack of staff long hours working bank holidays, late nights, Christmas and new year holiday constantly shrinking and after 30yrs in the same business found it hard to maintain an interest and a work life balance.

Success as a manager, mentor, salary and I made many life long friends only left due to 2 family members being seriously ill. I realized I needed to get a better life work balance.
Pros
Salary comeradery
Cons
Don't work for Carpetright! I worked for the company for 12 years worked my way up from warehose to store manager. I got asked to work in a particular shop to turn things around due to my experience. After a year despite improving the shop and probability I got made redundant. There was no attempt to keep me in the business or move me back to my old store.
The typical story of a big company that doesnt really know what its doing.
Theres a lot of winging it, stealing from customers, lying to customers and nobody who can give you factual advice or set in stone policies and procedures, you simply do not have the right tools or clear procedures at your disposal to solve complaints without lying or manipulating stock. It comes across as the company want you to do this, but quite obviously wont admit that.

If youre happy to manipulate stock, and do pretty much everything in a dodgy and unprofessional manner then its a great place to work.

There is no Black and white within this company.

The money is good for a store manager, but if you need black and white or clear structured policies/ procedures and even a clear conscience, then this isnt for you.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
The company itself is an absolute shambles
I love my job, having worked in high pressure sales environment it is great to work with a company who are so customer focused. You are treated with respect from senior management and targets and KPI’s are achievable. Don’t get me wrong at the moment times are challenging but if you are focused on customer service as well as targets you won’t find a better company to work for.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
great company, complete rebranding of the business and new directions being taken. New managment in place too generating an energy of excitment. Great enviroment to learn about sales and retail
Good company to work for provide a competitive salary and company progression is secind to none for the right candidates.

Would recommend them to anyone who is looking to progress in a role
Pros
Good remuneration
Cons
Can be hard work at times but commission rates make it all worth while and bonus schemes are also good, always room for overtime however Christmas opening hours are a bit annoying but what do you expect if you get a job in retail!?
Pros
progession is quite easily achieved
Cons
basic wage is low
typical days work was to engage with customer both face to face or via phone, do all daily paper work, check in delivery's and to put up rolls of carpet.
I gained a lot of experience rom starting as a assistant manager to becoming a manager.

most co-workers where fine, some would try to bring you down.

hardest part of job was shift changes at very sort notice and upper management not wanting to help finding store cover when short staffed.
general managing of the store keeping sales high targets achieved and the store clean and tidy.
Pros
excelent leadership
Cons
non
Leading my team to beat all sales targets whilst giving exceptional customer service
the hardest part of the job was promotional changes which happened monthly management seemed to changing fairly frequently everyone i worked with were helpful but competitive as commission makes your salary up
Pros
friendly working enviroment
Cons
promotion changes and competitive sales
Challenging and exciting.
Polite staff and enjoyable enviroment to work in