Carpetright

Carpetright Employee Reviews

United Kingdom185 reviews
This is a good job if you are career minded and can do lots of hours, self motivation is needed but you do get job satisfaction, progression opportunity and a good salary
They had too many chiefs pulling in different directions with little practical experience. Covered a large area and was often required to work out of area and quite often travelled up to 100 miles doing timed appointments.
Pros
Expenses covered
Cons
More was expected than was actually practicable to do
Money money money and staff comes at the bottom.no communication with staff and no respect for customers. I would never go back to this company just poor
Management doesn't know what is going on in there stores however believe they know better than the store Managers at grass roots how see it all day after day
I am an Assistant Manager at Carpetright and have worked for them for 4years, having always worked in Retail this job appealed to me as I love to give great service and help customers enjoy there shopping experience. As a woman in a largely populated Men’s job I would recommend this company as they look after women and take on any ideas you may bring to the business. WE ARE CARPEtRIGHT
The company is not set up correctly and it’s current instore systems and warehouse systems are from the stone ages with no live actual stock data .
The training program is always cut short by senior managers , the training itself does not detail the levels of time it takes for external contractors to fit the items there’s no team work between stores fitting centres are mostly a joke the basic store managers salary is £21k with 1% commissions sin 22 years of retail this company is bar the biggest joke going
its commision based with a distinct atmosphere of vulture like tendancies, get paid a basic below minimum wage and expected to do things well out of your job role. Also dont be suprised when a regional appears and claims to know nothing of how to work on a store level.

These are the same people you are expected to answer to when something goes wrong in the store. " It should not have gone that wrong, you have all the resources you need." they will say. while knowing absolutley nothing to do with store systems. ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very stressful. Constant customer complaints. No direction from Senior Management. Bully culture. Long hours. Lack of training. No work life balance..
Management are awful! They bully their employees. SHOCKING PAY! £6.50 an hour which is below minimum wage. Worst of all to make the pay 'legal', they dock your commission by £150 each month to make your pay up to minimum wage!
Pros
Cons
Pay & management
Carpetright say your do a 39 hour week you end up doing a 50hrs not paid.
Company has no communication with staff that includes the managers.

Poor pay!
Enjoyed working for them. Nice environment, some of the staff were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Looked forward to going into work and it was a chilled vibe
I love my role within the company, but the pricing structure is very dishonest and we are ridiculously expensive. We are ripping customers off make no mistake about it. The products sold are often not fit for purpose and conflict resolution is poor.
I was assaulted by a member of staff and they kept their job despite evidence proving the assault happened. I opted to relocate to avoid further conflict.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
I joined Carpetright straight out of university, and whilst the work was manageable, over the last few months things have changed drastically. Stores are constantly short staffed, and colleagues are expected to work overtime with no extra pay, and little to no management. Constant high targets that are impossible to meet with other pressures.
Progressed from warehouse to assistant manager. As soon as you reach management are carpetright it changes. The basic wage is terrible for how much is expected of you, days off you will get constant calls, there is no work life balance. The company is more bothered about who caused the problem than fixing the problem
Only work here if you are prepared to lie to customers, head office is a mess lots of complaints that happen because of the head office but you will be the one who will take the grief from customers. Complaints will all be passed to you
Don't waste your time...
Stressful job, none of the managers know what are they doing, lots of mad people, snakes, haters...Bleahhh

They have good canteen with very nice meals 😉 but the Chef is racist 😕
Had it's ups and downs, your experience is very dependant on the management you have both in store and regionally. Over 5 years I had good and bad managers and colleagues. Overall company decent, commission used to be good and had decent job security before company went into CVA etc.
Useless company. Clueless management. Just a general bad place to work. Phone constantly rings because we took too much work on for the fitters. And as soon as I started working there. There was an instantly a clicky vibe.
Worked as a Store Manager at a Company run by people who have little to none experience of running a flooring retailer, all the decent staff went to Tapi. Policy now is to employ people outside the Industry as Regionals etc. Before working for this company be concerned as to whether you are going to actually get paid. I managed lots of shops for them in the good old days when they were a proper decent company with really nice senior management who knew the business. Now its a disaster. Look at the share price from the good old days to now... its dived,,,, which is reflected by the people who call the shots.
I learned a lot about the carpet fitting trade even though I was just a labourer and i also got to interact with different customers and see different locations and all types of different buildings and houses etc.
I have worked here for a long time and have seen many changes in this company. Progression is encouraged to a point but to reach upper management your face really needs to fit. In store colleagues feel more like family, but low staffing levels can take their toll on colleague relationships.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long hours, undervalued staff
Have worked here for a long time. Progression is easy to a point. After you have reached store manager level, it really does depend if your face fits for further opportunities.