CARPETRIGHT PLC Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Senior Management are Clueless
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London31 October 2019
Worked as a Store Manager at a Company run by people who have little to none experience of running a flooring retailer, all the decent staff went to Tapi. Policy now is to employ people outside the Industry as Regionals etc. Before working for this company be concerned as to whether you are going to actually get paid. I managed lots of shops for them in the good old days when they were a proper decent company with really nice senior management who knew the business. Now its a disaster. Look at the share price from the good old days to now... its dived,,,, which is reflected by the people who call the shots.
Good, not great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire25 October 2019
Have worked here for a long time. Progression is easy to a point. After you have reached store manager level, it really does depend if your face fits for further opportunities.
terrible work life balance
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 September 2019
average day is all day no opportunity for lunch breaks, constant stress with further business communications outside of working hours, really low basic for a store manager leaving you pretty desperate out of peak times
Excellent place to work with lots of opportunities
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex13 April 2019
I have worked for Carpet Right for 7 years it’s a good place to work with the right amount of challenges and lots a career opportunities to progress within the company.
it was fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  boehamwood4 April 2019
It was fun but they want your soul. There was no sense of work-life balance. The target was not achievable with no support from upper management with the powers that may be.
Very good place to work if you can put the hours in.
Store Manager Wolverhampton (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton12 March 2019
Typical day can vary, hard to plan your day due to lack of staff.
Learned allot about my self and my strengths went all over the region/country worked in many stores helped me to advance as a employee and as a person.
Very thoughtful management very hands on, accessible and supportive.
My managers praised and encouraged me to progress and I adopted this style very successfully when I became a manager.
Lack of staff long hours working bank holidays, late nights, Christmas and new year holiday constantly shrinking and after 30yrs in the same business found it hard to maintain an interest and a work life balance.
Success as a manager, mentor, salary and I made many life long friends only left due to 2 family members being seriously ill. I realized I needed to get a better life work balance.
Pros
Salary comeradery
Horrible Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex15 January 2019
Don't work for Carpetright! I worked for the company for 12 years worked my way up from warehose to store manager. I got asked to work in a particular shop to turn things around due to my experience. After a year despite improving the shop and probability I got made redundant. There was no attempt to keep me in the business or move me back to my old store.
The whole setup of the company is a joke.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset11 November 2018
The typical story of a big company that doesnt really know what its doing.
Theres a lot of winging it, stealing from customers, lying to customers and nobody who can give you factual advice or set in stone policies and procedures, you simply do not have the right tools or clear procedures at your disposal to solve complaints without lying or manipulating stock. It comes across as the company want you to do this, but quite obviously wont admit that.
If youre happy to manipulate stock, and do pretty much everything in a dodgy and unprofessional manner then its a great place to work.
There is no Black and white within this company.
The money is good for a store manager, but if you need black and white or clear structured policies/ procedures and even a clear conscience, then this isnt for you.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
The company itself is an absolute shambles
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 July 2018
I love my job, having worked in high pressure sales environment it is great to work with a company who are so customer focused. You are treated with respect from senior management and targets and KPI’s are achievable. Don’t get me wrong at the moment times are challenging but if you are focused on customer service as well as targets you won’t find a better company to work for.
Pros
Great work life balance
great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 May 2018
great company, complete rebranding of the business and new directions being taken. New managment in place too generating an energy of excitment. Great enviroment to learn about sales and retail
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gillingham20 May 2018
Good company to work for provide a competitive salary and company progression is secind to none for the right candidates.

Would recommend them to anyone who is looking to progress in a role
Pros
Good remuneration
Cons
hard work but rewards are good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 October 2017
Can be hard work at times but commission rates make it all worth while and bonus schemes are also good, always room for overtime however Christmas opening hours are a bit annoying but what do you expect if you get a job in retail!?
Pros
progession is quite easily achieved
Cons
basic wage is low
Carpetright
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Llandudno26 May 2016
typical days work was to engage with customer both face to face or via phone, do all daily paper work, check in delivery's and to put up rolls of carpet.
I gained a lot of experience rom starting as a assistant manager to becoming a manager.
most co-workers where fine, some would try to bring you down.
hardest part of job was shift changes at very sort notice and upper management not wanting to help finding store cover when short staffed.
excellent company
Cheltenham Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, ENG15 September 2014
general managing of the store keeping sales high targets achieved and the store clean and tidy.
Pros
excelent leadership
Cons
non
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  North East8 January 2014
Leading my team to beat all sales targets whilst giving exceptional customer service
i enjoyed working in the plymouth stores the work was hard but the atmosphere was mainly good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  plymouth, ENG12 December 2013
the hardest part of the job was promotional changes which happened monthly management seemed to changing fairly frequently everyone i worked with were helpful but competitive as commission makes your salary up
Pros
friendly working enviroment
Cons
promotion changes and competitive sales
Productive and fun place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  LONDON30 April 2013
Challenging and exciting.
Polite staff and enjoyable enviroment to work in
up to 16 hours daily no family life
store manager (Former Employee) –  great yarmouth, bury saint edmunds and kings lynn9 July 2012
the job was very rewarding and to the pay, but the hours got longer and longer, so i never got to see my 2 sons growing up. family life became a strain.
Pros
great job satisfaction
Cons
over the top long hours