CARPETRIGHT PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire4 November 2019
Useless company. Clueless management. Just a general bad place to work. Phone constantly rings because we took too much work on for the fitters. And as soon as I started working there. There was an instantly a clicky vibe.
Fun workplace and good people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian4 May 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I got to interact with the public and learn new sales techniques which will aid me in any sales job. I was trained thoroughly through the company intranet and the assistant manager.
ok company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Helens17 April 2018
carpetright was a good place to work but after 92 store closures not any more , staff are great to know , good customer service , good range of products
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not a lot of training
prodctive
SALES ASSISTANT/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey6 February 2018
learned customer service fun loving culture hardest part is to compete with nasty colleague or unethical sale staff but company do give you opportunity to grow
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London20 January 2018
Well know company within the carpet industry. I learnt most this I know about flooring while working at this company. ................................
Nice carpets
Sales Showroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant30 August 2017
Nice carpets. Pleasant working environment but I felt that the demands on my time were beyond my job description. I was asked to cover other peoples shifts.
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dunstable30 May 2017
Worked there for over a year, very enjoyable job.
Pretty relaxing role, simple, quick days and nice staff. Learn a lot about an industry that is quite hidden.
Pros
commission.
Cons
Can sometimes be a long day if no customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey2 March 2017
worked for ten years seamlessly for this company but in the end I was asked to resign if I want holidays in November I want it only because of my child arrangements but my regional manager forced me to resign
Rewarding and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South East23 February 2017
Carpetright is an enjoyable company to work for and I have spent 20 years here working from the warehouse to store manager.

I have learnt a lot and been through several changes to from how we should serve customers to complete process changes and store refurb
Poor basic
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochdale4 January 2017
Basic wage is very poor . 39hour week is actually 40.5 (+6hours lunch you don't get to take) plus 6hours on a Sunday . 6 out of 7 days .
On the plus side .
Most collages and management are very friendly .
Cons
Basic wage is only £12750
Official response from CARPETRIGHT PLC
28 March 2017

Carpetright commit to paying our colleagues a minimum of the current National Living Wage which is £7.20 per hour for ages 17+ (this increases to £7.50 as of 1st April 2017)
All Full time contracts are 39 hours for non managers and are offered on a 5 out of 7 contract

Long unsociable hours.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East division4 November 2016
The company is always going on about work life balance,, but this year have cut down Christmas time off and added extra late nights for 8 days after Christmas, the staff are not getting paid any extra for this,, the hours are very long with no time to take lunch break, you have to do the work of 3 people with little or no thanks, staff are left to work in stores on there own sometimes for days on end,and still expected to keep standards at high level, always adding extra hours on with no extra pay, never get thanked by management,, basically you are just a number, you are always getting told that you chose to work in retail so get on with it, I have now left and joined competitor company wich already fell like the best thing I have ever done
Pros
Can't spend time with family you don't like
Cons
Long hours, extra work, no thanks or extra pay
Productive and motivated workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  coventry1 August 2016
I enjoyed this placement, as the business was managed with organisation and ease. I learned to multi-task, as well as, steps to make my work more efficient. The hardest part of this job was making sure to meet my targets by the end of the day, however, I was able to turn this weakness into a strength by consulting my manager and understanding how to improve my work.
productive and fun
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  York29 October 2015
good company laid back supportive and helpful good salary which is a change for retail overall a good company to work for
5pounds
sale assistant till (Former Employee) –  in grays6 March 2014
I have worked in the salon at the repatriation commitment as a volunteer for the T-Fest Weekend. Also marries frozen foods and groceries in grays
Pros
30minute
Cons
9:am to 6pm
Limited working hours, need much more professional work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich30 October 2012
My current day at work involves part-time running of my workplace in the evenings and on Sundays. I perform a range of duties including cleaning and maintenance of the store in which I work, also helping serve customers helping them find what they need in store.
I have learned and improved upon my product knowledge in order to help serve customers.
Management of the shop is adequate, however, my colleagues are supportive and work hard.
The hardest part of the job is that it is sometimes physically demanding but it is also rewarding, as is the most enjoyable part of my job which is dealing with customers and getting frequent good feedback on my performance and customer service skills. I enjoy my work and it is flexible but I need longer hours and a more professional position, and very importantly the opportunity to advance in the future.
Pros
flexible work.
Cons
late working hours/lack of advancement.